Would you want(more) TF Army Builders?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by The Mad Demobot, Nov 7, 2019.

?

Would you want (more) TF Army Builders?

1. Yes, I need to show off what it means to pay the price for WAR!!

96.2%
  2. No, bad enough having many different Prime's and Megatron's...

3.8%
  1. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

It's not exactly a new thing, but it seems to me that for a dollar by unit franchise with warring factions you'd think Hasbro would have considered more generic black slate characters to fill in for the countless robot minions sent to be scrapped by the hundreds to sell. Star Wars has Stormtroopers and Rebel Scum, Star Trek has Red Shirts, and Transformers has...Seekers?

I mean Seekers really do fill that role to a T, but day by day we have a ton of Screamer clones with their own names and quirks that you wonder if they'll ever get a part in the story or something other than filler.

So I say this, apart from current characters and toys, would you want a plain army building character? If so, what would they be, from the Seekers to the Vehicons, or a mixture of some kind? Would you only lock them out for Decepticons only or give some to the Autobots? Me I used to like the Vehicons from Prime, but I was too late to get even one and I got attached to the Seeker body type and imagined Megatron subjugating the populace into these standard molds by the hundreds to fight for him. But I totally get for those who don't; how many for each side would be fair, and how much is too much shelf space?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

All I know is that I want Combiner Wars compatible Sweeps so I can get four and use them as limbs for Galvatronus.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    In fiction?
    I think armybuilders suck because when they get killed they are just faceless nobody's nobody cares about.
    I think a franchise about war should have the guts to kill of characters with a backstory and yes, popular characters.

In toys?
    I want Quintessons and Allicons. Please, Hasbro. Make the dream come true.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No cause i dont army build

5. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm still waiting for these guys.
    Screenshot_2019-10-22-15-08-46.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

I love army building. I'd give anything for a rerelease or an updated (but still good looking) vehicon mold. I love thinking about the transformers military structure, especially in terms of generics and it'd be nice to get some Vehicons and Autotroopers en mass . Cause I love the generic seekers, but if even the generic seekers were commanding officers to a legion of Vehicons... it'd just be nice

• Like Like x 6
  7. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    I like army building for some toy lines, particularly to expand my Cobra ranks. Don't really like the idea of generic troops for Transformers though. I did get a half dozen TR Gnaws, but I wouldn't want a bunch of identical Bots or Cons. The seekers at least have different colors to show some individuality.

8. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I'm shocked studio series hasn't done a thing for a protoform soldier mold. Just put a blackout head on a protoform Prime and you're done.
    I like the idea that while Seekers make the backbone of the Decepticons, they each have an assortment of vehicon drones at their command. And hey, you can put together drones a lot better than broken Seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

If Hasbro released a Hotlink repaint of Siege Starscream, I'd army build it as the clone trooper army from Dreamwave.

We've gotten quite a few army builders in recent years...

Titans Return Scourge
    TR Gnaw
    CW Wreck-gar. He's got at least one twin from the 86 movie.
    CW Bombshell
    TR Skrapnel
    TR Kickback
    POTP Cindersaur. The Firecons were an army of drones in the Japanese G1 cartoons.
    Siege Reflector
    Though he's purple instead of silver, Brunt could be army built as the Guardian Units from Stormbringer.
    The upcoming Seacon limbs.
    Lifeline who's based on the Paradron medic though probably too expensive to really army build.

Siege has given us Cog, Six Gun and Brunt. If they give us Fasttrack, that would be another army builder.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

I want welcoming committee as tetra jets in a box

And box set of sweeps

That'd be an expensive trip to the toy store but i wouldn't regret it

• Like Like x 3
  11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing some extra parts heavy Army builders; like extra heads, or weapons and the like, perhaps along with some stickers, so that you could get a few, but they wouldn't be exactly identical. Different heads with different weapons, some stickers to differentiate, so the "same" toy could be displayed with none the exact same. Then if you did want the same troop (like stormtroopers or vehicons), you can, and have extra weapons for your other figures to use, or even to have different divisions in your army.

