Customs: Wreck-Gar custom add-on parts

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by MAIDEN JAPAN, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

I placed an order and paid promptly back on Nov. 18th and still haven't gotten anything towards it...I'm starting to feel like I just had $135 stolen from me. I mean I can understand if he isn't able to complete the order, but offering a refund would've been nice instead of having my money for almost 8 months with no signs of my order arriving anytime soon or at all. :( 

3. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel your pain. I paid in September and I'm still waiting for mine. I did receive half a shipment, but I really don't understand the wait. I see a lot of new stuff coming out, but why not fill the old orders first before working on new ones?

4. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

If he kept filling old orders before anything new, then he'd never have anything new. The guy is stacked with orders. ...

Not to be nitpicky but Nov was 6 months ago and did you guys try contacting him? If you feel its been too long contact him and ask for a refund. or in the last guys case the partial refund for what wasnt recieved

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

MJ is a one man operation doing quality and numbers BY HAND that ranks up there with the best 3rd party stuff being massed produced in full scale factories.

You are buying a limited edition hand-made piece of art from an artist. You are NOT buying a toy from Wal*Mart or even from BBTS, its a very different situation.

MJ is highly reputable, and while the wait times are long (as they must be by the nature of what he's doing), he's never let anyone down, and usually goes above and beyond for people.

I commission a lot of work from a lot of artists in a lot of mediums, and frequently have to wait 2-3 YEARS from the time I hand over my hundreds-of-dollars (sometimes thousands) until work even BEGINS on my project, let alone getting a final piece.

I'm amazed that MJ is turning around the quality that he does and the quantity that he is in as short a time as he's managed. It's nothing short of a miracle, and a real sign of how dedicated and hard working this guy is.

Just sit back, and be patient. If you can't be patient, request a refund, someone else will be more than happy to have your spot in line.

D/L

6. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Commissioning is all different from something that he already has a mold available. I do hope that the issue gets resolved soon as it does not look good on MJ's reputation and folks still waiting for their stuff.

7. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not neccessarily true. He can have new items, but why fill those new orders first over the old orders? Those new orders would just be at the bottom of the queue. I'm not doubting MJ's abilities or his trustworthiness, it's just that when you see these new orders being filled before yours, it just makes you wonder. And I don't mind waiting, I PM'd him and he said when the parts are available, so that's cool with me. It's just people were informed 2-3 months when they ordered, and they paid their cash, and now the wait time is 3x what was mentioned. Now if he said initially that wait time is 10 months to a year, at least people would know, that is all. As soon as my order is filled, I'll be ordering more from him, I'll just be more informed of the actual waiting time.

8. autobotsrollout

Filling a couple new orders for a new product is a marketing ploy I bet and IMHO its acceptable. Get a few people with the new pieces so they can show it off and get word of mouth going so he can get new orders. I can also understand your frustration with it. The head piece for Inferno looks a lot easier to paint too so he can probably knock those out faster than the junkions.

He told me it could take 3-4 months and said its possible it could take longer. And he has a wonderful track record, so if it takes a year, so be it. I know his work is worth it. But I also understand frustration , I'm frustrated with Igear and PE over not ironhide and not arcee being pushed back several times but hey, im sure they are frustrated with it having to get pushed back so I understand crap doesnt always turn out as expected.

There is another option, I'm sure he could get you your pieces a lot quicker if you asked for unpainted... then its just mold and go.

9. optimus12380

I'm assuming math isn't your strongest subject, Nov is more than 6 months ago, closer to 8 months since we'll be in June in a few more days. Bottom line is, when I first placed my order I knew it to be a 4-6 month wait...which was no problem but almost 8 months is a MAJOR problem for me. I don't think it's much to ask that if he can't fill my order to be a stand up honest person and offer a refund of some sort. Maybe some of you don't have anything better to do with $135, but I do.

10. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you contacted him about it other than just complaining in the forum here? Im sure he doesnt have time to go through a list of everyone whos been waiting and send out emails to them all if they want a refund. As many others have said he is one of the most stand up guys on TFW. I only ordered a few peices and yeah it took awhile to get here but I knew that going in. No offense but if that $135 you spent on some toy upgrades is hurting you that bad, then perhaps you shouldnt have spent in in the first place. I wish MJ would comment on his procedure because my theory is that he produces these in sets. Like works on 1 color/combo head, then moves to the next. It would speed up the process over switching paint again and again. This could be why some orders are done first even though they've been waiting less time. Obviously its just speculation but it would make sense if thats the case why big orders take so much longer.

