WTF @ TFW - 353 - April 23 2015

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 1, 2015.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ TFW - 353 - April 23 2015

[​IMG]

Vangelus and Seth Buzzard have Transformers on their minds and an absolutely on-topic focus in their hearts.

- Opening
    - Intro
    - USA Today reveals Fan Built Combiner info & more
    - New Pic Picks
    - Botcon 2015 Some Kinda Megatron Revealed
    - Listener Question from Sky Shark
    - Listener Question from Lumpy
    - Intermission
    - What We Got This Week
    - Ending and Outro

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_TFW2005_-_353_-_April_23_2015.mp3

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm shocked you put a GUN in the title picture.

3. Heli88

Heli88 Well-Known Member

Are you triggered by that violent imagery?

4. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

I knew you'd be happy about Victorion.

5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Headmaster King of the Moon from The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen for a villain in Robin Williams box set.

6. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    1:19:10 is when they stop talking about wrestling, for those who'd like to skip ahead.

7. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    I love the banter of Vangelus, but for a podcast about transformers...usually 1/3rd or less of the time is actually spent on the subject.

Wait a dern second....does Michael Bay produce the podcast?

Hate to be so critical cuz I love you guys, but if I wanted to listen to some off topic stuff you guys talk about, I could probably find a podcast for that. I listen for the TF STUFF! (Referring to MOST previous podcasts and not particularly this one as I haven't finished it yet)

Constructive criticism.

8. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the flowing statement don't mean to sound confrontational or defensive.

There are several other podcasts that only speak about Transformers and one I can think of that starts with at lest 20-30 or more minuets before they even begin to discus Transformers at all. There are plenty of options and choices, and this is the show we present. I like being able to talk about what comes to mind and include other topics of interest if that's how things go and would find a ridged one topic format less enjoyable. But you know, that's just me.

Some people prefer the episodes with Aaron and TJ and some some like the odd episodes better, some people like both just fine and some just can't stand any of us. We can't please everyone and speaking just for myself I hope we entertain more then we don't but we are who we are.

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Currently we flow as nature has us flow.

I dig it can get heavy for some folks, but until I actually believe we regularly spend less than 50% of the runtime talking about Transformers, I feel we've got a happy vibe going on for the time being.

10. Caldazar

Caldazar Tactician

Ebay:
  11. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    I love the current breakdown. I come for the Transformers, but stay for the off topic nonsense...even when I have no idea what you guys are talking about (generally toku stuff?)

If it weren't for off topic, I wouldn't have found out about mezco batman. Or mandarake, amongst other things.

So thanks, guys! Keep doing what you're doing.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Hey Vangelus, got a question for ya in regards to the podcast show, I (like thousands of others) am an avid Spotify user, and was wondering: could you somehow work out a deal with them to post the podcast there since it's also on itunes? I sadly don't have the means to use itunes even though I still enjoy the .mp3 link you usually provide.

Funnily enough, I don't see any podcast shows on spotify, maybe TFW2005 can be the first. maybe the master of internet personalities can start a new trend there. one more awesome place Vangelus and the Vangelcronians can take over. :D 

13. zandergb

zandergb Well-Known Member

I'm Surprised You Didn't Mention™: How it seems like the USA Today article writer wasn't supposed to reveal Victorion yet. Don't they usually save that for a big convention, like how Windblade's design reveal went down? A paragraph in the middle of an article doesn't seem like a Hasbro-intended announcement.

As for RID2015 Windblade, I'm liking how all the swirl designs on her body work with her face design. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb anymore.

Obligatory Sarkeesian comment: while some of her messages are absolutely correct, she also spouts a fair share of garbage and the methods she uses to put out those messages are repeatedly vile.

14. Noj

Noj Well-Known Member

Cuba would not get ruined buy American businesses. It's already ruined.

