Would They Be the Same?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by decepticon2020, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

I think a Transformer's body type plays a huge role in determining which alt mode they choose. Some Transformers are created with flight in mind, so they choose some form of aircraft that best suits their body type. Others are created with heavy layers of armor (think Ironhide) and they pick a vehicle that matches up with that. This makes the most sense to me. I mean, if all Transformers could choose their capabilities and alt modes without limitation, they'd all be multi-changers, combiners, or base/city formers. And honestly, what's the fun in that?

In the case of Megatron, his body was essentially kitbashed from other parts in ROTF. And in DOTM, with his flight capabilities suffering from getting his shit handed to him by Optimus in Egypt, he had to base his alt mode on a land vehicle. Of course, this is Megatron we're talking about, and Megatron can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants without having to explain himself.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Megatron would continue to look totally different from Optimus, like he always has. We've seen the difference between their protoforms in TF1, so the only similarities would be truck parts.

And secondly, Megatron would also use the trailer to transform to robot form because he's larger, Optimus can only use the truck part because of his mass.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Weird!

4. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

So, what if a smaller bot like Bumblebee attempted to scan...oh, say... a tank? Would it just not work? Or would he have to combine with another bot to complete the alt mode, like the twins ice cream truck mode?

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Going by my logic, it'd depend on whether or not his body could support a tank form of any kind, even a smaller one that's more comparable in size to a car.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It wouldn't have made as big an exit wound if his front were armored. Maybe he'd have been fine...

7. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megs also blasted Prime point blank with his cannon after stabbing him in the back . Kinda hard to surive that

8. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I don't think Megatron is that much larger/ more massive than Optimus.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Good thing Transformers keep landing & crashing on Earth where we happen to have endless vehicle options that conveniently suit their exact sizes & previous function needs. :) 

10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Plus the mass of the Tf in question comes into play also. Allspark not withstanding, there is no mass shifting in the movies, so, a TF the size of Megatron can't scan a gun, or Wheelie can't scan a full sized car.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Given that Megs stabbed through Prime's back, I doubt his front would've held up as well if it was armoured steel.

Also, this. Window chest or steel chest, a stab in the back with a blade of that size and a charged blast from a cannon that size would result in asplodey death either way.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    well... may...maybe if he had had an armored front he wouldn't have had to focus on protecting it and would have been watching his back better...

Look, I wasn't really serious when I made the first comment, and I'm definitely not serious now. Though I always found G1 Prime and Ironhide's glass chests a little weird, iconic though they may be.

For the purposes of this discussion, I think a TF's default proto-state and/or personality has an influence on what their robot mode will look like, so two tfs with the same alt mode won't necessarily look the same. Look at Skids and Mudflap, for example.

13. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

I think Prime front side is armored. Remember during the forest fight when he was thrown to the ground. As he was getting up, Megatron blasted him with his cannon and blew him halfway across the forest. Then Prime got up, made his epic "I'll take you all on" line and decided to go gansta on them all.

14. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime, The Fallen and the other 6 Primes says hello.

15. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Lol this happened in tf1 wen megs put his hands together and it turned into that big gun, and it blasted prime down the street into that building..... For goodness sake prime get out of the way of megatrons cannons !! Lol

16. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

That's okay, I have a little telling how serious someone is when saying things, typing or not. I also just like to debate stuff.