Would You Watch a Beast Wars Live Action Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Anti-Venom, Jan 27, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well the Jungle Book was considered a live action movie despite there being only ONE live actor in the movie while everything else is CGI. Wall-E actually also did have some live action elements to it. They used actual footage from the movie version of Dolly, not just the music from Dolly but also live action video when Wall-E was watching the movie. The recording the ship's captain was watching which basically dumped most of the movie's plot and exposition on us was also done with a live actor.

Oddly enough despite there technically being more live action in Wall-E than in Jungle Book, Wall-E is still considered a cartoon while Jungle Book is considered a live action. I think the definitions of live action and cartoon have changed recently with the advancement of CGI, if it's intended to look realistic which Jungle Book is, despite having no live animals, everything does look super realistic. Wall-E on the other hand is animated in a cartoonish art style so even though it includes some live action footage it's still considered an animated movie because it looks like a cartoon.

No one said they were needed for that reason. What was actually said is that the movie had to include humans because it can't really be called live action if the entire movie is animated. If there were no human characters, then the entire film would likely be animated. Though as I explained above, we can apparently call a film live action now days as long as it's animated to look realistic. Disney is working on a Live Action of the Lion King, a movie which also never had any human characters and would be entirely CGI making it an animated film. The thing is though if we redefine Live Action to mean realistic then as long as the animals in the Lion King are designed to look like real animals instead of making them look like cartoon characters, then it can qualify as live action despite it being animated.

Anyway... to answer the original question... Not if it's directed by Micheal Bay. He should never touch Beast Wars, EVER! If it's handled by people who actually like Transformers then yes I would love to see a Beast Wars movie. Though despite everything I just said, I think they would have to set the movie in the present day rather than on Prehistoric Earth. Reason being even though the definition of what qualifies as live action appears to be changing in that direction I don't personally agree with that change. So I think that there does have to be some actual live action in the movie to actually call it live action. Not just realistic animation but actual live footage. That's OK though because I'm not really interested in an exact recreation of Beast Wars, but a live action movie adaptation so if they change the setting, as long as the characters are portrayed the same way and not changed beyond all recognition I'm fine with it. That's pretty much why I hate the Bay films is because the characters were changed beyond all recognition.

Starscream has been changed multiple times now but in all of his updates some things have stayed the same so you know it's suppose to be Starscream. In the movie nothing about that character is anything close to what Starscream is suppose to be. It's like he was an entirely different character all together with his name slapped on for no reason rather than a true reimagining of the character. And I'm sick of the Transformers movies doing this shit.

When I see Movie Cheetor I want to be able to instantly recognize that's Cheetor, I don't want to see some jacked up robot that doesn't even look like it can transform into anything and acts nothing at all like Cheetor. If I can't tell he transforms into a cheetah, and he doesn't act like the character then don't try to convince me that the piece of shit is suppose to be Cheetor.

Also I think it would be kinda interesting seeing them interact with human characters since it's something we really haven't seen before... at least not with those characters. We've seen humans interacting with robotic looking beast formers and vehicle transformers but there's never been an interaction between a human character and an organic looking beastformer. I think it'd be funny to see the reaction on a hunter's face when his prey turns into a robot and starts shooting back.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Every time I read someone say something is "boring" in a post, I immediately hear it in Moriarty's flippantly sarcastic high pitched sung tone. I also inevitably view the poster has having the same sort of personality/attitude.

Soul-crushingly boring seems excessive. It's like comparing it to golf or a tennis match.

3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I think tennis is more exciting than golf

4. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    I think watching paint dry and waiting for it to crack and peel is more exciting than golf.

5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I grew up with the sport so I’m probably biased

6. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would like any movie related to Tramsformers

• Like Like x 1
  7. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

Which is funny since I could watch golf for hours and tennis is alright for the pace, yet I still can't manage 9 innings of baseball. Something about the subtly changing natural setting makes golf infinitely more watchable for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Truth be told I only watch two professional sports:

Swimming, because that is what I did throughout my high school "career", and I still care about the sport.

Women's beach volleyball, because I'm a straight man with a pulse and my wife thinks I care about the sport.

• Like Like x 1