Would you keep some of the Bay era robot designs for ROTB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WolverineDragon, Jul 8, 2021.

?

Would you like to keep some of the Bay era robot designs for ROTB?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Maybe

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
  4. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Bumblebee designs only

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Both Bayverse designs and BB designs

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Quit

That makes sense. Notably some of the early Bumble movie toys had the Bayverse characters in the streamlined G1 approach to give you a vague idea on what they'd look like. I guess that was when it was still in the prequel development and not fully realized yet.

2. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

I think a mix of both is the best way to go - a bit of diversity in appearance, as well as the Bay-era intricacy, combined with smoother profiles sounds pretty good to me.

In particular, I would say that a few of the Bay-era touches, like claws and wheel-feet, would be nice, just to diversify appearances. In particular, I do think Starscream should have the Bayverse "eagle legs" if he ever appears again - maybe even give him proper talons for feet. I think the Seekers having avian motifs would be an interesting touch.

As well as this, I'd like to focus on the faces - the G1 faces are all a bit samey, being mostly mouths, mouthplates and Shockwave. A few mandibles, speaker-mouths and whatever Dropkick had that flashed when he spoke would be much appreciated.

3. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I think it would be best if we combined the Bay designs from (1-3) and the Bumblebee movie designs. One of the things I loved about these designs is that they had car parts, unlike aoe and tlk where they lacked any visible vehicle mode parts. I am excited to see what they do with ROTB's designs, if they will lean more towards Bay, more towards Bumblebee or be it's own thing.

4. BoxxyIsJaAm

BoxxyIsJaAm JaAm

Give Ironhide classic Bluestreak colors. Mostly Black, but a bit of red. Give him the cannons, and make him mostly Bayverse but a G1 head.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So I agree, but I would say give his body a clear distinction and silhouette. I want it to be clear where his, neck, elbow, knees, and feet are. Also make sure that red ends up nicely distributed accrosd the body.

Do that and I'm game.

6. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    mixmaster, starscream , concept 07 arcee, megatron 07, jolt, dino, ravage, barricade, bonecrusher, scorponok, laserbeak, optimus, sideswipe, scrapper, onslaught and longhaul, ksi boss and nitro zeus, ,stinger and ninja bee, crosshairs, drift, hound, hotrod, devcon, and i could go and on

i dont care how they would rename them, what vehicle mode tweaks, or colors or changes, but the point is
    i doubt they will ever use them again
    the problem is not the designs(or names) is the lack of characters
    hear me out, hotrod is a perfect SIDESWIPE, sideswipe could be tracks, starscream dorito could be apeface, and there ware many more that would fit better with other names and even color schemes

7. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

• Like Like x 1