Would Alfa Romeo ever let their cars be used in a Transformers movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jazz of Staniz, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I fairly recently discovered Alfa Romeo’s very nice cars and was wondering if anyone knew what their probable response would be if they were asked to allow their cars to be in a Transformers movie/toy.

I always imagined a new take on Movie Jazz, but as an Alfa Romeo 4C (Pontiac died in 2010, as did the Solstice). Is this realistic at all?

FAD687C6-4C2A-4E1E-886C-49C068E9F72F.jpeg 2B59028D-B88B-42AC-ADA4-BFEAD371CE57.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Did you make that digibash? It looks really cool!

Anyway, I believe Hasbro should have no problem with getting the license as long as the brand is not Volkswagen (this includes Porsche and Audi) or Ferrari

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Thank you for the compliment! I actually made this on my phone using PicsArt. I just used the white movie Jazz CGI and pasted on some Alfa Romeo 4C parts and painted over him.

And thanks for the info. However isn’t Volkswagen okay now since their letting their Beetle be used in the Bumblebee movie. And I actually didn’t realize that Audi was part of Volkswagen, having been used in Revenge of the Fallen for Sideways. The only one I thought was still against Transformers was Porsche.

4. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Nice digibash!!! As much as I like regular, more affordable cars being used for our robots in disguise, at times, the "supercars" are still visually intriguing. I recall seeing an Alfa Romeo back in the day in one of the Roger Moore James Bond flicks-and years later, also wondered if it would be used by our favorite Cybertronians. . .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I kinda prefer average everyday cars (that still look nice) for our robots in disguise, but I thought Jazz would pick a stylish car by nature, so I made an exception. What I found interesting is that an Alfa Romeo 4C at its most basic only adds up to about $60000, which isn’t too bad for a car that looks like a Bugatti. Still 3 times the price of a Honda Civic, but not close to the hundred thousand area. Speaking of the Civic, I think that would be an interesting car to use for someone. Any idea who?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  6. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My ideal choice would be this.
    However the Alfa Romeo 4C with the Martini Racing stripes (or similar decals) would look extremely good and fitting for the character, and I'd enjoy that.

Edit: found a pic

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Alfa Romeo 4C is a gorgeous car! I would not mind if Transformers were to have an alt mode like that. They are beautiful cars!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

I recall one of the toy lines had a G-1 Style Frenzy or Rumble that transformed into a Honda Civic.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For most, the obvious choice is the Porsche 911, though if I were going the Porsche route, I would prefer the Porsche 918, as it’s more of the modern equivalent of Jazz’s alt mode in the 80s.

76D509D2-4E91-4D87-AC8B-C20390D560D3.jpeg

However, I’m a younger fan and grew up with the movies and Animated, so I’m more familiar with Jazz not as a racer, but a stylish sports car without being a racecar, though my Animated side likes Jazz in white with blue and red stripes.

Jazz strikes me as more of a stylish character than a hothead, so I never thought a racer captured his personality, which is why I left out a 4 or racing sponsors on his paintjob. That’s also why I felt that an Alfa Romeo would make a great alt mode, as it captures the sportiness of the Pontiac Solstice, the grace and style of his Animated alt mode, and the overall color scheme of both Animated and G1.

Overall, I think my artwork depicts my ideal Jazz, capturing as much as I could of the essence of Jazz.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh that’s pretty neat. I hope the civic is used again in the future because I love the new design.

11. Cosbydaf

Porsche 918 is just as good.

I would argue that transforming into a racing car doesn't necessitate a certain personality type, but I get your point. He doesn't need to be a racecar specifically, but the blue/red stripes along the middle and sides scream "JAZZ" to me, like the Alitalia decals do for Wheeljack even when it's on a completely unrelated car;

[​IMG]

I say that new films should utilize these strong visual connections, if possible.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh definitely. I love the white with blue and red stripes on Jazz. That’s what I loved so much about Animated. Jazz had his classic stripes, lacked racing sponsors and numbers, kept his head the same color scheme, and he was a stylish sports car. The very essence of Jazz.

13. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Fiat owns Ferrari and Alfa

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Would this mean that Hasbro wouldn’t be able to make an Alfa Romeo figure? I know that Ferrari has an exclusive toy license, but does Alfa?

15. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Yes, but only as stationary Transformers or objects.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Why? What makes this the case?

17. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I think he’s talking about the non-transforming supercars seen throughout AOE & TLK such as McLaren, Aston Martin and Cadillac.

As to why, I have no idea. Maybe they don’t want their cars to be represented by evil alien invaders?

• Like Like x 2
  18. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think that porsche company would allow their cars be associated with war movies, due of your nazi origin.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Jazz of Staniz

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Perhaps, though if they understood or cared that only Jazz, a protector of Earth, would be an Alfa, perhaps that would convince them.

Very true, which is why I went for an Alfa instead of a Porsche. Nevertheless, it appears there would be some licensing issues either way. It’s like the only carmakers that are allowing Transformers to use them consistently are GM, Lamborghini, and Mercedes.

20. Cosbydaf

This was a completely understandable objection to have, considering Bay's directing style. But I wonder if they might change their mind after seeing Travis Knight directing?

• Like Like x 2