WTF @ Machinima - Combiner Wars - September 25 2016

Discussion in 'WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast' started by Vangelus, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF @ Machinima - Combiner Wars - September 25 2016

[​IMG]

Vangelus, Aaron, and TJ break down some post-game thoughts after the 8-week journey of Machinima's Combiner Wars cartoon.

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
    iTunes Store

Zune user - You can still subscribe here, I think:
    zune://subscribe/[email protected]=http://wtf.tfw2005.com/feed/podcast

The RSS feed can be found here, with a link to the show file:
    WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

Or you can click below. But please subscribe to us, it's more professional that way!
    http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_Machinima_-_Combiner_Wars_-_Sept_25_2016.mp3

2. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    I enjoy how Vangelus just gets slowly more exacerbated throughout

3. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just watched a clip of Windblade vs Menasor and my god the voice acting was terrible. It would have better if they hammed it up a bit then the lousy one take phoned performance that was delivered. Menasor's voice had no weight that one expect from a giant robot and Windblade's delivery was equally flat. I have seen convention goers at an Anime con who dub over the mouth flaps during a panel do a better job than what Machinima offered.

4. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    I want to say that an hour and a half is way too long for you guys to go on about a 40 minute web cartoon about giant robots...

...but it it was warranted. All of it and more. 

5. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    I just went to watch some of it again on YouTube and Machinima have taken down the episodes :/

6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I truly hope Hasbro is super embarrassed and is thinking \"oh man, this was a bad idea.\"

7. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was seriously let down by the show. At NYCC 2015, Hasbro hyped this thing like crazy. I watched all of RID and kept saying to myself, "this will suffice until Combiner Wars." I'm not trying to knock RID, I do enjoy it, but I thought Combiner Wars would be amazing when compared to it. I was let down. I agree with just about everything you guys said.

8. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I follow why everyone's perturbed against Go90? You go to the website, type in "Transformers", and then click the episode to watch it. In practice, it is exactly the same thing as Youtube.

About the show, the biggest problem was the complete lack of "GATTAI"! I had hopes for at least some good stock footage combinations when Computron did that beautiful super robot drill-knee :( 

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  9. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    It's a platform that is not visited in any large amount by casual traffic which means only fans will watch it which means the impact is a fraction of what it would be as a purely YouTube series, and the probability that the 5 min format was in large parts due to the go90 exclusivity deal meaning it's strongly looking naked to the terrible release schedule. It's just not the platform to use for a successful release of something.

10. Torpedo

Torpedo Well-Known Member

I was let down by this show also. I agree with Megasquared above that the Menasor voice almost made me turn it off and not go back. Vangelus has better voice acting on his demo videos when hes just screwing around.

5 min episodes killed me. I'm supposed to wait a week for what boils down to an extended commercial of Transformers? No thank you.

As a casual fan I looked forward to this series tying some stories together on the stuff I hadn't paid attention to - i.e. Victorions origins, Windblades story, etc. Instead it was just a whole lot of nothing.

Lastly.... as Vangelus stated ad nauseam... how do you have a series titled Combiner Wars and never show a combiner combining.

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure Go90 is the reason the episodes were only 5 minutes