Would you like to see elements of Transformers Prime into the next series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Would like to see elements of TFP into any future TF series?

1. Yes.

66 vote(s)
    49.6%
  2. No.

34 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Maybe.

33 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Really depends on what direction Hasbro would want to take the new series in. Most especially whether or not it would be a part of the aligned continuity. I imagine the next show that isn't a re-branded continuation of Prime (which is what I'm assuming they have planned once Beast Hunters is over) won't be, so I guess there's bound to be some elements I'd like to see used further on past Prime is over...

-characters dying and, this is the kicker, STAYING DEAD.
    -Soundwave being the silent and loyal follower of Megatron. Maybe have him speak every once in a while, and relay audio he's come accross, but for the most part stay silent.
    -Knock Out, the Decepticon medic. If I'm not mistaken, he's the first medic the Cons have had to get this much attention. I'd love to see what they could do with another take on him in another show/setting. Keep certain elements, but don't be afraid to shake things up a little bit. Maybe make him more sadistic?

Not much, especially considering that I really like TFP.

2. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm of the opinion that having Optimus and Megatron in the series would provide a touchstone for previous fans, something familiar to recognize in the face of the new stuff. Optimus and Megatron would be a foil, contrasting all of the neat new stuff with their familiar presence, and by that contrast, making the new stuff stand out more.

Now, the kid appeal character, like Bumblebee? That's a character that needs a new face every series, representing each generation and many different ways to grow. It would further contrast them with Optimus and Megatron.

Besides, to me, Optimus and Megatron, their philosophies and their feud, they are all symbolic of the Autobots and Decepticons, of the war itself. If there's a series without the war, like Rescue Bots, then one or the other isn't needed, but

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That was my thought.

I think Transformers has pretty much hit a wall when it comes to refs and homages.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I have traveled back from the future after spending ten years trying to think of something original this show has done and I say maybe. If they take things like wasting every bit of potential the show has, then no.

However if they take things like Arcee then yes. TFP Arcee is very good example of how to do female characters. She's female but that's not her only character trait and she's tough but not "Look she's ripped off the balls of every dude here which shows we're not sexist" tough.

Edit: Wait, wasting every bit of potential is an homage to Energon isn't it? And unbelievably shit Cons is from the films. Even it's flaws aren't original. So I guess my answer should have been yes.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Only carryovers I'd like to see are Knockout, and this style of Arcee. Not neccesarily in the next series, but to be carried forward like Bulkhead and Lockdown were from Animated.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes.

I want veteran voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker back, reprising their respective roles--I wouldn't mind a majority if the cast returning really:) 

I also want the CG animation to return--cell animation is dead and need not return.

7. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would of said yes..... I would like to see elements carried forward. But only from the first 2 seasons. This Beast Hunters thing is of real concern. Hope it will be a failure so we see nothing of it again.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

For some reason I forgot about Knockout. But yeah, keep him around.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Actually we kind of do have a series like that.

It's called Rescue Bots.

And it's amazing.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Only bring over knockout and dreadwing, and keep Jeffrey Combs to voice ratchet

other than that everything can just go away

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

The only thing from Prime I think they should keep is Breakdown's overweight design.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh! Forgot to mention that I'd like handheld weapons to return to the Transformers. I don't mind limbs changing into this or that, but I do miss the handheld ones. The movies and this show have given me limb transformation overload:( 

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I wouldn't mind if Beast Hunters was the last Transformers show. I'm tired or reboots and want a long continuity.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    *points to IDW's MTMTE and RID*

Seriously, it's the best TF fiction ever.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I read those. Good books indeed.

16. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    you need me - YouTube That was kinda creepy.

I'd like to see a KnockOut, if it is the same fun. And I like this Ratchet more, than Animated Ratchet.
    I think, that's all I can say now- might be, when I see next show, I will say, "I don't like this thing, because in TFP it was done in a better way", or may be not.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  We've seen virtually nothing of what Beast Hunters will actually bring in the show. What, a 1 minute clip of a
    Predaking
    reveal where
    Shockwave
    introduces it to Megatron? Some toys that may or may not even be part of the season? The premise of "The Autobots are scattered and the Beast Hungers must hunt the Autobots down"? How can you possibly wish it to be a failure and that we never see anything of it again? I'm not saying it'll be amazing, but to preemptively say that you hope it fails and nothing of Beast Hunters ever becomes a part of the franchise before we even know 99.9% of anything about the season is silly.

My bro.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anybody has a choice on if they want it or not. They WILL have Prime elements regardless if you like it or not.

Hasbro decided their little bible has as much value for all future series as the real bible has to that gigantic religion. It's all going to stay here. For a good time too.

Anyway Knockout is a great new guy and Dreadwing is much cooler at being cool guy decepticon blue jet than Thundercracker ever was, I would like them to stick around like Bulkhead from TFA did.

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    NO.

Make it original, no Optimus, no Bee, hell, no Megatron, have something that doesn't reference G1 over and over again
    If there was one thing i'd keep, it'd be Steve Blum as Starscream, but then i'd much prefer a more competent and threatening Screamer next time round

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I voted maybe. I think one of the most beautiful things about Transformers media is the ability to have nods to the past in some way, shape, or form. Now doing it well is a completely different thing.

TF Animated was one hell of a fan boy wank job .... and it was fucking awesome!

Beast Wars was able to tie in to the G1 verse remarkably well.

TF Prime really has done a poor job IMO at nodding to the past, unless if you count some famous, overused quotes. Regardless, I'd love to see some aspects carried over:

-Arcee as a rough and badass fembot.
    -Knockout as the Decepticon surgeon.
    -Partnerships that aren't really annoying, such as Jack/Arcee, BB/Raf, Bulkhead/Miko. Those partnerships seems subtle to me.
    -Jeffery Combs as Ratchet.

Other than those I really can't think of too many other things I'd like to see carried over. For those asking for a completely original series, I'd really say start writing your own fan fiction. We've had ONE series to ditch the status quo - Beast Wars. Even that series still tied into G1 as well.

Animated was also another great series where they kind of ditched the status quo (i.e. Optimus Prime not being the end all, be all leader).