Would anyone else be interested in a new "Universe 1.0" line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBeastman, Sep 16, 2016.

?

Would you want a new Universe (repaint) line?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you take my example, we're not going to see FOC Seekers in the Titans Return line. They don't fit in with the lines gimmick.

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Yes, but i was thinking more along the lines of a unreleased toy, toy line, the idea behind is it could be a celebration of everything transformers has been though the mass release of unreleased toys

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah,then again most of the molds wouldn't fit in, and even if they retool those molds to do so, there wouldn't be much of a point.

Unreleased toys, Toys that was released in other places but not in the US/European markets, And Redecos of figures as either newcomers or homages to obscure figures/Background Generics.

4. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    E.g animated maruda megatron

5. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

Yeah, that's the downside of a line-wide gimmick in the Generations line. No place to stick redecos of older molds. Combiner Wars did sneak some older molds in there in the Legends range, and the Leader molds didn't fit with the combiner theme either. Titans Return is more all-encompassing between the size classes. I wonder if after the Prime Wars Trilogy, Hasbro will ever go back to a Thrilling 30-type line, where it's just whatever characters/molds they want to put in there, with no overarching theme or gimmick.

6. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    I would really like to see Sunstorm done in the original Classics mold like Acid Storm and the 3 main seekers. But I would buy Sunstorm in the FOC style too.

the only other one I could think of offhand is Jazz into Stepper/Richochet?

Both are of course unlikely........hopefully Leader Blaster gets another shot as Twincast though!!

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd love something like that. Or a return of GDO. Just random repaints that put a new spin on old toys.

8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do a lot of gift sets these days some of the things that might be nice to see could be done that way - a Bitstream/Acid Storm/Sunstorm FOC/WFC Starscream repaint gift set would be a nice thing to have like in the style of the asian market seeker Boxed sets.

I consider it unlikely that a straight reissue of Runabout & Runamuck is something that would happen - otherwise why make the recent TF Adventures Legends size ones ?

Bit you never know what may happen in a post Botcon world. Hasbro might adapt some of the themes for their own use or they might pass them over to a successor company. we already are getting an MP-10 Shattered Glass toy that seemed a bit unlikely even a month ago.

But I was pretty surprised when some Botcon toys were also sold on E-Hobby too.

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I hope in any case if Hasbro does their own exclusives they will be more available like the Takara eclusives and wont require club membership anymore.
    And it would be nice if they could resell some of the Funpub stuff like Paradron Medic (still calling her Morphine as its a much better name), Reflector, the Actionmasters...

10. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I'd be down for that under the banner of "Transformers: Generations - Multiverse". After all, with so many new lines since the old Universe died down, think of all they could do!

They could do a few Prime figures they missed out on, like American releases of Breakdown and Unicron, as well as Beast Hunter repaints of Bumblebee and Smokescreen, maybe some repaints like PRID Megatron into Galvatron and PRID Starscream into Thundercracker and Skywarp, some Animated figures like Shockwave into Whirl and Rodimus into Thunderclash, some Combiner Wars like Bruticus into Ruination and Breakdown into Sideswipe, Movie figures like AOE High Octane Bumblebee into 2007 Movie Bumblebee or Long Haul into G2 Long Haul... the possibilities are endless. I'd also be down for seeing a more Marvel comics colored Cybertron Primus.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I voted no because I actually remember Universe 1 and cannot even imagine what current cost cutting practices would do to such a line.

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'll never say no to more toys. But we should recognize Universe for what it was...a filler line that is now occupied by Generations and Platinum. if you bring it back, one or both of these go away. And, TBH, I'm really digging Generations right now. Late G1 was all about gimmicks...so it makes sense that Generations would be too at this stage.

13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some Universe toys were quite well decorated - It seems likely that wouldn't be the case these days if they did that now.

14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Repaints, no. Re-issue and new molds, yes.

15. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'd love another GDO line. buncha older/recent molds given new life with new heads and weapons.

yes, an excuse to release Arms Microns, Breakdown, the Go Combiners and Oni stateside.

16. kjata

kjata Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, either I bought the mold the first time around or the ones I want wouldn't be released. But there's the off chance that it might make Lugnut available at sane prices, so I say bring on the redecos!

17. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind it at all if it ever becomes necessary to have another filler line! Some of my favorite repaints came out of that line or time period (late Armada/early Energon had a lot of repaints as well)- Universe Optimus Primal and Nemesis Prime, Armada Cheetor, Energon Tidal Wave, Universe Blackarachnia...

18. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see a lot of people being into and buying this sort of thing, but I am so sick of repaints and remolds I have completely stopped buying anything that is not an entirely new mold. Even though I think this sort of idea would sell, I really hope they focus on new molds and new transformations.