WTF @ TFW - 186 - February 9 2012

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I love how deflecting blame onto the parties that actually deserve it makes someone a sheep.

Seriously, though, still going through WWGTW, but loving it as always, guys.

2. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
  3. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    Just to clarify,

@Gog, Seth, Aaron, TJ & Vangelus: My post was never intended to be a personal slight against any of you, having now listened to 92 of your offerings, at no point have I ever heard any of you be anything but fair, balanced and level-headed about any subject or topic that you've discussed.

I was also not trying to suggest that people didn't have a right to complain, nor that Australia or Europe are any more important than anywhere else in the world or that this is some kind of contest; People most certainly have a right to complain but that those in the U.S. having A Song & Dance (i.e. Those who have posted comments like it's the apocalypse, cursing out Hasbro like toys are their right to own etc.) should maybe take a minute to remember that (As you very rightly state Gog) that there is always someone else worse off in the world and perhaps think twice before going on a verbal tirade.

There are plenty of people legitimately complaining but in a far more civil and, in the case of WTF@TFW, educated manner of whom my comments were not meant for or aimed at; the point I was trying to get across to dbbdp was that that those in other countries are only too familiar with missing out on figures/waves/lines but that we know why that is: Retailers and Distributors, in which I (We) agree with the comments made by WTF@TFW; that it is not solely or majoratively the fault of Hasbro (U.S./Corporate) that lines have recently been cancelled in the U.S. and that to draw contrast with how you've handled that of the situation that has occurred with FunPub (A completely different kettle of fish entirely) is utterly ridiculous.

Evidently I've failed to draw focus to the point/s I was originally trying to emphasise in that post, so I apologise for that and hope that this has cleared the air in what I was intending to say and that I certainly do not expect anyone to have to asterisk anything (I don't want you guys changing your approach whatsoever). :eek: 

@Chykin: My apologies for not having mentioned the South American region mate, or that of anywhere else for that matter (Quite a failure on my behalf :eek: ); we too have stores with '07 & ROTF merchandising still on the shelves but they're mainly the independent toy chains in that situation (Some even still have Universe 1.0 stock at full price!). :eek: 
    I do believe that the U.S. has a right to complain however, but certain reactions of those who've now had to walk a little in our shoes have been quite ridiculous indeed. :wink: 

@Jordy: It is indeed my understanding that it is circa 70 Days since Australia received a new mold, with the last being DOTM Voyager Sentinel Prime breaking the previous 80 day drought. :rolleyes: :( 

@Orodruin: lol. :lol 

@Wingnut: I too am looking forward to the 2011 Botcon script reading, I'm curious to see how Vangelus did but I'm also quite intrigued to hear the other cast members like that of Chris Latta's daughter. :cool: 

@Bumblebee765 & NC Bulkhead: Yep, I too am still using Outlook - To paraphrase; Why use something else when it's not broken? :thumb 

Now, after all that :tongue: ; yet another excellent episode guys, I look forward to the next episode to hear what Gog, Seth & Vangelus' thoughts are on the recent unveilings at the NY Toyfair - I've damn got my eye on a number of those Kreo sets! :D 

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh, I wasn't responding to anyone in particular. It's just an issue that comes up a lot when people outside of North America see that people in North America are disappointed by distribution. Just a general commentary. :)  I don't feel like anyone here was being anything other than informative.

5. BigTransFan

BigTransFan Well-Known Member

Dear Vangelus,
    I was mildly interested in Kre-o devastator.
    Then you made me realize his various colors, which are movie colors, but are also call backs to previous transformers construction vehicle combiners. Then you brought up the drill hand and kreon G1 devastator. This thing is the ultimate meta-Devastator.

But no, then you brought up the 'chest face' and mentioned gurren lagann. A motley team of quirky bots who combine into a giant robot who has a face in his cheast, and who also has a drill for a fist.

