Would you have prefered if the Ark transformed into a playset?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they couldn't do both (?!?), I'd prefer a robot mode, rather than a playset mode that doesn't allow for it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Well it would still be transforming. It would just go from ship to base.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Who cares about it being a playset?

What about the fact we have to saw off the front of the ship ourselves to make it screen accurate to 99% of the animation appearances?!

4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, but I would have liked the exterior to be more complete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

I totally would prefer the Ark to be a Playset, I think the Spaceship mode would have looked more accurate, and would have been more fun to play with the other figures. Every Transformer Toy does not have to actually transform into a robot to be fun. The version we are getting would be better suited for Omega Supreme from TF Animated.

I'll get it to just hang from the ceiling in spaceship mode. I won't be using robot mode for anything. I am hoping a Nemesis will come out next year and I can have them both hanging from the ceiling in a battle with each other.

I'll get one for my son too, he might like robot mode if they put it in the Kingdom cartoon, but I have a feeling that one will be in spaceship mode as well.

I built my own Autobot, Decepticon, and Quintesson bases already out of cardboard boxes because I have given up on Hasbro ever making them to scale with the Chug figures. Maybe I'll build a landing pad for the Autobot base for the Ark to land on to tie in with this new figure.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

That was said before the reveal. There isn't room in this toy to fit legends scale figures, the only legends scaled thing is the Transforming Teletran 1. So you can remove Teletran 1 and have legends figures play with that by itself only.

7. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

It never crossed my mind that the Ark would transform until the reveal. I expected a play set and thought it might be suited for the core class figures. I'm less excited about the Ark now that I've seen it but I'll probably still get it for Teletran 1.

8. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It never crossed my mind that the Ark might not transform. Ever since the first rumour of the Ark it has been said to be this year's titan. Can't really see how someone would have heard of the Ark from rumours but not also heard about it being a titan.

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    You know, I don't think I really need a proper base mode distinct from the ship mode. I just kinda would have liked some level of interaction with smaller toys outside of using Mainframe as a prop with them.
    Like, there is basically no interactions possible between the Ark and regular toys other than posing a micromaster coming out of the rear ramp. I get that the Ark was never going to be in proper scale with regular TFs, but the fact that there's not even some semblance of a cargo bay, cockpit, or turret for even titanmaster-sized dudes is a letdown.
    If you could just take the Ark as a ship and flip parts of it open like a Lego Millennium Falcon set, that would have been fine. Let's be honestly, for 90% of the previous titans, their two alt modes have not been huge departures from each other.

In the end, The Ark ends up being a lot like Supreme Cybertron Starscream - just a large man who can't really do anything other than "be a big guy" (for you).

10. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another example:

81VbRr2HSlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

unfolds into the various sections...

Odd that this is a licensed product (Star Wars) has quality plastic, lots of part count, lots of details, closed up it looks great and nails the BB8, and yet, was under the 100$ CAN mark. I regret not grabbing one at the time when it went on sale at around 40$ CAN.

Edit: Oh yeah, it even had electronics!

Something like this would be perfect for core figures.

I wonder if there will even be such a Playschool Ark, for the "Rescue" line... it might outshine this main line one in every way.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

I'm 32 years old what do I want with a play set......

Oh, I have thousands of dollars of plastic trucks and cars that turn into robots.

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Totally agree.

And totally don't think it's in the cards since they've abandoned doing the 2.5" figures.

Even Gobots got not just one but two Headquarters back in the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All we've ever gotten were exclusive cardboard sets and a movie playset that fits in the palm of two hands when folded out.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It would of been cool to have an Ark plastic playset. But it would of only been for the Core class figures. No way it would of been big enough for deluxes, voyagers or leader class figures, cause thats what most people own.

It would have had to be as big as that DC Batcave Justice League playset Mattel released a few years back.

I just bought the Extreme Sets Headquarters and Command Center for this very purpose though.

14. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    nah. i don't want playsets. i want robots.

15. openchallenge

openchallenge Shelves interlinked.

Which could mean combiner or whatever else fits the price point. The quintesson and some of the pop and swap deluxe figures turn into litte play sets vaguely, it's not something that hasn't happened.

16. topnotch97

topnotch97 Lexi Belle fan

you hear that Hasbro?!?! people wanted playsets!

not some cardboard cut-outs of Teletran 1 that you guys put in those earthrise boxes.

17. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I'm fine with either.

18. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Batman set, bought for 10$ used. Converted "on the cheap" to Autobot headquarters (and a main set in my "True Origins" story, go read it if you haven't already and see a crapload of picture showing it in it's full majesty.. hell, even Sky Lynx fits on it!).

New, this was under the 100$ at the time... again, lots of parts, lots of plastic, and works with deluxe/voyager sized figures without issue.. heck, it's perfect.

No way they couldn't have done something decent with something that's the size that the Ark could be.

DSC06668.JPG DSC06340 - Copy.JPG DSC06674.JPG DSC06680.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad it doesn't have a base mode, my Titans are displayed robot mode.

20. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably in the minority of people that's more excited about the fact that this is a toy of the Last Autobot than the fact it's the Ark. So from that perspective, I'm certainly happy with what we're getting. If it had just been a playset, I probably would have passed.

In keeping with that, the only thing I wish this Ark had was seating space to fit Earthrise or Red Optimus in it to represent Action Master Prime flying in on the Last Autobot to Klo in the final Marvel issue.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1