WTF @ TFW - 107 - August 5 2010

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would staunchly support naming the character Rosenbauer Cunningham.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Will download when I get home.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Right on, Protoman got his Headmaster set! Glad to hear it, based on how thrilled he was when he first saw it at Botcon.

4. Raithnor

Raithnor Well-Known Member

Regarding the Star Wars MMO. It's still around, but they made a couple really boneheaded mistakes that drove away the majority of the player base.

It's not entirely accurate to say "It didn't catch on.", more like "They alienated their customer base.".

5. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    It's all thanks to you bro, that shit went WAAAY over my head..... I guess I was in a coma that weekend.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Because of you guys, I've finally settled on how my username is pronounced. Thanks!

7. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Weird, I just started listening to Canadian Slag before this was posted.

9. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I understand that recording days can be a problem for people and that he's already on Canadian Slag, but Protoman should be on more often. Dan and Empir3 are alright but Daniel's interesting to listen to. Plus he fills the spot of a hardcore expert, something you guys lack. Don't get me wrong the other hosts don't bother me, but he's the kind of guy who feels like he should have a spot on the podcasts.

The odd team is the team who's usually more entertaining(sorry even team, it's just my opinion) Protoman only enhances that. He's the right kind of host, sucks that he's just a guest.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't one of the mistakes taking out the elaborate quest to earn becoming a Jedi and just let people start as one.
    That's the one. The little buildings are awesome.

11. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apology accepted.

12. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Especially on Rodimus, Protoman knows his shit frontwards and backwards. It was good timing having him on as a guest, the discussion really brought to sonic life the MP Rodimus discussion thread. That's been a fun thread every bit as much as this was a fun listen!

And of course it's personally fun for me to hear discussion about G1 molds and reissues. :D 

13. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Typos, man, Typos :) 

14. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still accept.

15. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I'm glad someone else thought Ultra Magnus for the fire truck. That was the second thing I thought of upon seeing that truck. First obviously being Inferno. But that truck is very reminiscent of Animated Ultra Magnus, imo.

16. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I kinda want to buy something from Vangelu just for a nice lil letter.... Then I'll have TWO of his really cool business cards....

...HE FLICKS THEM OUT TO YOU LIKE GUM!!!!

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First- damn that was long.
    Second- damn that was funny.

Other stuff- about Drift's arm-clip thing on his back, does that rotate? I pulled mine out but can't tell if it's really stuck or doesn't rotate. It'd seem kind of pointless if it doesn't but mine seems really stuck then.

On the MMO- most MMOs that fail do so due to lack of content. Age of Conan certainly did this (from what I heard there was level range where there were simply no quests at all available), I think I heard something similar about Warhammer. Star Wars Galaxies wouldn't let you be a Jedi- obvious fail from the start. I mean really, who wants to play a Twi'lek stripper?
    I think the TF MMO will be a bit like LotRO in that you'll be your own character and get to interact with the established characters as NPCs in the world. So you'd get quests from Optimus and Jazz or something, as opposed to playing as them like someone suggested. Even doing that though I think they'll really have a hard time coming up with engaging enough content to make this a measurable success. And mind you that only means maybe 100,000 subscribers.

For the listener question about 3rd party figures- how about Galvatron? Hasbro gave us the tank version which.. well, it certainly is fully show accurate. I wonder if Fans Project or someone could really make that movie design into reality.

18. NintenPhill

NintenPhill WOO! Japanese Imports FTW

Only if he has a monacle.

19. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    Fire truck Ultra Magnus?

...sure! Why not?! :p  Honestly look at the size of that thing compared to the cars and even Ironhide. If that's Magnus than hells ya I'm for it. I'm sure If he ever was in the movie, he wouldn't be his typical red, white, and mostly blue, but when I think Magnus I think of the big, bad, no holds barred, do what needs to be done first soldier, who has the ability to lead but doesn't necessarily want the title of leader...as long as they capture a FRACTION of that character I'd be happy. Being the big fire truck would at least cover the big part. :p 

But what's even more funny are people speculating this new gas tanker may be Ultra Magnus...ok, I could see that kinda working too...I mean he was one officially in the e-hobby exclusive laser rod Ultra Magnus, so it has been done, I just doubt they're aiming to homage that lol. If I were a betting man I'd say the tanker is a Decepticon and the fire truck more likely to be Magnus but it's interesting how so many people are wanting to see UM in this film...makes an Ultra Magnus fanboy tear a little if he still had a heart.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Seth opening rant about GogDog saying that he was uninformed is the funniest thing ever. I almost peed myself laughing.