Would masterpiece prowl come to the U.S?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bossprime, Mar 5, 2013.

1. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

So I believe the common assumption on why sideswipe never came to the U.S. was because of licensing. If prowl is licensed would he have the same problem of coming to the States? Or even if prowl isn't licensed for whatever reason do you think that him or his brothers would come stateside?

2. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

All I know is that I wouldn't risk hoping for a US release. Put that preorder in now for the Takara version so you can get him for cheapest price possible before he skyrockets like Sideswipe is doing.

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why they make knock off designs of real cars all the time, those masterpieces don't have 100% authentic details on them so that means they don't use the car's logos or name without permission.

It's not like those cars and companies don't exist in other countries as well.

Now if they actually had the companies names on them without their approval, but I don't understand why anyone would say anything about any of the cars and USA licenses keeping them from being imported.

Pretty sure Hasbro just isn't going to import every masterpiece unless they think it will sell.

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    If it is a Nissan lisence deal, then I can definitely see Takara Prowl and the rest skyrocketing in value like MP Sideswipe. Best to get in pre-orders now.

5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think it's just the licensing. TRU MPs are always a sort of standalone thing. Who knows if they'd be interested in a smaller MP at all? "Masterpiece" to them might mean big.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even if they do, the current trend in US MP pricing seems to be about the $70-80 price point, given that that is the current price of the Takara release I don't see there being much reason to wait anyway. They'd have to do something spectacular like a boxed set or drop the price point, and I don't really see either of those things happening. I wouldn't wait over a $5-10 price difference if you really want one, if it don't happen then you'll be stuck paying after market prices which almost always tends to be quite a bit more for MPs.

Just my take on it though.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are for the larger toys that are usually $150+ for the Takara ones though, and MP prices vary figure to figure. We have no idea what price the new smaller ones could be.

8. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

I hope so but I wouldn't count on it.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is true, I'll make no arguments there. I just don't see TRU (who seems to be the store that gets the most of these) dropping the price point given how well the other MPs have sold, they've even raised the price after release on some of these (MP Grimlock if I'm not mistaken).

All in all it's just speculation, and I may very well be wrong, this is just my reasoning on it. Even with their smaller size I don't see the 80-90 price tag being that bad in the first place for an MP.

10. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

They'll get a us release probably first start off with the sideswipe release first. Patience is the key.

11. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

I think Prowl and co. are more likely to be released in the "west" than Sideswipe, but I'm not holding my breath... hence why I preordered 'em from BBTS.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see Nissan being a big licensing issue as Lambo.

We still don't know what the issue is with the US release. They don't have a license so the do need to buy one. Also, is Lambo unhappy with the TakTomy release, etc. This may or may not have an effect on a potential Sunstreaker.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it doesn't matter as long as they don't slap the logo of the company on it, did I miss the part where they have the official logos on these cars like Alternators did?

There are tons of knock off looking Lambos made every day by hot wheels want to be companies you can get those Wal-Mart brand ones right beside the Hot Wheels ones.

I think people are just missing what others are saying and making up this issue, TRU doesn't want to carry multiple Masterpieces at retail it would be horrible to have 3-4 $70-$80 cars that will never move.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they release Prowl here. I'm planning on getting Acid Storm, so it would be nice to have an Autobot to counter him. I would get the Takara one, as I'm not so sure any of these new car Masterpieces will actually make it to the US via Hasbro, but I also want to display any MP's I get mint in-package. Something that, as far as I'm concerned, ins't an option with the Takara releases.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Highly doubt it, if sideswipe and red alert can't come over, I don't see these coming over either

liscensing is not something i'm gonna take a risk on

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Megatron is the only MP Hasbro has failed to release. Unless they say otherwise, I'm not buying the fear mongering.

17. Noobicon

Noobicon Dinobot

News Credits:
    I think he might come to the states but with the price not too high I think the best bet is to purchase the TAKARA version. Most likely TRU will release them at this price range, $10 cheaper give or take. I preordered a Prowl just to be safe.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nope.

If you want a MP Prowl, Streak, Smokescreen, Lambor, or Alert, I'd recommend ordering these now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'd say a lot cheaper, but given how hard it is to get the Hasbro MP releases lately at TRU, I'd say in some cases it's easier to get the Takara releases, particularly since they seem to be the ones focusing more on cartoon accuracy.

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Lamborghini is owned by VW and VW are dicks about Licensing. Infact I'm shocked SS happened at all. Nissan on the other hand are very cool about Licensing. Prowl has a good chance here.