Worth Watching?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by fiire_dragon_88, May 28, 2016.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I watched all of season 1 a couple months ago while on medical leave. While not the best TF toon and certainly formulaic as others have mentioned, I found it was enjoyable and worth a watch. Start at episode 1 and before you now it, you'll have watched the whole season, or not. Again, as others have said, everyone has different tastes. Some might deem themselves above this more "kid-ified" show (compared to Prime) while others can just enjoy it for what it is, a TF cartoon.

2. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    DON'T! It will mess with your mind and make you go crazy for undetailed, terrible, inaccurate to the original, big chunks of plastic, easily broken pieces of scrap. Also, the show's 0/10 IGN; 0/8, M8.

3. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

Okay that may have been over stepping a bit. I guess what I meant was, the animation/art sucked, but the story line was enough to keep me interested. You were right to call me out on that haha

Everyone else, thank you for the input!!!!!

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I love it that theres a picture of a smiling IDW Magnus beneath those lines :lol 

5. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 AKA Martial Prime

News Credits:
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I was originally on the "haters" bandwagon, but after watching the pilot premiere, I caved and bought Warrior Bumblebee.

For what it's worth, the show is pretty good. It's not great as Prime was, but I like change-up to the usual plot, and the cast for both sides is fun and fresh. Without a doubt though, season two is better than season one.

6. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Unlike Prime, it's a show that knows exactly what it is and isn't going to put on pretentious airs and claim that it's "dark" and "edgy" or "cinematic". Because of that, I'd say it's better than Prime, but I really don't like Prime. :rolleyes: 

It's a well-made kid's show. The characters are fun, which is something that Prime definitely did not have. The Decepticon designs... well, I'm not a big fan of the "animal-as-robot-mode" aesthetic, but the actual design work is good and there are some really interesting alt modes.

If you're looking for depth, don't look here. But there is some quality.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's easily better than all the TF anime I've ever seen. And the characters are developed better than they were in TFP. The TFP cast were almost entirely defined by their job function. In RID I can actually tell you about their likes & dislikes outside of their job. You know, all the little quirks that give them personality.

8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Fresh Marvel G1 Fan

RID15 is a childrens cartoon first and foremost, but it's a really good children's cartoon.

It's plots are formulaic and even during large events the stakes don't feel very high, but it's got a lot of heart and the characters are fun, relatable, and well developed. There's no shortage of laughs or "daawhs" as Bumblebee and his team learn to work together to protect Earth from a runaway zoo of Decepticons.

The Decepticons all being beastial is more hit than miss and their persinalities/MOs have a borderline absurdist amount of variety. Steeljaw is also a really entertaining "big bad" and even though I think he's underused at first, he becomes really interesting imo as he's fleshed out over 2 seasons.

Pros:
    Good animation
    Good voice acting
    Characters are engaging and well developed
    Fun atmosphere
    Steeljaw is a great villain

Cons:
    Don't fall in love with any Decepticon except Steeljaw and a select few others, because they're gone after 22 minutes most of the time.
    Overly simple/preachy at times because of its young young target audience.
    Not much continuity with Prime (at first)

Personally I'm in love with it, but I can see how people with tastes geared more towards Prime/High-stakes-epic-war-vibe might not like it.

9. rodimuspm

rodimuspm Well-Known Member

I watch it because it the only Transformers anything that's on. Well with that said, RiD should have been much better, with animation, characters, and storyline. Prime was the best show...period. I'm ready for the fan made Transformers Prime Galvatron Revenge.

10. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Your call. To me, its a disappointment considering its a sequel story to Prime. I find it tedious, every episode is the same. They pick on Decepticon signals, they find them and then arrest them at the end.