THIS THING IS INSANE

Now I have some bizarre concept in my head that these four dudes who are hot blooded day laborers who aren't calm enough to follow orders in their respective factions, and then combine when tasked with a huge project where the guy who takes over as the dominant personality(who happens to be Spanish, not Hispanic, Spanish) takes over and proclaims "¡Nuestro taladro penetrará los cielos!" to his cybertronian foreman's chagrin.

So after this podcast, I must own this. Good bye 80 bucks, hello most ridiculous transformer fan homage in existence

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was seriously a little bummed to see that he has an actual robot Devastator head, in the Toy Fair weekend pics. :lol 

7. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...This is now part of my head canon/fanon.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  9. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Damn I wish I could use this whole thing as my quote. Very well said.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I just god RiD Bumblebee today, and honestly, I don't think he even needs the head mod. As long as the car chest is angled down, his head lines up pretty well with his shoulders, and looks alright. I also really like his automorph. But yeah, that bit sticking up behind his head is kind of inexcusable.

11. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to your post toyfair episode!

12. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    I personally agree with a lot of people how some people rant that they are not getting those figures, personally I dislike how some people don't even think that other parts of the world don't have those bots coming their way. It sucks for us two folds because we hear what you're getting and then we hear about people complaining that they can't find it so come on stop complaining.

13. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    A quick update...
    Australia's mold drought has been broken after some 70 something days; Transformers: Prime, Mainline Voyagers are now turning up at local TRU (Toys 'R' Us) stores for a measly $50.00AUD/$53.28USD - Yay! :scalper 

@Gogdog: I'm relieved and happy that's the case mate. :) 

Man I can't wait to hunt for that FoC: Bruticus, compromises aside I agree it's existence completely blew me away and it look to be a rather fun looking set of molds; As a proud owner of the FansProject enhanced Classicsverse Bruticus, I am loving this new effort by HasTak for so many differing reasons. :eek: :cool: 

- I wonder what the requirements are for being a Hasbro photographer though? :wink: 
    - Also, having read the Kotaku article; what are peoples thoughts on us receiving a set of new Predacons in amongst the 40+ proposed future Generations figures?, would you be cool with them being Deluxe sized?

"We will shoot missiles at you". - Vangelus (09/02/12), LOL! :tongue: :D 
    (Awesome delivery! :lol )

14. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    hmm so we have finally broken the drought hey, wonder when the other prime figures are going to be released? In other news I spotted the big Transformers Michael Bay autobot symbol dvd collection today at a jb hi-fi as well as some dv universe lego kreo's.

15. Chykin

Chykin Well-Known Member

Yeah... About that post... I guess I was just in a grumpy mood. Sorry if it sounded like I was saying North Americans have no right to complain. I guess I was just letting off steam (the wrong way) and typed without thinking. Sorry if I offended you guys.

From now on, I am not allowing myself to post without having some chocolate first. :) 
    (BTW, On the fence about deleting that post. Should I? I't's already been quoted, but I just don't feel comfortable with it after re-reading it.)

16. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    Finally got around to listening to this .... great show guys.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing is though, Hasbro and Takara are planning these figures long before the movies are complete. Hell a lot of the time they are working off of concept art alone. Skids, Mudflap, and Jolt were all originally supposed to return in DOTM and were even filmed.

Claiming those characters you listed to be on the same tier as Spider-man is laughable. Que is about as popular as Biggs Darklighter in Star Wars or Speedball in Marvel :lol 

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Great podcast. Loved it. Glad to hear you guys are getting Hercules. Will you guys also be getting Giant? And what are these Glyos things I keep hearing about in your podcasts...?

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm only about half way through this right now, but I'm loving it too. You guys have such a great mic presence together, and it's honestly one of the things I missed most over the last month when my computer was held up in stasis lock.

Also, +rep for the $20 Bulkhead comment. :) 

20. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They couldn't resist the pull of Hercules. I hope they fail to resist giant as well.