Would you buy Scorponok and Fortress Maximus in Leader Class scale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Steve2477, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have had a few thoughts lately about Transformers characters and their toys. I am really loving the War for Cybertron Trilogy toys. After buying Kingdom Ultra Magnus and SS86 Grimlock i had this thought.

As the title says. Instead of Scorponok and Fort Max as Titan Class toys. They would be Leader Class. Hasbro could say this was just achieved through mass shifting, based on old Marvel Headmasters comics or whatever. I just want Fort Max and Scorponok standing on the shelf inches above respective team Headmasters. Instead of towering feet over them.

They were this size in the 1987 Marvel Headmasters and ongoing comics. I was thinking of this looking at my current Transformers WFC and Third Party Legends displays. My Iron Factory Scorponok looks awesome next to Unique Toys Headmaster Decepticons.

Would anyone like to see Scorponok and Fortress Maximus ever be made the same size as say SS86 Grimlock? What do you think?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime wars Leader, yes. Prefer Commander. Basically I want them roughly combiner or God Ginrai size since I have him.

Edit- And I should really edit this to say, no, I do not want the listed characters, I wanted Grand Maximus and Black Zarak at this size. They make sense to be combiner (wars) height where I prefer the original color schemes to be the city compatible height at least for the Legend scale cars and such.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

100%. Coincidentally I have been looking for some cheaper Scorpinok toys from Energon, or even 3rd party that scale better with my Kingdom stuff without breaking my wallet. I’m not the biggest fan of having a bunch of titans, I think metroplex and trypticon are the best Titans. This might be controversial but I like Scorpinok and Fort Max in the marvel comics more then when they Titans, in fact marvel comics Scorpinok is one of my favorite decepticon leaders ever, probably second only to Prime and Animated Megatron

• Like Like x 3
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Scorponok, yes. It's the only way I see the character.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Wars

Wars I Ate The WHOLE Plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they were the size of say, SS86 Grimlock, then absolutely. I definitely like the idea of them being smaller characters, but that still tower over pretty much everyone else

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stryker729

Stryker729 That’s rough, buddy

buh-buh-but then they wouldn’t be TOON ACCURATE!!!!! STOP RUINING TRANSFORMERS!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  7. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    In a fucking heartbeat, especially if Fort Max was IDW-style. In fact I'd probably sell my Titans if leaders came out.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have Toyworld infinitor which is basically leader sized FOrt Max. I need someone for him to fight. Also, I am a fan of hte marvel g1 series, so to me, Scorponok is leader sized not city sized. and if there was a black zarak retool, i'd get that too

• Like Like x 4
  9. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I always thought they were huge in the Sunbow toon The Rebirth cause thats how big their toys were compared to the other Headmasters. And of course cause their toys Transformed into bases/shuttles.

10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    100% I prefer Scorponok and Fort Max in leader scale and IDW reaffirmed that especially Scorponok it makes Metroplex and Trypticon more special. So here's hoping Hasbro or more likely MMC make a Scorponok.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Without hesitation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them as Titan Class along with Trypticon, Omega Supreme, and Metroplex.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never understood why Marvel ignored Cerebros.

And we have a body for Zarak not, too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

They would definitely be cool so yes I would. Personally I need a big TITAN Max, but I would love a LEADER as well.

Plus I bet I could army build and with the interconnectivity of the line nowadays I probably could make a really cool city playset by buying multiples. I still want a Haslab Citybot, but I would be down for this too.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. Yes yes yes...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely, especially for Fort Max. Commander would be a good size as well.

A smaller Metroplex that was designed with Sixgun and the upcoming Slammer in mind would be fantastic too.

17. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Scorponok, maybe just because I like the design.
    Fort Max? Nope.
    I refuse to put anything IDW in my collection, so getting them as Leaderclass scale/pricepoint would go against that.

Also, there's a big issue for some that figures are getting smaller, and now people want smaller versions of big figures?

• Like Like x 1
  18. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

I think it’s a great idea. Both Scorponok and Fortress Maximus have personalities that lend themselves to be large, intimidating bots, but not necessarily city-sized large. I think that iconography rests with Metroplex and Trypticon. The Marvel continuity got it right IMO. Scorponok is absolutely my favorite character from the OG comics. He’s devious, powerful, intelligent, but also has a redemptive story arc.

That being said I have Toyworld Infinitor and Earthrise Scorponok. I figured after decades of G1 Fortress Maximus towering over Scorponok, it was time the tables turned ;) .

• Like Like x 1
  19. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I already did buy a leader-sized Fort Max. Toyworld Infinitor is about leader-class size.
    [​IMG]

I just need to find a good Scorponok to pit against him.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about Fort Max because I've never really been attached to the character or design, but definitely Scorponok! I don't like overly large figures for a number of reasons. They're generally more money than I'm willing to spend for non-MP/3P toys, they take up a lot of valuable space that I don't have, and I just don't find them fun, I can't really play around with one while I'm sitting at my computer. Leader class (old Leader size, not current Voyager size) is the largest I'd like any of my figures to be. I'd love Leader figures of Scorponok, Star Saber, and Jetfire (although for Jetfire I would want him to be more of a large 'Voyager+' than a full-sized Leader).