Would you buy ______?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dkr7, Jan 26, 2012.

1. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought a thread where people can list idea's for 3rd parties to make to gauge interest without having many threads for each idea.

So one i had is MP10 shrunk down to MP seeker size? Not a fan of KO's but i want that mold but its too big for my collection.

Another idea was a G1 accessory addon kit for FP-snot-insecticons (i'm aware of rumblespoons work)

Thoughts?

2. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    MP10 that's head to head with an Ultra like CHUG Silverbolt would be perfect for me
    Just the right height compared to the CHUG line (and any other toys I use, like Prime, Movie, etc... the scale that most toys are at really, the deluxe-voyager range
    MP10 is a nice size for the Altenators/Binaltech line but for those of us who don't have an extensive collection of Binaltech or Human Alliance a slightly smaller optimus would be nice (compares her 'Bolt to her MP Rodimus. Yeah, it's about two heads too tall (I've got my Rodi in 'Hot Rod' height so he's shorter than MP10 at the moment and he's still a head taller than Silverbolt

Edit: near as I can tell Bolt is about the same height as the seekers, maybe half a head shorter if that. (has her bolt standing next to her Starscream at the moment.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want an upgrade kit for Thunderwing into his Stormbringer armor. I say that every time one if these wish list threads gets posted abs I'll bring it up everyone until someone gets the point :) 

I'd love some Monsterbots and an IDW Sentinel Prime too

4. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    IDW Sentinel Prime for the win! ^_^ Especially if he was Leader class in his armor and voyage/ultra outside of it
    Also-Nova Prime with armor ^_^
    And a better Rodimus Prime then the MP!! (Also, make him Ultra sized)

A tank or artillery piece Megatron would be cool, especially if he had his "G1" build (flat chest, arm cannon, silver color scheme) in robot mode. I think there was some art work of a tank megatron like that a while back... can't find the link though

I'd almost go for the Stormbringer Thunderwing too... I just don't like his classics mold at all (sorry)-I'll stick with the one I'm kitbashing from the Cybertron Megatron ^_^

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Heavy Iron cannons for Leader Ironhide and a removable helmet for Sentinel.

6. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Stormbringer upgrade sounds good.

I'd want a powermaster upgrade a-la protector for the spiining deluxe prime mold, and a bigger-than-hercules modern Predaking combiner set and perhaps a "sonic armor upgrade set" for the ROTF Soundwave mold.

I'd possibly buy some updated gobot designs too.

7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I'd love for a 3rd party to release their own FULL line of TFs that were all in real world, alt mode scale to each other...F*@# mass shifting!!...

And since Herc is currently (and most like always will be) my fave TF, I'd like for this hypothetical line to be in scale to him...

I'd also like to see a real MP sized (bigger than MP SS) Jetfire

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3rd party or official updated G1 combiners?
    That's pretty much the only thing I'm REALLY hoping will happen.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Stormbringer armor for Thunderwing would be awesome for sure.

MP style Snarl, Slag, Sludge and Swoop to go along with Grimlock. God knows they'll never get an official release.

As far as I'm concerned, TFC should make the rest of the combiners immediately.

10. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    A lot of things are in scale with Herc. I reckon that Herc is roughly 1/60 scale. He's about a foot tall and Devastator's TF Universe profile says he's "over 60 feet tall." Presumably he's not more than 70 feet or they'd have said that, so let's just say 60 feet for argument's sake.

According to the Transformers Scale Project, that puts him in scale with the MP Seekers and in pretty close scale with the Bludgeon mold, Straxus, Universe Galvatron, Deluxe two-pack Prime/Megs.

Meanwhile most of the deluxe autobots are about 1/32. So think about that- to have bumblebee and wheeljack be in scale with Herc and the MP Seekers, either Bee and 'Jack would need to be half as big as their current classics incarnations (so, legends), or herc and the seekers would need to be twice as big as they are (so, fucking massive).

So.. difficult.

