WORST Transformers voices

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golobulus, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Worst - thats easy.

Wheelie is bar far the WORST. I can't stand that bot! Still, Rumble and the one Megatron (thankfully) left on Cybertron in the very first G1 episode are also annoying.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't know, i don't think wheelie was that bad, he was just annoying. but i believe welker was just preforming the character he was asked to do, and i believe he did it well, i think it's the writers fault, and not the actor.

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bud from Galaxy Force. The VA (whatever her name is)'s fake innocent child voice was painful.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I Like all The voice work Their all well done except for a few

Energon Snowcat-He sounded like he was a Swiss wissy

Cybertron Override-He sounds do deep for a Femebot well in Japan Male their'

Energon Wing Saber-He sounded to Southern and was a wet blanket Cybetron wins

Robot Masters Dub Optimus Primal-He sounded like King kong to Much John Patrick should die

G1 Blurr-I can't understand whatever He says

Energon Unicron-They Made him as Retarted as Grimlock,Tryripticon and Wheelie all put together

G1 Powerglide-I like The voice but sometimes he sounded snotty

R.i.D Megatron-He yells alot he got a Temper problem

Energon Shockblast-He sounded like Hanibal Leucter

5. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I think it depends on the quality of the accent and how well it fits the character. For example, G1 Ironhide's Southern accent. This character embodies that tough, old, Southern gentleman. Or Rattrap's NY accent relfects his sarcastic attitude so well. When the accent helps the personality of the character come alive I think it works very well. But an accent for the sake of an accent or so all your characters don't sound the same is bad voice acting - case in point like you said Drummond doing Jetfire instead of Scott.

6. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

Annoying voice: Wheelie definitely sticks out for me. Can't comment on either Energon or Cybertron since i hardly watched the english versions, just the japanese ones.

One thing about the accents: as far as i know (read it somewhere, dunno anymore where) they also used different accents in the japanese original (aka Galaxy Force), one just can't tell without knowing enough japanese ^^ since it all sounds foreign and unknown. I don't know enough about it, but to me the way some of he bots talked definitely sounded like it could be accounted to different accents. Could be i just said something completely wrong, but as i said, i don't really know about those things, just taking guesses.

As far as i know the japanese makers of the show also insisted on using the different accents in the english dub.

7. ricprime

ricprime Banned

20m anniversary prime stand voice. "Awtobwots, twansfown and woll out!"

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. Between Kurt Wagner, Quatre Raberba Winner, and Dearka Elthsman, I think he's got a bit of range to him...

9. Veritechnium

Veritechnium Well-Known Member

Yeh, thats why I don't let people push the button....

10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Nothing against the Japanese, but every TF ep. I watched in Japanese sounds like the bots are really pissed off, really need to take a dump, or both. GALAZEE COVOY...TRASAFORM...UNNNGGGGHHH...DROP DEUCE! I'm sure it would make a lot more sense to me if I understood the language and culture, though. :D 

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has got to be G1 Galvatron for me...I couldn't stand his high pitched voice...arrghhh...

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Oh God, I hate her. She made Bud sound like a REAL ASSHOLE when he was encouraging the dying Vector Prime to keep going.

Btw, can you (or ANYBODY) explain to me the alledged joke in the scene where Coby and Lori argue about machines being alive or not, and then Bud comes over with a cup of water and tells she's so fiery so she needs to cool down, leading her to laugh for no apparent reason and accidently splash water on Coby's bike, causing him to freak out for no apparent reason. Maybe he never washes his bike.

I assume the joke was lost in translation, but I didn't know what the hell was going on.

13. Devil-Gigatron

Devil-Gigatron Destronger Dark Emperor

The Gigantia characters were Scottish and Irish accents. I think Metroplex was the Irish accent.

Worst voice evar- RiD Megatron! that voice annoyed me more than snowcat and the yolddoing(sp?)

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the subbed GF episode, but what you quoted sounds like a good translation. The direct translation of what Bud is saying is like Lori is getting too heated/hot so she needs to cool herself. You might know it already, but someone becoming heated/hot means that someone is getting worked up (over something).
    I don't really understand why Lori starts laughing, though I assume she laughed because cute little Bud tries to act cool....
    I have no idea why Coby freaked out over splashed water, either. The dialogue was there just to emphasize his sympathy towards machines. Worked that way or not.

And I totally agree with you about the scene with V Prime. That made me so sad in a wrong way.

15. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i hated Cybertron Jetfire and Cybertron Sideways.
    Jetfire sounded Australian...Let's cook some fish on the barbie!!!

and Sideways sounds like a gangster...not the evil, manipulative decepticon i saw in Armada.

almost forgot to say i HATE the voice from the 20th Anniversary Prime.

16. Nightfire

Nightfire Member

He had just finished cleaning and maintaining it, so he got angry over the fact it was dirtied again.

17. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

The hell are you talking about? Car Robots Gigatron maybe, but Rid's Megatron was fine. Nothing stuck out particularly, other than he had a deep and raspy voice.

I do hate RiD scourge's voice thought. He sounded like he had a cold, constantly

18. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The funny thing about that is that is Frank Welker doing the voice :lol 

Galvatro

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Please do not ressurrect zombie threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.