Worst Transformers Toy You’ve Ever Owned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldToaster, Jan 2, 2019.

1. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

tlk Slash. I got him only because a promo code made him basically free. Such a waste because his alt mode was decent.

2. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    POTP Jazz is horrible and cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    TFTM Jazz is the worst jazz offender.

4. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I regret getting the Bay Dinobots. Never would have thought that there would be better versions close to the G1 characters a few years later.

• Like Like x 3
  5. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I thought DOTM Leader Ironhide was a waste of money. Nice gimmicks but hampered articulation and for me, a frustrating transformation where nothing wanted to stay in place.

6. PanduhmusPrime

PanduhmusPrime Professional Face-Ripper

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At least studio series did lockdown some justice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

That Millennium Falcon transformer(s) that Takara put out last year. I liked the Vader figure so I ordered the Falcon. It cost WAY more than Vader and they screwed up the paint weathering big time. It looks terrible.

8. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This exactly. I bought the AoE "Generations" Dinobots because I didn't think we would ever see any true Classic Dinobots (outside of only Grimlock) any time soon. I remember when the Platinum release of the AoE G1 repaints hit at Ross for $50 I was desperately trying to find one but never saw it. Luckily it was a moot point thanks to POTP though. While I do regret getting the AoE Dinobots overall, I don't mind Scorn and Strafe so much. Slash though, he is easily added to my worst list.

Another addition I'd like to add to my worst list are Siege Roadhandler and Swindler. The legs are loose and keep popping off on mine. Swindler's arm movement is severely limited and I don't know why but I cannot get Roadhandler to line up right. His car front wont sit straight the legs keep untabbing when I have them folded over in car mode. Their combined weapon mode, I will not say anything about.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    Energon towline. He is an abomination of a figure, can power linx to himself, is a mini van that can tow other cars?

The best part of him was his SDCC Ironhide repaint, which is better than the Universe ironhide (man thats horrible to say).

I feel bad for Armada with the amout of hate its getting in this thread, do we not remember the horrids that were Energon? I am surprised energon didnt end transformers right then in there. Almost all the bad figures that are coming to mind are energon figures. Energon Hotshot? his head comes up in my nightmares.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

If official Transformers only... RID Combiner Force Galvatronus and Shocknado. They could have been awesome figures with better engineering but the overly simplified designs ruined it.

If Knock Offs count, I have a Beast Machines Optimus Primal that's completely hollow inside. It looks more show accurate than the official BM Primal I have but it's so cheaply made I don't display it. I just keep it around as a reminder why I don't buy knock offs anymore.

11. Bakuformer00

Bakuformer00 Autobot Servant

To be honest...ROTF Blazemaster had potential! He transforms into a News Copter which never happened on other TFs, being a good alt-mode concept... But when I got him for one buck on my local swap meet without the rotors...I actually loved him, don't judge me...but there is a Figure I really despised....ooh boy....I had so many potential for a figure I really wanted....and that was ROTF Cannon Bumblebee....oh my gosh...he was everything I wanted besides the chest not being transformed at all....but when I got him with my hard earned cash...he broke as my 9 year old self..with joints so stiff.....got another one from Target, the DOTM Exclusive one and it had the same problem...so I decided to leave that hunk of pieces alone, left him on an unwanted bag...That's why I stick to my DOTM Bee to be my movie trilogy childhood figure...because he is plain amazement.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    To each their own... cannon bumblebee was thee figure that got me back into transformers since RiD2001.

Amazing still, as it was then.

I'll admit though - I wasn't a ham-fisted 9 year old and knew how to restrain myself if something wasn't working out. ;) 

YMMV. :thumb 

13. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

This tumor 1227E560-5744-44D0-BF95-047B4AE0931D.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    LOL - the third version of that mold nominated. I honestly forgot this even existed as well!

• Like Like x 5
  15. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    TF Prime Aracnid.

She had such a cool design on the show , and for as good as the majority of Prime fighres were, she was executed horribly. I could imagine she would be done justice now, but jesus she sucked.

Honorable mention, Generations Windblade.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Anything from Armada.

17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I was going to post the original version of that mold!

• Like Like x 2
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That thing isn't transformed correctly. It's not much better when it is but there is a worse figure in that toy line...

Thrust... the worst gimmick of the entire toy line. He's decently possible if you aren't using the gimmick unlike some other figures but he also has no real hands and just looks dumb so it's hard to put him in any sort of pose that doesn't look completely horrible.

Most Armada toys are bricks but I still enjoy their gimmicks anyway... except Thrust.

19. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

I actually like Thrust, Cybertron Runamuck just looks like a deranged penguin with car parts hanging off of it. Honestly Cybertron Runamuck has the worst robot mode I’ve ever seen.

20. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    When I was a kid I wanted him so much cos the car was cool
    I am so glad mum said no now even though I’d have fun trying to improve him it’d take a god to make it good