Also the Yamato Macross 1/48 VF-1S is as perfect an MP Jetfire as you're likely to find. Here's a pic of one with MP Prime.

11. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

Fully scratch built Combiner Menasor like what TFC or Maketoys did...doesn't one of them actually have one in the works?

more "deluxe" scaled transformers from Perfect Effect.

voyager not-soundwave from Perfect Effect.

Stormbringer armor for Thunderwing.

more female transformers.

A nice, chunky voyager scaled cybertronian tank Megatron.

more cybertronian transformers generally...

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    MP Dinobots (minus Grimlock of course) and MP Shockwave.

PLEASE!!

That is all.

13. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bigger MP-08 Grimlock in scale with MP-09 and MP-10.
    A smaller MP-09 in scale with MP-08, MP Seekers and Faith Leader.
    A new G1 Megatron with MP-ish engineering in scale with MP-08, MP Seekers and Faith Leader (upsized Hegemon maybe).
    DOTM Leader sized Megatron.
    Movie Leader sized Blackout.
    G1 Devastator with a MP-ish scale and engineering (I know it couldn't be really in scale but I want it really bigger than the rest of the MP. Something between 20'' and 25'' would be great).

14. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know everyone's probably got Devastator fatigue these days, but I second that MP Devastator. None of this 'updated' stuff which is just an excuse to skirt around HasTak's IP; I mean your actual toon-accurate MP-sized Constructicons. TCracker mentioned in the MP speculation thread that designs existed for Alternator size Constructicons, I'd settle for those too :drool: 

I'm very much looking forward to the MP Soundwave and Blaster, so basically any new unofficial MPs would get my vote. Dinobots, Shockwave, Skyfire, Astrotrain, Blitzwing etc etc.

15. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like some of the classics line and love the MP line, but the scale issues with both bug the crap out of me. I finally bough MP Rodimus the other day and as "Hot Rod" he's still taller than Grimlock! WTF? Personally, I'd be happy for Has/Tak to lease the MP line out to iGear and just let them run wild with it and then have all the characters in scale with each other.

iGear's Dinobots are an absolute must for me...even Swoop who I can't stand.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That has already been heavily hinted that TakTom have that covered as a future MP....I'd pretty much expect it to scale next to MP-10.

17. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    While I love Rodimus, I don't like his MP toy all that much, it has a lot of engineering issues that would only be worse if the mold was shrunk down... I'd like to see him in the Voyager/ultra range but definitely with a new design.
    I like the MP line for some toys, the Seekers for example, but for most toys thats just too big overall-the dinobots and Shockwave would work in that scale, so would Astrotrain and Blitzwing (I'd rather see an Ultra for Octain and Springer) But some well engineered, sized and priced triplechangers would be nice-
    I almost wish we could get a MP Grimlock with a more 'modern' dino look instead of 'spot on animation model'... but that's more a personal preference.
    I'd LOVE to see a Leader class Blackout-there is a toy I'd SNATCH up, and I'd prefer to see him without the 'button press blade spin gimmick as that would allow for his tail assembly to transform out of the way

I actually keep hoping that someone will put out an alternate head for Jazz, give him a smirk instead of his current scowl ^_=

18. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I'd like to see...some actual dates put on the next MP release, FT Soundwave, etc etc. I'm tired of holding onto my money.

19. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know about MP Meg v2 but like you said, it'll be in scale with MP-10, not with the Seekers, Grimlock and Faith Leader.

20. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think Stormbringer armor for Thunderwing would be great. Another, perhaps easier, idea would be to replace Thunderwing's drone with a small transforming plane. Keep it the same or similar size and shape, retain the docking feature, but include a simplistic, Mini-connish transformation scheme. That would go a long way towards recapturing the old inner robot feel from the Pretender.

And I have to mention this every time one of these threads comes up: HeadRobots needs to make a HeadMaster upgrade for Mindwipe. But instead of turning into a robot, the HM partner turns into a bat. Come ON, HeadRobots! Make this happen!