Would you want(more) TF Army Builders?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by The Mad Demobot, Nov 7, 2019.

?

Would you want (more) TF Army Builders?

1. Yes, I need to show off what it means to pay the price for WAR!!

96.2%
  2. No, bad enough having many different Prime's and Megatron's...

3.8%
  1. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My limit is 3 of the same figure. That is as far as my budget can go. 3 Sharkticons, 3 car Vehicons, 3 jet Vehicons and 3 extra Siege Prowls. I got 3 of the Toyhax Autotrooper sheets for Prowl. The only reason I was able to get 5 Generations Scourges was I got them at $5 a figure.
    And I want more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    im down for army builders. schools of sharkticons. fleets of seekers and sweeps, squads of autotroopers, hordes of Junkions, and most importanly, a massive crushing onslaught of Beast Machines Vehicons.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Yes, it would be cool.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I forgot to list Combiner Wars Viper. He was used as the basis for drone type troopers in the Legends comic and at a 2015 convention, Hasbro suggested the toy was an army builder.

5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I’d love Siege-mold Air Warriors and a Welcoming Committee box set.

6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

A good opportunity for army building would be for Hasbro to redo the mini spies. All 4 molds in 3 different colors as Autobots and also as Decepticons.

7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I've honestly never cared for army builder characters in Transformers. They've just never really made sense to me, logistically. Why do most of the Transformers have distinct designs, but some whole subgroups look identical? It's especially weird when it's something like the Vehicons, who appear to have distinct identities and personalities. They don't seem to be drones. Are they just Transformers who didn't bother to modify themselves from their default design? Well, even that wouldn't make sense, because they obviously scanned Earth vehicles...

I'm fine with reusing designs here or there (like Long Haul's movie design being reused for Onslaught), but whole armies looking the same kind of bugs me. Maybe I'd be fine with it if they made some attempt to explain why they exist that way.

8. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Wasn't thinking about him either. I would like a couple extra Vipers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

He's a relatively new character to the franchise with no mainstream exposure so he's easy to forget.

I'd love to see him retooled from Voyager Powerglide.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The only Vehicon I managed to get locally is the PRID version. That's the only one that was ever available in my area. I got the FE version online shipped in from Canada and the Jet version obviously being a Takara exclusive originally came from Japan though I bought it loose from another member on the boards here...

Is it weird that I own a toy that has technically been to more places in the world than I have? I've never been outside of the country and the furthest I've gone is California to Idaho and back... That Jet Vehicon went from Japan to either Florida or New York... can't really remember now one of those states, before finally ending up at my house in California.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I liked IDW 2005 having several answers to that;

1. Megatron had rewired attack drones from some occupied factory to guard special areas in his operations. Those will be your Brunts.

2. The Seekers were average people fallen into Decepticon propaganda and because Starscream was so good at hustling BEFORE the Decepticons were a thing as to convince some scholars to look like him to dodge authorities. That's some Joker logic.

• Like Like x 2