WTF @ TFW - 172 - November 3 2011

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Nov 13, 2011.

1. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

They've done it on previous episodes, with members of Canadian Slag and various other friends.
    That you calm down and recognize an irritated comment for what it is instead of calling it a demand.

Seriously, though. Has everyone else been busy or something? You used to do temporary replacements all the time.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm more than calm. But you are getting "irritated" because people have lives outside of a podcast? I didn't realize we had some minimum host requirement.

3. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

I'm irritated because of things unrelated to the podcast, and it leaked into that post. And I never said anything like that, and frankly I think the whole lot of you have been blowing people's complaints about the podcast out of proportion. I've seen three, four comments tops criticizing the off-topic stuff, yet on the podcast it's treated as if hordes of people are whining at the crew for having off-topic purchases. I'd think it was exaggerated for comedy, but you guys seem to be genuinely offended about something. I made an offhand if out-of-line comment in response to a line Vangelus said in the podcast, and saying I was "demanding" anything was completely uncalled for.

4. GogDog

News Credits:
    You are criticizing my reply to your post, when you admit yours was fueled by irritation unrelated to the podcast at all but "leaked" into it, thereby taking whatever it was you were experiencing out on us? That's the real issue, and since you have admitted it as such, there's nothing more to talk about, since that is the real issue. Hardly an issue of us not taking constructive criticism. If you took the time to see how rude your comment came off, you might think differently. Taking jabs at people because they are no longer helping to create content for your consumption is hardly constructive criticism..

I've said my piece.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. Aniel

Aniel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    I think we should have a new WTF segment titled "Aaron Phoning for Ass."

8. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

This is why TFW should allow rep.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Drew and Lupis aren't on the show because of there real lives making difficult if not impossible for them to come on. They are welcome back anytime they choose to return. The rest of us never felt it necessary to replace them permanently. Other people who have come on the show have done so as guests and it's not always easy for them to fit into our recording schedule. Hell it's had for use to fit into our own schedule sometimes. Sometimes it's not even that it's hard of them to come on but it's us that don't have the time to ask around and plan for someone to come on as a guest.

This isn't saying nothing will ever change. Listen back to episodes from the fist year, a lot of the shows format is different but change can happen slowly.

And AlanGarou, sorry but you're comment was rude, accusing those guys of not being bothered to come on as though they are just to lazy.

10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Oh man, an eHobby set would rock!

Ultra Magnus - RTS G2 Prime
    Detritus w/ Howlback - Universe Hound w/ Ravage
    Road Rage - RTS Tracks
    Sunstorm - Classics Starscream
    Magnificus - RTS Perceptor
    (Road)Hauler - RTS Solar Storm Grappel
    Clampdown - Universe Sideswipe
    Deep Cover - Universe Sideswipe

Just to name a few. My most wanted is Road Rage though. Not sure how to make Crosscut...

11. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I think that if they could have done Detritus wouldn't they have done him instead of Scorch ?
    I think RID/Car Robots might work as a theme take the Spychangers for example the customising class EagleKiller/REV was rather neat looking for example.

As to the idea of "fresh blood" or new guests - people really responded well to the British and Australian guest you had some weeks back I hope someone offering feedback to the show team isn't always automatically seen as being rude - after all they are usually regular listeners saying these things to you - if you pardon the term - "Out of love".
    I can really see the worth if a guest was bought from time to time in as they'd been to an International convention the regular contributers had been unable or not interested in attending too cover and that show had an interesting guest roster or exclusive toy.

For example the forthcoming Rollout Rollcall show. If you had someone on who had been and can report on what happened that might be a nice way to bring in guests that makes a lot of sense. Besides I think some might say if there's scheduling issues then having a larger pool to draw upon is a good thing if only as it might prevent the situation where some people were absent on the Primetime podcast.

I guess some are just thinking it might be nice to expand your circle of friends for broadcast purposes or bring in previous guests again or even get a woman on board.
    Here's a suggestion for example : If there's a convention why not get the organiser on your show to talk about it before it happens ?
    Vangelus was getting quite friendly with the Cherry Bomb folks for example. Why not ask the makers of the Transformers Games if they'd like to put some sort of spokesman forward.
    Take the current episode for example you were all sitting around chin stroking about why Shattered Glass was popular - perhaps someone else might have an answer for that question. or perhaps someone else might have a different secondary fandom that might bring something of fresh listener interest to the off topic section.

I'm happy with things as they are but I can also see the virtue of fresh blood if you wanted to use more guests from time to time. As the Australian guest worked well to everyone it seemed and it seemed something people enjoyed and that you all had fun on that episode making Australian jokes.

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And that's a more thoughtful and polite way to make the point. We are not against having guest, we just haven't for a while but we will from time to time.

13. Secretcode

Secretcode An Army of Beeeeeeees Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Oh man. I just had this exact discussion in an IRC group I frequent, except we didn't get to Clampdown and Deep Cover because we were too busy going crazy about the idea of a Road Rage using that Tracks mold.

Crosscut would only be possible if they used the Universe 2.0 Ironhide mold, and quite honestly, I'd never want to see that happen.

Also, regarding Magnificus: You know damn well the club would just go "NO, SERIOUSLY GUYS IT'S SG PERCEPTOR" like they did with the original SG Perceptor and the eHobby Magnificus.

...please tell me they never tried to pass off Road Rage as an SG Tracks. :( 

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I wouldn't care if they call Magnificus SG Perceptor, all it would take is a reprolabel to "fix" him. However, if they do Road Rage as SG Tracks, they might work the purple autobot logo into the flame pattern, making it harder to "correct".

15. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'm not really feeling that as if you do that; that leaves Ganymede in Limbo with no partner. Besides why shouldn't the Decepticons have their own Mad Scientist type above and beyond Shockwave. Like Megaplex he has his place and I like his place fine where it was.
    The only problem I can see with Road Rage is Road Rage is a Girl and RTS Tracks is not very feminine looking. where as the Original toy had a more feminine feel to it. - but then some might say that Binaltech Arcee, Icebird or Stryka are not very feminine either.

I noticed that there's a campaign on KO toys to get Shattered Glass versions of the Terrorcons and Technobots and various cassettes made. I don't know if they will ever be made but it might fill out the Shattered Glass cast roster even more if they do.
    I'd love to see Shattered Ratbat made by someone as I just love that he's coloured like Batman - I find that completely adorable.

Two thoughts spring to mind - Are fun Pub allowed to use G1 reissue moulds like for example the cassettes and have they actually said on the record that the representatives of said organization would never buy 3rd party toys ?
    Sometimes it feels like everyone has a City Commander to me.

16. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    I don't think Gojira Prime has the right to go Grammar Nazi given how their second question was worded.

17. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I wrote that at like, midnight. However, the irony is still not lost on me.

EDIT: Went back and checked the original question, turns out there were slashes and stuff in there:
    Yeah, it doesn't help much, but, HA!(?)

18. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Keep up the good work guys! A new podcast always brings a smile to my face.

19. Secretcode

Secretcode An Army of Beeeeeeees Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
  20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Vangelus, if you do decide to go ahead and get some Mega Bloks Halo, might I suggest stuff released in 2011 and beyond? There was a marked increase in plastic quality in Mega sets sometime around 2011.

They're still not quite at the quality of Lego and Kre-O, but they're getting pretty damn close.