WTF @ TFW - 401 - March 31 2016

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 401 - March 31 2016

[​IMG]

Vangelus and Seth pop out a quickie in the first four-hundreds foray, rife with Computicon and absolutely no Wrestlemania. It hadn't happened yet.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - Unite Warriors Computron Grey Proto Pics
    - New Pic Picks
    - Hall of Fame Finals
    - Listener Question from Malunis_T
    - What We Got This Week
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_401_-_March_31_2016.mp3

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a happy Hulkie owner, I can definitely tell you it's a great set of toys, especially if you could grab it off actionrobo for $115 plus shipping.

As for the Hall of Fame vote, I can actually see Cosmos winning that if Inferno and Tatantulas split the Beast Wars vote. Kind of like how Ex Machina beat Fury Road and The Force Awakens for the visual effects Oacar back in February.

3. GasBlaster

GasBlaster Shatter Glass Such&Such

Hey... Hey... Hey, no third party Spreme in eight years! You have q third party Omega supreme from Planet X! But sure I would take a G1 take from the third party.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    They did a full based on Cybertron show. It was called Beast Machines and it sucked.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The MMC not-Perceptor also got to prototype stage, and that was a joke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point. I guess that would also fit into my criticism of Cybertron typically being depicted as mostly abandoned with only a hand of of Transformers living there at any given time.

7. Pandacron

Pandacron Headmaster

It gets me how episode 401 was recorded riiiight before 4/01. So close...
    Also, Vangelus, your dream plot show you described is called Arrow.

8. elgoodo

elgoodo Well-Known Member

hi just wanted to ask how do you send a question for the podcast? do you just PM Vangelus directly? or is there a dedicated email for listener feedback/questions?

9. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Planet X has yet to fulfill their destiny and deliver a proper Spreem colourscheme

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this was a weak one...

11. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hello podcast
    b4 I begin allow me to chuck a warm
    wasaaaaaaaaaaaaaappa your way, ty for all the 400+ episodes and the many hours of tf news and entertainment provided. bottles up!

so, also, I never ty for the answer on the KO FP insecticons, you saved me some money (and I imagine subsequent frustration) on a product which was hard to have good info about. so bottles up to that too.

Btw, good to hear you like the dx9 hulkie, I do too. About that, I was wondering if you could cater towards more legends scale oriented news. Have you read Mats article on the 3p scene this week? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/1064411-gentle-reminder-tfsource-article.html
    And have you read some of the discussion about the new zero tollerance policy at botcon?
    I was wondering if you guys could talk about what the future seems like for 3p atm, hypothesizing a stricter approach from hasbro do you see (as you suggested for dx9 hulkie) an acquisition (and use) of these products by Hasbro should things go down a bad road or do you think they would just close all the 3pies?
    At this point the question seems, to me, why is it like this in the first place, are there any other companies that have such a 3p scene (not KO)?

And I have a final request, if I may, would you guys by any chance look into interviewing somebody from a 3p company (I was thinking Iron Factory) is it at all possible to get in contanct with these folks, know more about their world, the reasons behind delays, etc, all without getting into trouble?

Ciao

12. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hadn't seen Maz's article yet, but I like the topic!

The zero tolerance policy thing is, for the most part, just grandstanding to make a point. Botcon has almost never enforced that side of things as harshly as they write about it, which has made the increases in worded severity more amusing to me than anything else. Nothing's different about the future of unofficial product as a result of that, imo. The case of Hulkie's packaging is mostly one of walking so close to official branding imagery (beyond the robot modes of toys) that I'm surprised that risk was taken.

There's no situation where Hasbro would ever take existing unofficial toys and acquire/release them as their own, as I understand it. There may be a hammer dropped someday, but the fact that little has happened to this day speaks to the likelihood that little WILL happen anytime soon. As most of those companies are based in another continent, it's unlikely they could be personally shut down by Hasbro. Denying Hasbro product to retailers who sell unofficial wares would be more likely an approach, but then one would need to weigh whether those lost sales would balance out whatever hypothetical sales are being lost to unofficial product. Especially right now, when that market is heavily trending towards a small number of collectors who want expensive Masterpiece-alikes.

Many unofficial companies are interview-averse, in my experience, though that's gotten more relaxed as time goes on. But many of those answers are out there already. Delays vary from company to company, and are often either a case of fitting into a factory's schedule, or discovering a production issue and wanting to address it before the full run is made.

13. elgoodo

hi just wanted to ask how do you send a question for the podcast? do you just PM Vangelus directly? or is there a dedicated email for listener feedback/questions?

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you have a flashlight and some black construction paper you can make make a homemade Vangelus Signal. Just shine that out of your window at night and a law enforcement officer will show up to collect your user question for hand delivery (that's why you keep hearing emergency sirens in the background of most episodes - it's the police delivering more listener questions).

Failing that, PM'ing Vangelus is a reliable way to submit a question, yeah.

15. elgoodo

thanks!

16. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just finished listening to this episode.
    I'm not done with season 2 of Daredevil yet, but I think it's been better than season 1 so far. This is the most human Punisher I have ever seen. Like you said, he's done very well.
    Great episode overall!

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I believe "Omega Ebrias" would more directly translate to "Last of the Drunks," which I think is a bit more fitting to the Legend of Spreem.

Do you think the double whammy of Omega Supreme losing the Titan poll and the Botcon Poll will quash his chances of the Titan Class prototype-probably-exists toy ever seeing release?

Also yes, You're pretty much describing Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow on the CW.

18. kegor

kegor New Member

Like the podcast.

Considering the idea of another series, animated or other, if they really wanted to make a series that didn't really involve human children in a main role, they have already set it up with the last movie and the ongoing need to become "robots in disguise" considering the public sentiment and the continuing interest by the military/intelligence communities in blaster-armed giant warriors who can hide in plain sight, or small innocuous-looking devices capable of spying. They would no longer trust human governments and most people would not trust them; making them somewhat hunted. It could be about what is going on here while Prime is off looking for answers. With what went on in the last movie, I don't think it would be "hey, let's all kiss and make-up and have adventures while babysitting your kids" That's if continuity means anything

19. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Megatron did use the super cannon mode in one episode. I think it was the mode that utilizes the gun barrel flipped around with all the parts attached. Funny thing, Megs didn't use it as a cannon but more like a long rang telescope.

Out of the members of Lion the guitarist went on to have a career of note. Doug Aldrich played with Dio for years and was recently a member of Whitesnake.