Worst Transformers Toy You’ve Ever Owned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldToaster, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Titaniums GI Joe Megatron, he's so bad I love him and keep him as a reminder of how bad a toy can be. It also make other figures seem so much better, with just a simple glance in his direction.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every single one step figure I bought

• Like Like x 1
  3. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    MP-36 Megatron, I paid all that money for him, he has that complicated transformation scheme, and then his submarine mode doesn't even look like a submarine! It like they didn't even try!

• Like Like x 11
  4. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Submarine?

• Like Like x 2
  5. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It’s a joke. Like SixShot didn’t have a gun mode, but a submarine mode that looked like an upside-down space gun.

Armada Sideswipe’s sin is having such a good-looking alt mode for such an awful-looking robot mode. Although I own him, I don’t consider him the worst. That honor probably goes to that Classics OP the 2-pack. Unnecessary punching gimmick and non-retractable legs. Who made that decision?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Right.

7. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Yep, Titans Return Sixshot had his laser gun mode rebranded as a "submarine" for... reasons, literally just the laser gun upside down, so it's become a bit of a running joke to refer to any gun mode, realistic or not, as a submarine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kamui

Kamui All hail Galvatron

Generations selects nightbird, and by extension the siege chromia mold in general
    Bloody awful,
    horribly floppy legs, projectile panties, the entire car hanging off of her back+legs.
    the alt mode hood snapped clean off the hinges first transformation too

• Like Like x 3
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    This thing sorely disappointed me as a kid. A whopping 0 points of articulation.

I present to you the failure that is G2 Bulletbike:
    IMG_3359.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  10. PurpleStuf

PurpleStuf Pastor of Muppets

News Credits:
    sounds like a hentai gameshow :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  11. wazzzzzpinator

wazzzzzpinator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got through inspecting/transforming my collection for insurance reasons, and a few made me say "why did i buy this??"- Armada hot shot, Airachnid, of course, generations (?) Backstop, and titanium War Within optimus prime all come to mind off the top of my head of the 650 or so i went through. And while i still like the figure, DOTM leader sentinel frustrated the crap out of me because I hadn't transformed him back into truck mode in years and it took me about a half hour to try and remember how. (Rotf prime and mixmaster, on the other hand, muscle memory took over and i had them done in like two minutes each).

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Apparently I've posted in here before but I don't remember... Anyway... depends what you mean by worst Transformers toy... Does it have to be official or do knock offs count?

Cause if Knock Offs count than...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is why I don't complain about the hollow plastic with the official Transformers figures. You can't tell from these pictures but having actually owned this figure I can tell you from experience that every inch of this guy is completely hallow. The plastic is paper thin. It LOOKS solid until you open him up for the transformation. The torso opens so you can swap the heads. Transmetal Optimus Primal transforms in a similar way except the cavity inside his torso is just big enough to fit one head at a time depending on which mode you have him in. There's still a thickness to the plastic despite that cavity that only exists to accommodate the Transformation. This guy has enough space you can actually fit BOTH heads inside the torso at the SAME TIME and still have empty space. Same thing with the hands which again transform very similar to the Transmetal version where you open the forearms and swap the fists around. Except again on the official Transmetal figure the cavity in the arms is just big enough to accommodate the Transformation and no more. There's still a thickness to the plastic. This thing pictured here is made of PAPER THIN plastic. Not only that, but the mechanism on which those parts are attached are so loose they can easily come off completely. The heads are just on friction hinges but the plastic is so cheap and thin they have no friction to hold them in place. It takes no effort at all to remove them from the hinges. They stay on better when the torso is actually closed as that makes the connection a bit more secure but they still wobble a little bit. The hands are held in place by a screw and again very loose they're not going to fall off like the heads will during transformation but you have to be very careful not to break the paper thin plastic around the screws.

Oh and those panels on his arms I believe are suppose to be reversed in beast mode... they're just pegged in.

The same know off toy line also had Japanese exclusive characters in it like Lio Convoy, Heinrad (and from the looks of him it appeared like the clock was just painted on rather than the official toy which actually can function as a real working alarm clock... which from what I've heard requires you to transform him into robot mode cause the switch to shut off the alarm can't be accessed in Beast Mode. I've never owned the figure myself so I can't confirm this but it was mentioned on the Wiki page for RID2001 because Koji has a Heinrad alarm clock in universe which he proceeded to shut off in beast mode. It was put in as a reference and wasn't really a transformer in that cartoon but the wiki still felt the need to point out how the real life toy actually functions.)

