Would you like "You got the the touch.." music in TF5?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 2, 2016.

?

Would you like "You got the touch" song in T5?

1. Yes!

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. No!

26 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Who gives a rats ass

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It seems TF5 will be the biggest Transformers movie to date.We know Michael Bays TF films haven't been the most popular amongst old fans. And given that they're trying everything in their power to make this a good film for everyone, would you like to hear Stan Bush play the song "You got the touch" during an Optimus scene?

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No! Wasn't goodbye in the cartoon movie and would not be good in the movies.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Only as an Easter egg used as a joke.

• Like Like x 3
  4. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...not really, no.

5. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Using one song isn't going to help people like the movie, it'll be pointless to be there

6. meinefliege4711

meinefliege4711 myfly4711

News Credits:
    If Cade is singing it: Yes, please! xD
    Otherwise: No, not really...

• Like Like x 4
  7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Only if Mark Wahlberg is singing it and it's an Easter egg.

It's a cool song, but it's become too popular to be used again in a TF film to mark a point of awesomeness.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

No

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

No. It would feel like too little too late.

Also where is the idea of they are going to be nice to old fans coming from? They had four films to be nice and they didn't take advantage of it. Not expecting them to be nice now. Just not seeing or hearing anything to make me think that the production team is going to say sorry for leaving you G1 geezers out in the cold we will play nice from now on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It would feel really out of place to just throw a super 80s song over one of these films' action scene. It also feels a bit late to even put it in as an Easter Egg, but if they did, I guess I wouldn't complain.

I think the OP meant more along the lines of pleasing TF fans in general, not the "everything must be G1" crowd. However, unless they're focusing solely on the G1 crowd, they probably won't put the song in the film, and as I don't think they are focusing on them, they almost certainly won't put it in.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way I would think it could and should be use is if it was used much like the original TFs theme song was used in DOTM when it's tone was used on the printer at Sams work. Maybe if it was used as someone ringtone on their cell phone or something thannid say yes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    Marky mark hiding out in a Karaoke box for example! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    In a movie made in 2016? lol no.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It's just speculation on my part, seeing how paramount hired writers to work on more movies. Also the addition to Hot Rod (fan favorite) and the possibility of WreckGar too.

I also feel that if this is Bays last film, TF5 may attempt to make up for mishaps from the past.

15. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Not the song itself, but I could see them using a line or two in some dialog focused around a Cybetronian weapon or artifact. It would be cheesy as hell, but it would be doable.

16. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    If we're talking TFTM soundtrack, I really would like to hear them invoke the riff from the main Lion TF theme song, plus DiColas decepticon theme from the attack on autobot city score!

That would be amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ash from Carolina

I'm thinking the writers room is for more of a general audience sort of thing. Just feels like Paramount isn't tapping the sort of domestic box office they should be getting from these movies. They need some sort of hook that puts them up there as a contender for the top box office of the year in what feels like a crowded field for big budget movies.

I'm not sure that we can say well they added Hot Rod so that must say something. They added Shockwave to the series but it's hard for fans to happy about what they did with the character.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DeletedUser_106023

DeletedUser_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that's true Ash. It was Hasbro's decision to put effort into the films with new quality films and a TFCU. Hasbro is obtaining more creative control. If the films do better quality wise, more people buy TF toys. I am sure Paramount is counting on the films to remain cash cows, but I don't think that's reason behind the writer's room.

I only recall Paramount finding hardship with specifically this summer's past movies, and the writer's room started before this summer. Plus, they probably couldn't care less about the TF films' domestic BO numbers, because they hve China to keep the movies bringing in money.

19. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Maybe as an Easter Egg, it could be handled much like how it was in the episode in Prime where it was only instrumental and playing on the radio for a few seconds. A blink or you'll miss it moment if you will.

20. Ash from Carolina

It's hard to say if that Chinese box office is iron clad. In the US who would have imagined that Age of Extinction would only bring in $245 million after Revenge of the Fallen brought in $402 million? The box office can turn so it's impossible for us to know if Transformers 5 will do as good, worse, or better than Age of Extinction did, much less the Transformers movies down the line.

I'm also not sure if China is going to remain the same sort of market for the US films that it has been. At first it was easy for the Hollywood films to stomp all over the home grown Chinese movies. But the Chinese film industry has seen there is big money to be made off of movies and now they working to be a top film producing nation to get a part of that pie. This year The Mermaid made $526 million in China so it's looking like Hollywood can no longer assume they will be the biggest films in China. With Chinese film companies able to tailor their films to meet the taste of the Chinese audiences and the budgets to compete with Hollywood the game is only going to get tougher for the Hollywood films in China.

• Like Like x 1