• Like Like x 1
  12. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brunt? As a weaponizer, he's even better as multiple hits and damage and they can grab parts from the fallen ones, or combine for extra firepower.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy There's no power, greater than X.

The generations Seekers work perfectly!

14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I'm mixed on the whole "generic troops" idea. If they were meant to be drones and it makes sense story wise, I don't mind. But if they are used in animation just as stand ins instead of a good cast of characters, then not so much even though I can understand why they do it from a cost stand point. I loved the Prime Vehicons because they had a purpose, they were troops and they saw plenty of action. However, when I see random recolor character models just to stand in the background, like Cyberverse has done, then it bugs me a little.

Toy wise, I don't really do troop building from an economical stand point. I'd rather use the money for troop building to go toward other newer figures. Closest I came to troop building was buying 3 Siege Reflectors so I can recreate the camera mode. That being said though, I would like to see some troop builder type characters get made so I can have at least one representation of each in my collection. The only exception I would make to troop building is if it was a different mold (ex. Generations red card Scourge and using a TR Scourge for a Sweep).

15. WDTProductions

WDTProductions Lost Light Crew Member

I currently have one Brunt and am hoping to get a second to create "bodyguards" for my Full Tilt. I'm still hoping for G1-ised version of Prime Vehicons, but I love the idea of Brunt being heavy units.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Galvatross

Galvatross Nemesis of the Dreklords Veteran

I want there to be generic femmebots for Jaegertron to beat up.

I also want there to be Deshrekticon versions of the Sweeps. They can all look like Kyle from Shrek 2, who can be Scourge, and Farquaadus can be the equivalent of Cyclonus.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know i have quite a few Vehicons from Prime.

18. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think every franchise needs Army builders. At least a set in every line. Like 1 set in Prime Wars Trilogy, Generations, Studio Series, Animated ect....
    And we have gotten Autotroopers, Sharktacons, Scrapletts, Sweeps, Vehicons and Seekers in one form to another. But keep making better as the franchise grows.
    Some examples of Army Building in other franchises:
    TF - Seekers Scrapletts, Sweeps, Autotroopers and Vehicons.
    Marvel Comics - Dar Elves, Frost Giants, Aim soldier and Hydra soldier.
    GI Joe - Generic soldiers, Cobra Troopers and Crimson Guard.
    Star Wars - Stormtroopers, Droids, Jawas and Clone Troopers.
    Terminator - T-800.
    Halo - Spartans, Covenant Elites, Brutes and Grunts.
    COD - Random soldiers.
    Dr. Who - Darleks and Cybermen.
    TMNT - Mousers and Foot soldiers.
    DC - Parademons,
    Power Rangers - Putty patrol and Tangu Warriors.
    He-Man - Horde Troopers.
    Gundam - Leo, Dom, Zaku, Serpent, GM and Death Army.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That's not really a simple yes or no question.

In the sense of having to buy multiples of the exact same figure... NO! I don't mind owning one Sharkticon but I'm not going to buy hoards of them.

If I am going to army build I prefer something like the G1 Junkions or the Prime Vehicons because there are different variations of them they aren't all just exact copies of each other.

I currently have 4 customized Junkions with different color schemes and head designs.

I also have three different Vehicons, FE, RID, and Jet. I really wish they would of made more because there were more variations in the cartoons and video games. I also like how they're similar in robot mode but have different vehicle kibble.

Unless Hasbro releases a multipack of army builders like they did that one time with Scourge and his Sweeps then I'm never going out to buy multiple individual Scourges.

20. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only version of the Vehicons that I ever managed to get as they were really rare in stores in my area, where the tiny ones that showed up in dollar stores, which I hunted down and managed to get several.

But while too small for the deluxe scale, they are great for my alternative "starships" scale as light attack cruisers.

And I kinda shot myself with the Brunt idea as I now want to go get a few more. (must resist)

• Like Like x 1