Minor/Repaint: Wreckers: Twin-Twist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Farrk, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Farrk

Farrk Well-Known Member

I suppose technically this is a work in progress, mainly because I'm not happy with the drills (which are obviously screws) but I'm kind of stuck for what to do, at least until I pick-up the base for my next Wrecker Custom, who should be easy to guess.
    [​IMG]
    Twin-Twist: Mining expert! Warrior!
    [​IMG]
    Paul Teutul Snr. lookalike!
    [​IMG]
    Ready with his Shotgun!
    [​IMG]
    Ready to dig! FOR FREEDOM!

So yeah, he's the Grey Hulk tank with some added bit for drills, which I really have to make BIGGER and easier to fold away, at the moment they stock out insanely in Robot mode, I have some ideas that way, but finding suitable drill bits is proving to be a pain!

The only added sculpting was on the head, I filed it down on top to remove the "hair" and turn it into something resembling a mining helmet, and as The Hulk has a permanant angry face, I thought adding a "moustache" would make him look different, it wasn't until after painting I realised that if I ever build a Twin-Twist junior then I could never have a motorbike Transformer, because they'd bicker CONSTANTLY.

Paints are Citadel black and grey, with the majority of it going over as a wash (mining vehicles should look greasy!) and a VERY light silver drybrushing.

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Finishing one of these right now. Looks great as ol TT huh?

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I love this idea, that mold screams Twintwist. Looking good man.

4. Farrk

Farrk Well-Known Member

I was moving some stuff around, and decided to get a group shot if my Wreckers together:
    [​IMG]
    One day I'll get the courage to paint that Springer... One day...

Attached Files:

5. SonUhva

SonUhva Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nice. I had the same idea but couldn't get my hands on the hulk. Just sculpt the drills? Have you seen my Wreckers project?

6. Farrk

Farrk Well-Known Member

The drills are actually just wood screws, and I don't like them, I;m going to change it up some when I get Topspin sorted, and I probably will scult them, and possibly make them into a pick-axe weapon or something similar.

I've not seen your Wreckers, yet, but I shall go as soon as I finish typing this!