Customs: Wreck-Gar custom add-on parts

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by MAIDEN JAPAN, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    Trust me guys he is doing everything one man can do to continue to make these add ons and get them out to everyone asap. he starts new projects because being a human being and making 1000s of little junkion parts, the same parts over and over again burn you the f^&* out. making the new sets is his way of keeping that fire going, yes he knows its taking too long and he has been looking into mass production for a year now. the cost of a factory and mass production and to keep the quality ( he is a perfectionist for those who dont know) is 1000s and 1000s of dollars so its been hard to do, him being a one man show and all, but worse case scenerio the problem with the long waits will be taken care of by oct of this year, and im definently not saying the new and improved igear factory and qc crew will have anything to do with it. (i will have to erase that last comment soon im sure :)  ) there is a chance the mass production of resin parts might happen even sooner to hold us over until oct

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I don't mind waiting at all, even for months, but if I am told "please allow up to 2 weeks for production time" then over a month later, still nothing, plus I was clear before ordering that I need these parts for a custom combiner I was finishing up, that's a bit of problem.

I do customs for a living to help pay the bills and keep groceries. Suffice to say this month ended up being rough financially because I trusted the word of a fellow professional. I would never give a completion time frame and not get my commission done before that time myself, but perhaps there is a good reason I don't know for the delay from the quoted time frame.

I LOVE MJs work. I have bought Junkion parts from him before just for myself, and didn't mind waiting. The parts were top notch quality too.
    I simply can not complete the last bots of my combiner and have them look near as good as they would without MJs parts on my own though. Sculpting small detailed heads is not my strong suit...
    I do understand how burned out he must be from making so many of these for so long but I really hope I get the parts soon.

3. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I placed a really big order just after Labor Day last September. MJ let me know it would take a long time. He sent me a partial order in March and the work he put into every part is very professional and appreciated. I also have the pile drivers for R/F, the Soundwave head and the Blaster head. If you're patient enough, everything is worth the wait. He takes pride in what he does.

The Twincast head was introduced after the Encore figure became available. That was after he started the junkion add-on parts project. I was also excited about his reveal of the Classics Inferno and Artfire head guards (with a Grapple head guard also planned). I don't mind the introductions of the new projects. No matter how burned out he might be, he still takes time to introduce upcoming projects to spur our enthusiasm while he continues to try to meet the high volume of demand. To me, it's as if he is letting us know, he is still there and working hard for us.

4. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Does any one have any of the waist parts ?
    Just wondering how they fit and If they tend to fall off easy ?

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I got my unpainted parts from MaidenJapan, and like the first time I ordered from him, they were all 100% PERFECT!
    As I mentioned before, he took more than twice the time he said he would to make the parts, but it really wasn't an unacceptable amount of time to wait at all. I just had a lot riding on the parts and quoted time frame since they were for my job.
    MJ was very professional in his messages and I couldn't have made my Junkions look so good without his work!

I do want to also say that people have every right to leave honest feedback and feelings about their experience with MJ here in his feedback thread.
    I've seen a few people jump to MJs defense when others say they have been waiting too long. What you think of MJ has nothing to do with someone else's experience. There is no reason to try and discredit people who have reason to complain.

6. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my inferno head guard yesterday and it's awesome. Mj was very communicative and helpful! Thanks!

Cant wait for more!

7. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To those that complain MJ doesn't get back to your PM's in a timely manner, please remember that he does not live on TFW2005. The man has a life and I assume a real job so just be patient.

He always replies to my PM's eventually so sit tight and he will get to you too.

8. Blackstreak

Blackstreak Member

I just received my second order of Junkion parts. And I received some axes along w/ my actual pieces. Nice. If you haven't ordered anything yet, you really should. Hopefully I can order the custom pieces for Inferno and Grapple soon before they disappear.

I have to agree w/ this. It may take 6 months to get the pieces you ordered but you won't be disappointed...well, unless you are highly critical and a nitpicker. And there's really nothing to nitpick about. I've always gotten prompt responses from MJ.

9. Ejack37

Ejack37 Robot in Disguise

News Credits:
    Hey Maiden Japan, are there any updates on the SG Junkions kits?

10. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

hmm looks like im not the only one waiting for a while, been since aug for me i believe. i msged him hopefully i get a response soon. think i spent over $200 for it.

a very talented and busy man doing it all by himself, although it would be nice to see orders filled that were placed first.

i do feel a bit disheartened that people are getting the badass looking inferno/grapple kits and ive only got a partial wreck gar kit :( 

11. Aznxmel

Aznxmel Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Primatives did you get any partial orders since you placed your order? i order on July 2011 i had some partial orders still waiting for the rest as well, and ordered around 300 + on wreckgar kits, im just wondering -Mel

12. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

Yeah I did get a partial order, did u?

13. Aznxmel

Aznxmel Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i did last one was last Dec.

14. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Similar situation with me as well

15. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just sit tight guys and girls. He is getting through us slowly but surely. I ordered nearly $300 worth back in July 2011. I got a partial delivery in January 2012 I think (after he released the yellow set) and the rest of my order just arrived today!

I was late for work so didn't get a chance to check everything but from a quick glance all the parts looked great as always plus he gave me some extra parts that I didn't order! :thumbs2: 

I know the wait is long and it may seem unfair that people have started getting inferno/grapple head boxes already but remember, Maiden does things in batches so these people are probably just the lucky ones that got theirs in the same batch as his own test shot lot.

Be patient and you will get yours. The wait is definitely worth it. He is an honest person. As a satisfied customer I can confidently vouch for him on that and will not hesitate to order more once I work out what I still need (and when he releases his SG sets! :bowdown: ).

16. GeoKaiser

GeoKaiser Wardick Zeus

Ebay:
    Any update on the SG Junkions add on sets? I know you are working on new stuff and hopefully filling existing orders. I saw megatoyfan has a sg head E, but I'd ratter get the whole set.

Also, I hope a Overlord addon set is coming based on the bludgeon set.

17. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

PM'd for an order! Thanks!

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting on his next Junkion reveals before putting in another order. I hope they happen quick because I need me that Inferno and Grapple head box ( that was my dream add on I mentioned in every thread and now it is here :)  )

19. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE- if all you know about Maiden Japan is the junkion and inferno upgrades then you owe it to yourself to get an idea of what kind of artist we are supporting, here are some of his works you probally never knew about :) 
    Daisuke Fukuda | CollectionDX

20. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Nice post autobots
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.