I'm not sure how the BWII and Neo characters scale to their official versions since I've never seen the official figures but I did notice the line also included an over sized Rattrap. It was the season 1 toy design which officially was a basic class figure but the knock off appeared to scale with Deluxe class figures. I didn't buy any other figures from that toy line, though I really liked the designs for the Japanese characters and first learned about them because of those knock offs... but after seeing Optimus Primal I assume there was probably more of that cheap paper thin hollow plastic across the entire line. That figure just ruined the entire toy line for me... and pretty much all knock off toy lines.

Now if we're going to talk about Official Transformers figures...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I love the designs... I love the concept... Cyberwarp even managed to very quickly become one of my favorite characters in the show given how little screen time she actually has... but these figures just do not do them justice. Plus I hate that the limbs are the same mold. The legs at least use colors I can see but the arms look EXACTLY the same so I literally can't even tell which one is Cyberwarp. It's weird having a figure of one of my favorite characters and not even knowing what figure she is because there's another figure that looks exactly like her except for a slightly different head sculpt. It's a little easier to tell them apart in robot mode because the head sculpts are different but here's the thing... the packaging and instructions even got their names mixed up and they're so similar I didn't notice... the wiki pointed that out!

I wish the designs for Shockdrive and Warnado had been used for the other two limbs. You can KINDA make the legs of Shocknado work as a foot for Galvatronus but then his leg is too long even when mistransforming the hip on one side to make him stand more evenly he still ends up with a leg that's just too long. And there's no way to make either of them work as an arm. I've tried... it just doesn't work... that's literally the only reason I got Shocknado in the first place was because I was determined to TRY to make them work as replacement limbs for Galvatronus.

That's not the only reason they're bad figures though. Cyclonus has no hands. That gun can store on his vehicle mode but he can't hold it in robot mode, there's no place to put it except being held by the Galvatron or stored in vehicle mode. Cyclonus in his own robot mode can't hold his gun. The shoulders don't stay connected. It'd hold together OK if you're standing him on a shelf but any sort of movement at all will easily pop those shoulders out of place... And by shoulders I mean what are actually Cyclonus' arms folded up to form the shoulders of Galvatronus. Theres nothing really holding them in that position so they constantly keep trying to unfold back into Cyclonus' arms. More so on whichever side you have holding the gun because they can't handle the extra weight.

The combiner head constantly wants to to flip out when you don't want it to. Getting him into any mode other than Galvatronus is a pain in the aft because of that thing being spring loaded. That black piece on his stomach is suppose to be the trigger for it but I've never actually had to press that button, it doesn't even stay locked in position... like AT ALL! It's literally ALWAYS trying to flip up regardless of that button being pressed or not.

Articulation is terrible. The only way you're getting a knee bend is if you pull his legs off. What little articulation they do have... like you can see Shocknado has elbow... they won't hold in any position. Everything is spring loaded for the gimmick so any part that does move is always going to spring back to the same position again. You can't pose them, how they look in those photos is exactly how they look on my shelf... except I put the gun in the other hand...

And the plastic quality... they feel like that cheap knock off I mentioned earlier... It's hard to describe exactly how something FEELS and a lot of people have mentioned this in reviews... but they just aren't good figures.

They might not be the worst figures ever made... I'm pretty sure Cyberverse has made worse... but they're the worst figures I own. I usually avoid that gimmick stuff but as I said, I really liked Cyberwarp in the show, I really like the design and concept of the Galvatronus combiner but I kind of wish I had gotten the Combiner Wars version instead... though there's no Combiner Wars Cyberwarp... Galvatronus has completely different limb bots... So I'd need to not only get me a Combiner Wars Cyclonus but also figure out which limb bots to use to fill out the rest of the combiner and customize them into the RID2015 characters to actually get a version of them I would like. I wander if anyone else might of had the same idea and already done this... It has been a while since RID2015 and Combiner Wars Galvatronus were released and I know I'm not the only person who was unhappy with the RID2015 toy line. In fact a lot of people hated that toy line MORE than I did. I didn't have a problem with the Warrior Class figures because they didn't have the stupid gimmicks the rest of the toy line was plagued with. I have a few of the Warrior class figures and Soundwave had a bit of thin plastic syndrome in his chest but in his case it was to accommodate the transformation. Other than that I loved those figures. Things got worse in Cyberverse as now the Warrior class also has stupid gimmicks. The Spark Armor figures are OK because the gimmick is contained within a separate piece so the main figure isn't hindered by it. And the Deluxe Class BAF figures have mostly been good except for the lackluster paint job on Hot Rod and the the annoying transformation on Grimlock but over all still better than the RID2015 combiners.

