would you want a transformers ps2(armada) remake

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by DarkRed401, Feb 16, 2019.

?

do you want a tf ps2 remake

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i always thought it was amazing that transformers had a game with such large levels from 2004, it would be amazing if they could remake it and maybe even add a multiplayer mode of sorts.

2. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would love a remaster. But if possible, expand it’s release to other platforms like Xbox or PC.

A 3 player CO-OP campaign (similar to WFC’s) can be would so much fun. Just going around collecting Mini-Cons and kicking Decepticon tailpipe with friends is my idea of a good time! :) 

• Like Like x 4
  3. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the Japanese exclusive PS2 Call of the future one done !

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d love it. The PS2 game is one of my favorites. Couple things I’d want in a remake:

1. Each save point/teleport pad would also serve as an area to change your minicon loadout. Instead of having to go back to HQ, change your Minicons there, and then teleport back, and wait on load times, just allow players to swap them at any save point & get back to the action without having to leave the stage.

That or come up with an even better way to swap out your Minicons.

2. Make better use of the Powerlinx feature. Since powerlinking drains your own lifebar, I often would never use it unless I was desperate or already near death (it stops taking your life when you have only 1/3 of one bar left IIRC). And because of that, I would forget that I could powerlink at all & never use the feature. The enhanced speed, firepower & payoff never seemed like it was a big enough deal to bother with the risk.

3. An Autobot HQ that you can explore! Fill it with the other Armada Bots, roaming around, working on stuff, have some cool stuff we can check out & do in there! Make it more than just a hub.

4. More Decepticons!
    Decepticlones are great, but I know the original dev team wanted to include some more Decepticons in there like Demolishor. A remake would be perfect for sprinkling some more of them in. They don’t all necessarily have to be boss fights. Some could be strewn throughout the stages. But however they do it, let’s see more of the Armada cons.

5. More stages!
    Though I think the PS2 game has a great length, I’d still want to see some more varied locales. It’s common knowledge that the Amazon & Arctic levels were broken up & dubbed Deep Amazon & Alaska for the later stages. Even the crashed spaceship is technically reusing the same level, though the way they did that really does make it feel new & different.
    Let’s get a few more new stages in there with new locales, and spruce up the ones we do have. There needs to be AT LEAST one level with roads in it.
    How about some more variety in mission types too? Do a level, where you have to chase down Sideways or Wheeljack or someone, who’s already stolen a Minicon at the start. Make it a Baja style race level in the desert!

6. Unicron’s robot mode.
    I spent forever trying to unlock his robot mode. I knew there had to be some way to do it. But no. I was disappointed that we only ever got to see his planet mode in the game. Have him transform in epic fashion & let us really fight the chaos bringer!

And that’s all I got for now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    I'd love to see it remade and expanded. Tidal Wave alone was iconic, and I never say that about anything in this franchise.

6. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Just an HD remaster would suffice, especially considering it hasn't left outside the PS2

• Like Like x 1
  7. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That would be pretty nice, especially considering that Armada turns 20 in about three years.

8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy As cool as the earth is blue!

All up to Hasbro, but there isn't much of a fan demand.
    People for some reason want to see a remake of the 07' game. Why do people wanna see remakes of bad games?

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Reskin everyone to have G1 character designs.

10. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Absolutely not.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I would love an Armada remaster. I am a child of the Unicron trilogy, albeit that I actually started out with Energon (don't look at me that way, it's the one they had on CITV at the time) and I love Armada. I mean until High Moon came along, In my view at least, Armada was the best Transformers game (didn't help that I got the 07 game on the Wiii, I.E using the motion sensor porter for the camera in robot mode (leading me to stick to alt mode when possible) and needing to shake the remote for melee (which was most fighting, my poor wrists)) But I mean, as one walkthrougher pointed out, for a 2004 PS2 game, visually it still holds up decently. It may not hold a candle to more recent games but it still looks good, I mean Alaska is beautiful in the game.

12. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    No. I’ve already sat through enough G1 Primes over the past few years. Let me have MY Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I've never played the Armada game (didn't even know it existed until several years after its release), but the show was not only my very first Transformers experience, but also one of my earliest anime experiences (alongside Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, and Yu-Gi-Oh!). So maybe it's just the nostalgia talking, but I would love to see a remake of the Armada game for PS4, preferably with a larger cast and more emphasis on story and character development (from what I've seen in gameplay videos, the PS2 version was severely lacking in those areas). Bring back the voice cast of the show, too. It kind of sucks that Garry Chalk and David Kaye were the only ones to reprise their roles, with everyone else being recast. I also agree with everything Mako Crab said regarding other possible improvements, especially the Powerlink ability and Unicron's transformation. Lastly, PLEASE give us either Prime's Super Mode or Jet Optimus (preferably the latter, I think that one was much cooler)!
    Seconded. I wouldn't say I'm fed up with Hasbro and TakaraTomy milking G1 so much lately (not yet, anyway), but it wouldn't kill them to do something different every now and then. If we ever do get an Armada game remake/remaster, leave the '80s out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, because looking at the games industry today it would be a 70 dollar game, and they would sell you the Mini-Cons in the form of overly expensive micro transactions, also Optimus Prime would be locked behind a DLC pack.

15. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No because the ps2 version is fine, I'd rather a new game with the same gameplay. They were going to make a Energon game, I'd rather see that.

16. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    I thought it was Cybertron?

17. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, I just checked and you're right, well that'd be even better since Energon sucked.