WTF @ TFW - 148 - May 19 2011

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, May 23, 2011.

1. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate Icepick!
    I love the head, but I find everything else to be pretty bad.

But I love Thunderhead. If you forget that he's a Transformer, he's glorious.
    He works fantastic as a mech suit/personal tread-spider-walker-thing. I've had so much fun messing with him like that. He's been in robot mode maybe, three time in the past four days. Just forget it's there.

2. JosephMrd

JosephMrd Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys great show as always,

R.I.P to Maco Man!!!!

Hey can anyone tell me how I can pick up that DOTM AirRaid from Japan????

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

With Backfire try swinging the handle to the lower postiiton and using him underslung with deluxes and smaller voyagers, works wonders with that mode. I got Thunderhead as well and I can dig it, you have a skyhammer and put his mechtech weapon on top where the black rifle plugs in then it looks pretty massive! and just plug the rifle in the side and it adds a bit more.

I switched drivers with Backfire and Thunderhead and just kept the names the same since the open head guy does look a somewhat like Spike and the totally suited human from Backfire seems to mesh better with the "MECH" (hint) mode of Thunderhead.

waiting on an inevitable repaint on icepick, want a darker color tbh.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. Dezarus

Dezarus Well-Known Member

So, listened to the podcast today, and I had to investigate the femininity of Icepick, and I gotta say, that guy looks very lady-like!

I think it's the thighs. Those are the kinda thighs that could CRUSH a man!

"He's" even got high heels! *OMFG-splosion* >.<

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wtf.. new podcast 3 days after the last one.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I am sure they are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience their lives outside of the podcast may cause....:redface2: 

7. Blackdrop

Blackdrop Well-Known Member

I find he works even better as an underslung cannon for his wavemate.

[​IMG]

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
  9. Infinity Blade

Infinity Blade Some guy

And with that, I'm sold on the DOTM HAs.

Dammit.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fffffff I hadn't considered under-slinging any of the HA weapon modes. D: Has anyone figured out any cool stuff with Sandstorm's missilechair mode?

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    and damnit i need that now

12. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, that Can-Am Spyder HA has just made a HUGE jump in priority on my DOTM list.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

haven't got one yet, but it is on the list, there has to be something better to do with that mode than that, even if it means a bit of.. unintended partsforming.

no doubt, even with the slightly derpy robot arms he is still a damn solid toy on the fun scale, I am even going to suck it up and get that pack with the God awful Bumblebee repaint to get the backfire redeco in there with the green plastic. If you slightly offset the peg to one side and set him underslung on classics Prime it looks really sweet as well. I am so hyped for whirl and his eventual redeco.

Funny the whole new line rolls out and the only thing I am excited for (save Skyhammer) is all smaller than deluxes. So many nice weapon modes and included c clip weapons in some of the HABasics they are about the closest things we may get to weapons packs.

Speaking of Skyhammer, it you happen to have 2 sets of recon Ironhides extra guns Skyhammer looks very nice with them in both modes, in the boy mode pin the long rifles in the spots behind his shoulders, clip the missile pods in his forearms and dual wield the gatling style guns, very nice. In copter mode keep the missiles on the same pegs and put the long rifles in the inner slots under his wings and the gatling style guns on the outside. Looks really mean, I took the knives off and clipped them on the ends of Tomahawks wings to give it a little better profile.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm a big fan of Backfire. Only DOTM toy I bought. Bought Icepick, but due to my low budget, returned him to save for other stuff.

Anyways, Backfire is a bad ass. His gun mode is great, the vehicle mode is great, and the robot mode is good. Backfire has those great machine guns, and the gun mode that looks awesome mounted on WFC Optimus Prime's arm. He feels like a damn hefty scout, and I am glad I paid the almost $18 for him (yeah, it's that expensive here). Unfortunately, he doesn't fit into Seaspray's cargo bay, but he can be mounted on his arm in gun mode. I'm loving this toy. Unfortunately, mine has some weird stress marks on the hips, since the joints, you probably know what I'm talkin about, and the front has a stress mark where the two halves peg together.

15. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my username on Twitter and here is pronounced She-on 14 by the way.

Icepick to me will always be a half a woman to me. the long purple back hair sealed it for me and I should probably call she-he Chainclaw instead also. :lol 

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Shockwave or Skyhammer. Or did you all get those early and I don't remember?

Lupis- I'm with you, I'm not buying any movie toys either. Except Shockwave and Skyhammer. They're totally worth it. Ignore these other silly robots and go buy those two.

17. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyhammer is the movie toy to buy if you hate movie toys.

18. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Whoa, people actually don't dig the cloth on Megs? I thought that was a selling point?

Anyway, just wanna chime in and say that I love Megs and his utter lack of kibble and that he's sort of like an Animated figure in that if you think about it, you can't believe he's able to go from a kibbleless humanoid to a pretty darn good truck mode. Kinda like Animated Prowl even.

Although I'm not a fan of his proportionally smaller torso in relation to his beefy legs and big ol' arms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my case, I only had Wave 1 Voyagers available to me. :(  I've been sorted out though!

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Do you have the entirety Wave 2 now? I live up near Kelowna and we only had wave 1 at my TRU.