Worth Watching?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by fiire_dragon_88, May 28, 2016.

1. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I've been taking an all around TF hiatus for a couple of years, but am now getting back into the game.

I loved TF Prime, but every time I catch the "new" RID on television it just looks so..... bad. I'm not sure if it's the bad frame rate or the more kid-friendly tone. I know they went light because it's a kids show. I fully understand that since that is their core market, even if rescue bots already exists.

So if I were deciding whether to binge it or not, is it worth it? Does the overall plot hold up? That's what it came down to for TF Energon with me. It looked bad, and the toys sucked, but it had a story driven plot that I enjoyed.

2. Acadia

Acadia gone

Depends on who you ask here. To me, it not that good compared to Prime due to the total shift in tone. It might not be terrible, but it certainly is completely different from Prime.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

This is the same people who made Prime and Rescue Bots, so there's barely any plot to hold up.

4. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

I rewatched S1 and marathon'ed S2 of RiD now. I think that Prime was nearly perfect with real stakes while RiD has it strengths but with out of character moments of the old cast and it really hurts the overall experience with both shows.

I mean, seriously. I don't think that Bee would ever forget about Raf from the first series. He would at least stay in contact with him on a regular basis. Ditto for the rest of the prime-crew. It is so disgraceful torwards its first show, even when it has been toned down for a more kid-friendly show. I still cannot believe that the same team works on this series.

While S2 is a improvement over S1 I can now finally appreciate how good TF:p  really, really was.

5. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    The every episode has the same plot: the Autobots pick a Decepticon signal, they come and say the Decepticon to surrender. The Decepticon defeats them and leave- the Autobots resolve into utter hatred towards this Decepticon and chase him again, untill they beat one guy by a large group the way this Decepticon would have died, if it wasn't a chidren show.
    The main villain character of Season One just stumbled across the air and died...
    You need to be really unpretentious or versatile to receive your enjoyment from this show.

The only point this show was spotted about: every story tries to teach a thing that would only suit your mind, if you have no brain in your head. Or if you are not older than three years from your birth

And if you have been looking for TF fan art, you might have seen that the main point of this show for older audience is: attractive characters.

So I had my joy from this show's adventures and humour, but I don't think I would ever find it posible to reccomed this show to a TF's adult fan.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  6. Acadia

Acadia gone

Prime had those kind of characters too, but in more limited quantities.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love this show. It's just a lot of fun with a wide variety of unique characters. The basic plot of each ep is the same (while slowly building a continuous sub-plot in the background), but the characters are what makes this show. My wife & I are in the process of rewatching season 1 right now, & it's still good on the 2nd watch.

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

It's pretty formulaic for the most part, but personally, I find it highly enjoyable. The characters are fun, the designs for the Decepticons are interesting, the villains are pretty cool, there's this really funny running gag surrounding Bumblebee trying to find a rallying cry, and there are even a few guest appearances from Prime characters, one of which I know caught me off guard. Of course, you'll have your own take on it, but I think it's worth watching.

My younger sister thinks all TF: Prime robots are weirdly attractive.

9. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

If you've seen two or three episodes of RID, you've seen what you're going to get out of the show. There's nothing deeper going on in the show. It is what it is.

10. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    It's not worth it.

11. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof Dr Wily

I liked a few episodes but the ones without steeljaw's pack sucked, I hate how everything is centered on the autobots and humans.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's a very apt example of "your mileage may vary." If it looks like you won't enjoy it, you probably won't enjoy it. But it couldn't hurt to watch an episode or two to be sure.

13. Hounds Belly

Hounds Belly Well-Known Member

if you liked TF animated's silly humor, the yes..

if you loved TF primes dark story and really developed characters and plotlines.. no. not at all.

14. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked TF Animated. The difference is that Anmated had me hooked from the very first episode (I went from being completely disinterested in it to eagerly hunting down every Animated figure I could find). RID, on the other hand, started off a little slow, but it eventually grew on me. I like the actually good-hearted delinquent Sideswipe (I really want to see what RID's Sunstreaker is like) and his rivalry with his 'other' sibling Strongarm . I like 'I don't think I'm a criminal' Grimlock. I like 'I just to make a home for me and my buddies' Steeljaw. I especially like the fact that Bumblebee can talk again.

I find RID to be more fun than Prime, and I think it's Autobots are more interesting than the often grim war veterans from the earlier series (I still want them to drop by and visit Bumblebee and his new crew, though). Also while we still have Decepticons trying to conquer the world, others have different interests. (We have a 'Con who thinks he's Zorro, trying to free animals from captivity).

RID brings something new. While it's basic approach is 'Let's Catch the Villain of the Week', we get a chance to see something different from the once-seemingly endless war between Optimus and Megatron. I do like the fact that they acknowledge the events of Prime, though (Animated and Beast Wars are my favourite TF series, but I did eventually become a fan of Prime as well, even if I didn't agree with some of the decisions they made concerning that series).

I want the series creators to continue building this new universe. I want Bumblebee and his gang to visit other worlds. I want to see more of the Primes, the other Dinobots, Cybertron in peacetime. And maybe, we'll even get to see Autobot Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have absolutely no idea how you could find Energon a story-driven show, and thus I have absolutely no way of gauging how to suggest anything to you.

16. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Eh. The earlier episodes were pretty good, but since Optimus came back as a recurring character, it tries too hard to be 'Prime 2; Electric Boogaloo'. That, plus Prime's subplot is both boring and pointless.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    If you have the time and have nothing but NOTHING to do...you might enjoy it.
    I didnt like it at all so my answer would be: Dont waste your time. xD But not everyone has the same taste so...yeh.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    True. The plots arent the most engaging. They where better in season one as you say.
    Plus the "lessons" to be learned are very after school special and in some cases very questionable:"dont be watchfull for the safety of the stuborn elderly man, he's not the one who is at risk. YOU are. Tatatuuuh!"
    Regardless. Its still a very entertaining show with lots of fresh interestin characters and the first non-irritating humans in a loooong time. I actually enjoy the Clays bumbling competitive savvy underdog characters very much.

19. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Datsun Bro TFW2005 Supporter

I might give it another spin...it is the summer, after all. I have nothing better to do.

I would say just try it out. If you don't like it, oh well.

20. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Watch it and make up your own mind. For every person who says the sky is blue, there are a dozen calling it cerulean.

Btw guys- we can see silver text. Trying to hide rulebreaking by using silver text doesn't work.