I don't mind gimmicks when they actually WORK... like I loved Armada... I hated the cartoon series but I'm talking about the toy line here... all of those things were basically bricks. Severely hindered do to gimmicks... but I loved them because their gimmicks actually work as intended and they were solid figures that didn't feel cheap and fragile like the RID2015 combiners do... and their spring loaded gimmicks don't just hinder their articulation... they also fail to actually function properly. I don't think it's a QC issue with mine because I've looked at a lot of reviews and everyone seems to be having the same issues with the figures that I am. Even a few people who weirdly LIKE the figures... I don't know why... I'm not sure they do either... still admit they have problems. So yeah... I've mostly avoided these recently waves of cheap problematic gimmick figures, the ones pictured above are the only ones I actually own and the thread is worst figures I own not worst figures I've SEEN. I'm know there are worse figures out there... I just don't own them.

I don't think there is anything worse than that Optimus Primal though... Let me know when you find a figure that's worse than something that has the same strength as an empty soda can...

• Like Like x 1
  13. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Anything with gold plastic syndrome. My Transmetal Megatron shattered. So did the gold waist piece of the Superion repaint of Sixwing.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generations Windblade. That piece of shit couldn't stand up for nothing. I could breathe in the next room of my apartment and that crap would fucking fall over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 number one Bangles fan on the boards

News Credits:
    My answer, too. I got him half-off at the local TRU back in the day and I still feel ripped off to this day! I mean open clips on those metal slabs of legs! What the fuck were they thinking? And that's the tip of the proverbial iceberg with this thing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to think airrachnid was bad but i gotta say SS ROTF Soundwave is the lowest bar ever.

17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Yeah, he was awful. Sideswipe may have been worse except he was cheaper.

For me I'd have to toss in the Energon Dinobots - just cheap looking, cheap feeling, unfun.

And the Power Core Combiner teams were... ugh.

Oh, and Revenge of the Fallen Scavenger. What a hunk of crap.

18. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    I'm GENERALLY very choosy about what bots I buy... but every so often, my inner magpie takes over, and I just need the shiny thing in my collection. This has led me to:

2007 Movie Legends Starscream. This was the first non-Beast Wars figure I ever received, WAAAY back when I first got into collecting... and he damn near put me off ever trying any non-Beastformer ever again. You can buy horrible chinese off-brand Transformers with awful plastic that are better-designed and more fun than this thing.

Power Core Combiner Double Clutch. I'm actually a bit of an apologist to the Power Core Combiners, some of those guys are actually quite nice. Not Double Clutch, though. He's trash.

Universe Ironhide. Not much needs to be said. You all know.

ROTF Supreme Devastator. Ugh, I paid SO MUCH for that guy, only to be soundly disappointed by the misshapen garbage heap. Fortunately, SS Devastator has made up for the sins of his father.

Generations Windblade. Neat design, but it weighs nothing, can't stand, barely poses, and doesn't hold together in jet mode. I DO like the design, and I'd love to get a PROPER Generations Windblade at some point. If only the TR Windblade wasn't so freaking pricy.

Studio Series Motorcycle Sisters. Man... these three are bad. Like... REALLY bad. I realize they're meant to be in-scale with the rest of the line... but they're too damn small for their transformation, and they just fall apart.

Thrilling 30 Blitzwing. Man, this guy was bad, even on his own. But putting him in the same wave as freaking Springer? That's just the most unfair comparison you could ever give him. At least the TR version was much better.

I'm sure there are other, worse figures I could put on here. BM Silverbolt, Armada Sideswipe, Airachnid, but fortunately, I had enough sense to skip those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Vintage camero Studio series Bumblebee is kinda a floppy mess but my world war 2 Bee can barely stand up, which is odd as all the tolerances on WW2 Hot Rod are perfectly fine.

20. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara Hades Megatron was so floppy in the hip joints. One time I picked him up & wiggled him in frustration, it was like wiggling a wet noodle. He was such a cool concept but things like that ruin what should be an awesome toy. The bat micron plastic was soft and weak & had stress marks, I even tried soaking that bat micron in beer but nothing helped its stressing :D  *BOOOOOO*
    I just put it on the shelf against the wall so it could stand & wouldn't touch it. That's not a good toy at all. I hope Hasbro fixed those issues in their Hades megatron.