Before my family left there risking their lives to get to the United States my family worked in one of theose "Cool" "Old" resorts. It was in a great location and was host to many fesivals and events, providing jobs and oportunity for many Cuban people. It has since then fallen apart from neglect and disrepair, employing no one. Many families would love to be able to work and provide for their families if American investors came in and started businesses there. My Uncle went back to Cuba as part of a mission trip and visited his old home where he and my father grew up before they left. A new family had moved in after my family had left many years ago. He was stunned at how it had not changed a bit, from the paint on the walls to even the furniture in the rooms. As remarkable as than may sound that thier home had remained preserved all these years it was also an indication there there had been zero progress made to there home in over 50 years. No offense but to want to enjoy Cuba before it gets ruined by American businesses moving in is to basically want to enjoy Cuba for it's poverty.

As an example do you think the average Cuban cab driver would rather drive around in his old rusted cab that is held together with substandard and even home made parts or to be able to have a more modern car. Even if it's from the year 2000. If you think old Cuba is so quaint try doing this. Stop using you cel phone and just rely on a rotary phone in your home. It will be cute at first but it will get old real fast. That is just a taste of what many Cuban people have had to live with for many years.

Sorry to get heavy on the boards but the talk about Cuba really got me upset. I'm only bringing this up because it was talked about in the podcast. I want to visit Cuba one day and I want it to thrive but please don't suggest that when American investors go there that it will be ruined. That just sounds dumb.

Noj

PS I guess I should expect flames now.

15. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess what I meant was more like while it still feels like it's own place and not have an American fast food on every corner and those cool old resorts owned and operated by Cubans not foreign companies.

So yes, bring in money and opportunities just don't do it at the cost of losing what makes Cuba, Cuba.

16. Noj

Noj Well-Known Member

Hey Seth, thank you for your clarification.

I think what you desire for Cuba is possible. We both know there are Starbucks' and MacDonalds' all over the United States but the cities they are in have their own distinct flavor. Miami is Miami, New York, is New York, and New Orleans is New Orleans. American companies have also gone to many other countries and it's safe to say that they haven't lost their culture. Most likely they will sell mojitos at the first MacDonald in Havana. Better yet they will sell Cuba Libres.

A toast to civil discussions.

Noj

17. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But you also see smaller cities loosing what makes them distinct as regional and local businesses disappear to be replaced buy national chains. Just speaking for the area I live you go just north of San Francisco and you start seeing more and more of the same things.

Now it's not going to happen overnight nor is it guaranteed to happen... Anymore i have to say is getting into that politics area so I best stop.

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    By north of san francisico do you mean modesto, riverbank, oakdale, turlock, merced,

or do you mean contra costa county? a lot of contra costa county still looks the same for the most part. it's still pretty much dominated bty the railroads and the fishing. but yeah i get what you mean that newer chains have stated to kinda take over. but most of the land for the most part is still unchanged. with the exception of newer housing communities being built and whatnot.

I was born in Oakley, spent some of my childhood in Brentwood and Bethal Island, my grandparents (RIP) lived in concord.

just talking about it get's me teary-eyed I miss my home town there. heck my old school is still around too. I also lived near Mount Diablo.

anyway, long story short I get what you mean in terms of all these big company chains taking over and developing things over historic areas and sucking the culture out of the area.

and thanks to Celebs moving in and taking over as well, I also blame them somewhat for the culture being destroyed. thanks to them developing over historical land and building their stupid mansions well. and building stupid golf courses

19. Noj

Noj Well-Known Member

I totally understand what you are saying.

I guess we have to think what is more important for a city, cultural uniqueness or economic stability. Some cities can do both. But if you have a town that has significant landmark buildings that are not being used they shouldn't be kept around at the cost of potential jobs and tax revenue that can be generated through new businesses that can use that space. I live in a tourist town. Our city culture is basically to cater to everyone else and the city thrives on it. Sure people don't like that our town has no culture but since I moved here over 20 years ago, I couldn't tell you what it would be. I just know that there are plenty of job opportunities around.

Sorry for my tpyos.

20. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No I mean more around Marin and Sonoma.