Would you support an expansion for potp?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Terradives, Aug 2, 2018.

?

Would you support an expansion of potp?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

So....potp appears to have been cut short at least from what hasbro originally planned. Starscream lacks two limbs, elite one lacks one, and inferno lacks two or three depending if you count wreck-gar. I count 6 short. Would you buy an internet vendor only case of 8 different repaints to round out the teams? Repaints only no new heads. Maybe they’re existing characters. Maybe they are new. The molds could be from potp or cw.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd support, but I most likely wouldn't buy anything. The distribution has unfortunately killed all my excitement. Never saw wave 3, so I'm heavily considering just giving up on Abominus.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Time to move on

• Like Like x 6
  4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I don't think it was cut down. I think Power of the Primes was just a filler line. It was a chance to do some figures they wanted to do in combiner wars but couldn't because they had to get to Titans Return. Mostly the Dinobots and the Terrorcons. The others were just bits and pieces they had thought about doing but decided "Okay, toss a few in there just to give us a wave to tide us over till WFC"

• Like Like x 1
  5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'd be down for the missing combiners, like the Seacons, but I personally feel like Siege is looking like a great fresh take on the brand from Hasbro. So, I wouldn't personally want it, but would be happy if it got made so others could finish their combiners. I suspect Hasbro will do something down the line, much like they recently did with Blast-Off. Right now I'm more excited for Siege than I have been for anything from Has/Tak since the Unicron Trilogy. That's not a knock against what I've gotten from the Prime Wars stuff, I'm just way more stoked to see them heading in what feels like a more modern direction, what with the improvements to articulation, lack of hollow legs and arms, as well as the improved decos.

• Like Like x 8
  6. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would be okay with it if they continued releasing a few via Amazon.

I feel like the big missing things are:

Sideswipe as a combiner limb.
    Ratchet. (U.S. release anyway.)
    Autobot Targetmasters. (I suspect we'll see these.)
    Waverider Prime Armor Decoy.
    Doubledealer.
    Seacons.
    Missing Dinobots, largely Strafe.
    Maybe a combiner limb Windcharger so Optimus' impersonation of Menasor from the G1 cartoon epidode Masquerade can be done along with Sideswipe.
    Ricochet/Stepper.

I could see Strafe as a Sinnertwin redeco with Waverider as an Amazon thing. An extra dinobot just seems like money on the table.

I suspect the rest are coming soon as non-combiners aside from Doubledealer and the Seacons.

• Like Like x 8
  7. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    I voted Yes. But I want to know: "Why? Who is asking?" :) 

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    It could have used a repaint or two of Jazz, further remolds of the beast Combiners as the Seacons, Moonracer/Novastar given a proper Chromia retool, Thunderwing/Black Shadow and Star Saber as leaders.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless it's a Seacon toys, no. I couldn't care less about the random forced combiner team OCs.

• Like Like x 8
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure...would depend on what they teased, though...

• Like Like x 1
  11. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    I'll keep buying whatever CW-compatible combiners Hasbro puts out. Screw it man, gimme an RID Side Burn limb on an Animated Lugnut torso, I don't care.

• Like Like x 7
  12. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm down for more characters made as CW/PotP limb bots. Hell, I would even buy them as KOs. Why has no KO company made obvious recolors or straight KOs of Team Grand Galvatron, UW Ratchet, UW Technobots, Megatronia, etc??

Anyway, if there is a transformer figures genie that wants to grant my wishes for an extention to POTP I'll gladly take:

Runamuck and Runabout to finish Megascream
    Greenlight and Lancer to finish Elita Infinite
    Any Autobot cars to finish the Inferno combiner, preferably Ratchet, Bluestreak, Sideswipe and/or Hoist.

Bonus!: Alpha Bravo Mold repainted as ROTORSTORM!!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very much so would i support it. I have loved this trilogy and i think POTPs got shafted on the figure side with the amount of waves that came out. I mean we got a great cartoon of 10min wait till next week to find out mode. Well POTPs and the other 2 should have been a 30 min cartoon if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Not really. Seeing Siege makes me really wanna move on. I mean, look at those figures. GORGEOUS AS ALL HELL.

• Like Like x 2
  15. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    CW was short as well with BCOP and Scattershot. It's nothing new, we just expected more this time for some reason.

16. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Yes. I'd want Pirhanacon and Monstructor out of it. Make them Target exclusives, since Amazon already got a whole bunch.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prowlar

Prowlar Well-Known Member

Yes; even with straight repaints there are still so many options available Prowl/Silverstreak and (Prime) Barricade, Mirage/Fracture, Dustup/Nightbird, Jazz/Stepper, And lest I forget Ghost Starscream/multiple possible Seekers. Also since I'm only in it for the Scramble City type combiner parts Siege has no interest for me so other than if there is a new combiner limb I'm out again after PotP.

• Like Like x 1
  18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Probably not, the line was so random and (although I did well on stumbling across them) poorly distributed. Even the waves were a bit goofy separating the Dinos and the terrorcons between waves. Just seemed like a line of randomness, and although I only skipped Starscream (still may get it) Black Rodi (just haven't bothered hunting it) and the unreleased beast Primal (don't care at all about beast wars), I don't really need shoehorned combiners and random repaints. If we got the Seacons, Dinoking, and Monstructor, sure. Random bot repaints, na.

But I would eat up any pretender or legend that they haven't given us yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'm down. more the merrier.
    me personally, i'd like to see Amazon do ten more exclusives. even mix of Headmasters and combiner limbs packed in with more translucent Prime Masters ala the current trio.

my proposal is thus:
    To complete King Starscream
    Skywarp (uw Starscream redeco) with Liege Maximo
    Thundercracker (uw Starscream redeco) with Quintus Prime

intended for Inferno
    Heatrock (uw Nosecone redeco) with Micronus Prime
    Skyfeather (uw Strafe redeco) with Alpha Trion

to finish Elita Infin1te
    Greenlight (potp Dreadwind retool) with Nexus Prime
    Lancer (potp Blackwing retool) with Amalgamous Prime

Fangry (tr Grotusque retool) with Onyx Prime
    Squeezeplay (tr Repugnus retool) with Alchemist prime
    Horri-Bull (tr Wolfwire retool) with Vector Prime
    Nightbeat (tr Hot Rod retool) with Thirteeth Prime

• Like Like x 5
  20. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

Can a line be cut short if it isn’t really a line to begin with? Because when I consider the big picture, I don’t think of PotP as a discreet line.

We had CW, which featured G1 updates with a line-wide gimmick: combining. Then we had TR, which featured more G1 updates with another line-wide gimmick: headmasters, including a discreet new sub-Legends class called Titan Masters.

What is PotP? Simply put, it’s a line of G1 updates (like CW and TR) featuring combiners (CW) and a discreet sub-Legends class called Prime Masters (a la TR).

After 2 successful lines of original material, PotP was released as a way to circle back and empty the cupboard, to squeeze out every last drop from the CW and TR concepts. There’s nothing new, conceptually. As such, an expansion for PotP doesn’t really make sense, because PotP is itself an expansion of CW and TR.

Think of PotP as an album of B-sides, covers, and live tracks. A collection of leftovers and spinoffs from the previous 2 lines. It’s basically Rattle and Hum. You get The Unforgettable Fire (CW), then The Joshua Tree (TR), then Rattle and Hum (PotP). And with that, you’ve gotten all you can get out of material that proved popular with the public. What happens next is the release of new material that goes in another direction.

So I guess that means War for Cybertron is Achtung Baby?

ETA- I considered using Coda as the analogy for PotP, but that would have meant TR would be In Through the Out Door, and that’s just not right.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 4