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Let's give MJ the benefit of the doubt, but let's not also discount the person's issue, which is, not getting anything for the money he/she spent on a product that MJ is supposed to produce.

12. autobotsrollout

Closer to 8 months? Think again... Nov 18th.... Dec 18th =1 , Jan 18th =2 , Feb 18th = 3, March 18 = 4 , April 18th = 5, May 18th =6.... So before you make fun of my math, a calender should be obtained? Thats been 6 months and 11 days... which is a full 50 days from being 8 months.

If you had said, you pm'd him a month ago and hadnt heard back, maybe I wouldnt defend MJ but it doesnt sound like you've pm'd him or even asked for a refund. Other than a wait, no one has had trouble with MJ, and thats for good reason.

13. optimus12380

The problem I have with it all is when I first placed the order I was told 4-6 months...no biggie, but if it's 8-12 months it would have been nice to have known before hand. But how many of us would have gone through with placing an order if we knew it'd be in the 8-12 month time frame? No doubt he'd have lost some sells, I know I wouldn't have placed an order.

As for questions regarding whether or not I've messaged him, gee...I would like to think at 32 I have some sense enough to do so but he's not a person to easily get in touch with or responds to messages in a timely manner as others have pointed out throughout this thread. As for spending $135 on something like this in the first place, yeah I regret it and looking back it was a momentary lapse of reason on my part...color me insane now that I don't even want these upgrade kits anymore.

14. autobotsrollout

well MJ reads this thread and comments every so often, and if he hadnt seen your pm, he'll see this and if you ask for a refund, he'll give you one.

So really, I think this outburst is a temporary lapse in reasoning. Stop and think for a second and calm down. The only reason you are angry is because you are afraid you got cheated out of 135$ right? If he told you it could be a year, why wouldnt you still of ordered? You were fine without 135 for 4 months but not 8 to a year? Several people have waited this long before and still got the goods eventually.

15. optimus12380

Wait, what? How is what I've posted an outburst or angry in any way?

See I realize life is ever changing and I realize that if you don't embrace the change it will steam roll you. When I placed my order over 6 months ago I collected Classics figures and didn't expect that to change, but sometimes things happen that we have no control over...so now I don't and I've been sellingmy entire toy collection to start a new chapter in my life. So I either want the stuff I ordered so I can sell it and recoup my money or a refund and my spot in line given to someone who would appreciate it more than I would. I just want to tie up loose ends before moving on, not really sure how that's so much to ask for?

16. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

It seems some folks are a little bent out of shape over the wait for add ons as I am hearing a little bit of "Give me my freaking robot parts". lol

Sorry just a little joke, I just couldn't resist. Based on what I'm hearing most folks are in the same situation as I am with regards to wait time. While I would always like to have them faster I'm not stressing. It sucks to wait but I've waited for my last order and I will wait for my next order as I will order again. My guess is that you will be able to get a refund which is good for me as that just means one less order inline. As far as recouping the $ I don't even know what your order consists of but I would happily buy them off of you without a second thought.

17. optimus12380

Well cool, if I don't get a refund and do eventually get my order we have a deal...it's 3 sets (head, chest, accessory pack) and 1 wheel shield. Heck, if you need 'em I have put aside 2 RtS Wreck-Gars and 1 Generations Junkheap still sealed, would sell them for what I paid for them as well which was $10 each. I've just lost interest in Transformers due to changes in my life recently and have moved on.

18. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Yea I can alway use more wreck gar molds. The whole thing sounds like a deal to me. Just let me know how this thing works out. Wow problem solved

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Guys, please remember this is not a discussion thread except for feedback for orders placed and completed. If you have questions/etc. about an order, sure, but otherwise keep posts devoted to that, thanks.

20. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Just a quick question of priorities:

If he is bringing out more things, like the inferno add on and such, it really isn't too much to ask for that to occur AFTER months old sales are put through? If someone has time to make other prototypes and other things to sell, then he has time to complete transactions.

Just food for thought. This is a reason why I HAVEN'T bought from MJ, until I see that the wait time isn't ridiculous, great quality or not. I'm currently looking for alternatives on shapeways etc to fill in these wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.