WTF @ TFW - 388 - December 27 2015

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 388 - December 27 2015

[​IMG]

The final recording of 2015 sees Vangelus, Aaron, and TJ Omega talking about things found under suspicious trees.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - New Pic Picks
    - Listener Question from CaptainSlowbro
    - Listener Question from That Guy
    - What We Got This Week
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_388_-_Dec_27_2015.mp3

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Super festive

3. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Sitting down to pee revelation rocked me to my core. :S

4. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Best advice, take Onslaught apart and remove the springs and little pieces of plastic with the nubs for the hip ratchets. Add some future to the hips on the inside, while you have Onslaught open. They become some pretty tight friction joints and solves the leaning issues.

To take him apart, you'll need to remove the screw behind each shoulder on the body, then the screws down his side. There isn't any glue to deal with and he should come apart easy. This fix also works wonders for Hotspot as well. The PE feet help a little otherwise and even then the ball sockets need future or other method of tightening.

5. Pandacron

Pandacron Headmaster

After that community LQ: Boy I sure picked the day to un-lurk. :eek: 

I think you've used that intermission before, that was a strong deja vu.

6. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome!

Damn I was sure I'd found a german commercial clip I hadn't heard yet, haha

7. Frozen Stratos

Frozen Stratos New Member

Hey guys! I'm a recent listener and for what ever reason this episode sparked me to make an account. I was intrigued by the discussion of the new RID battle packs that are now the old commander size class. I was really interested in having a smaller scale collection of the main cast (like in animated how you could take a combination of legends, activators, and a deluxe to make a good in-scale team) and was wondering if this could be replicated using a combination of deluxes and battle packs.

8. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having just picked up Sideswipe, it seems like a feasible goal. But the one thing that might mess it up is the current lack of confirmation(?) of Strongarm or Drift happening as battle pack figures.

9. Frozen Stratos

Frozen Stratos New Member

that's kinda surprising to me since at the very least strongarm's been a very important character up till now and they had that big push for fem bots early last year i think?

Either way, how is the figure itself? Do your opinions mirror that of Arron's?

10. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only got Sideswipe but he's like a fairly decent cyberverse commander. Wish he had a neck swivel, armour gimmick is fun, transformation stuff is simple but works. Anvil the mini-con is something I wish I could've opted out of to save a few bucks, haha

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I kinda want Vangelus to guilt trip me just to see what it's like to have him guilt trip me. :p 

12. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    The Jetman red is Red Hawk, Red Falcon is from Liveman.

13. nazgul777

nazgul777 Well-Known Member

As far as making people feel more welcome in fandoms communities etc. I'd also point out: it's not for everyone. Whether because of social anxieties or other reservations, some people just don't enjoy certain types of social interaction. So, for the love of god, DON'T pressure these people to join any community they don't want to. Nothing makes someone more uncomfortable than being forced to do something they have no interest in doing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    2 posts in and you misspell my name? *throws hands in the air and starts looking for the Mod Console*

Of course. That should go without saying. You should always let someone go at their own pace, and if they don't feel comfortable in a situation, don't pressure them to continue.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks again for answering our question!

Now I have to ask, what was "Not my Bumblebee!"?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I also agree with just diving in. I'm normally shy as it is, and crowds of strangers make me uncomfortable, but I'd always wanted to go to a Transformers convention, so I made it happen for TFCon Chicago 2014. Standing in line was fine. I was asked to hold a spot for someone, but by the time I saw them again, I was so far from the door, I wasn't sure if it would have been proper etiquette to let them in front of ALL those people. Just an anecdote. Should I have, by the way? I felt bad.

Anyway, once I got in, peeked my head around, I just felt really awkward and nervous and weird. Luckily, I happened to notice two guys from the Transmissions podcast I had interacted with quite a bit, so I went over and introduced myself and clung to them for a minute, and some of the other guys just started talking to me. I was still awkward and nervous, but I got to feeling a little better.

I felt better once I got in the dealer room. It was easier to talk to people about toys when they were right there. There was that nice little break room, too, where I took out the used MP Sideswipe I got to inspect, MP Wheeljack to figure it out, and bits of Quantron that maybe I shouldn't have made a con purchase of. In doing so, though, the Transmissions guys came by and sat with me, and that's how I ended up meeting James Roberts and turning into a starstruck quivering mess.

After they all left, I was packing my stuff up, putting it in packages and back into my bag, and someone else came up to be noticing the Blindfire I had, and asked to compare it to the recolor version he had, and also wanted to show off the UT Troll figure. It was pretty cool!

Sometimes you end up meeting people just by being passive! Next time, though, I think I might hang out a little more in Aaron's Extralife room instead of just poking my head in. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Going into your guys' paint discussion. It's typically the design team who'll decide that a paint app has to go. It's not usually the factory...at least not that I know of, none of my professors have mentioned any of those decisions being on the factory end.

As for "paint budget" to my knowledge there isn't really a separate budget for paint. There's just the overall budget, so for certain toys, it could be that the extra 2 cents or whatever per unit would have been just enough to push it over budget. That being said, perhaps some companies do have a so-called "paint budget"? I have no idea how Hasbro goes about it, that and I only have a single semester of Toy Design under my belt, so I might be talking out of my butt here.

18. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi Vangelus, Aaron and TJ Omega. I am currently listening to the podcast and I loved how you all answered the user question from That Guy. I recently had a face to face case of a jerk fan in person.
    I took my girlfriend to a collector show this past summer and she found a G1 Windcharger that she wanted to buy. She transformed it and asked me, "Where's his face?", which is a little odd looking and to a new fan might be hard to find. Before I could answer, some other guy yelled at her, saying "IT'S RIGHT THERE! THIS IS WHY GIRLS SHOULDN'T BUY THESE!"
    I'm a pretty peaceful dude, but I really wanted to throw a punch. I didn't. But I was pretty happy when all the other surrounding people called him a jerk.
    She's been hesitant to come back to shows since then. I have gotten her to come but she doesn't say much anymore at them. I know she'll be ok, but it still sucks that this happened.

19. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is a real shame, what a dick. That's actually something that's surprised me now that I've been a few conventions. When I go to the vendor halls/areas I am surprised by the lack of salesmanship demonstrated by a larger than expected minority of the vendors.

Don't get me wrong, most vendors I've met have been very nice and personable and looked ready to move their merchandise, but definitely more than what I expected were either disinterested in my presence as a customer, or unmotivated to sell their product, or rude when I asked questions.

20. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have never run into a mean vendor. Some are more passionate than others, I have seen that. I'm just happy that the vendor who had the Windcharger wasn't the one who yelled at my girlfriend. He was one of the people that stood up in her defense.