written but unsaved replies can jump from one device to another?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by seali_me, Oct 15, 2016.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I was posting with my phone but then it died. Transferred to my iPad and voila the writing on the reply box is still there. pretty neat function but how much of this keeps track of anything I have on any of my devices/computer.

it doesn't sound safe as it tracks my movement. just concerned.

is there a way to turn it off?

2. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't think it can be turned off.

What's your concerned with tracking movement? All it does is save your post to the database periodically, then restore it later. It's no different that logging in with one device, then later logging in to the same account using another device.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I guess it freaked me out little. Having been here for almost ten years now. Something new.

I'm guessing PMs are done the same way?

I also turned off my PMs. That's too bad I can't turn this one off.

Which reminds I have to check if it's still off since the move to the new forum.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    seali--- I think what you're talking about is all your posts are saved as a Draft... until you click "post reply". It (Draft Saved) usually pops up in the lower right hand corner to notify you that it's saving what you've written so far... your reply will stay there unless you click on the 'delete draft button' (the button b4 the undo arrow above)
    Even if you leave it and go to another forum and come back later... it's pretty nice to have I've found.

It's actually fairly handy, like when you're device shuts down and you're in the middle of writing a post, you can easily jump on another device and continue without losing everything you've written.
    Or you're interrupted by family, friends, kids, or work and have to leave things for a bit, when you return, your post is still there, if you still want to send it. :thumb