WORST transformers show!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Barricade fan 9000, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Barricade fan 9000

Barricade fan 9000 Banned

What do you think is the worst transformers show EVER!

I hate robots in disguise it was so boring and stupid and bumblebee was ruined. And all of the decepticons were dumb and sideswipe is a jerk and mean like sentinal prime

Energon also sucks SO BAD I couldn’t even watch the first episode COMPLETELY!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna give it to Headmasters. That show is a slog to get through. I tried to force myself to watch and always gave up halfway. RiD 2015 has at least some merit.

* Never watched Cyberverse so I can't attest to its merits. But I heard some people like it and many others hate it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Probably Headmastera at leats Cyber missions and the prime wars trilogy had something's this is just a weird show.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

For me personally, it would be a tie between Headmasters, Transformers Prime and Energon.

I still dislike Animated due to the amount of unnecessary fanservice it had and because of wasted or mishandled concepts, but it was saved from being tied as my least favorite series due to at least trying to use good concepts despite failing completely at using them (having the Elite Guard as a thorn for our heroes is a good idea, but they made them complete buffoons, so I could never understand why these people became the finest force on Cybertron, and the Starscream clones were just a superfluous and rather clumsy attempt at fanservice).

Headmasters and Prime are just the same. They are bland shows with unlikeable characters that the big heads wanted you to like (TFP Arcee and Headmasters Chromedome are equally unrelatable and irritating), and in Headmasters, it doesn't help that the characters are all one-dimensional. They had merits (Headmasters had Doublecross, while TFP brought us Knock Out, Silas and a rather interesting take on Smokescreen that still keeps the essence of the original), but the bad outweighed the good.

Energon is just an incoherent mess all the way. I just couldn't understand what was happening most of the time. It made Armada (which was also a mess) tolerable, and that just shows the level of awfulness this show had. And Kicker... ugh.

There is also the Prime Wars trilogy, which for me was forgettable and completely boring.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    ENERGON

• Like Like x 1
  6. SkwarpCracker

SkwarpCracker Member

Either Energon or RID 2015

• Like Like x 3
  7. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime Wars Trilogy, at least I could laugh at some bad Transformers shows. Prime Wars Trilogy takes all the worst problems in previous shows, condenses them into super short episodes, and then makes them more noticeable than they've ever been. Combine that with terrible production values, and it's mind boggling.

A plot about a war that feels so empty I thought it was a smaller version of Beast Wars' war. We have Combiners who barely classify as combiners, unsympathetic/terrible characters beyond Megatron and maybe Perceptor, and finally undeserved plot twists and lame references. The entire story reads like first drafts that were quickly finalized. It's not even good as a toy ad, because usually toy ads make you want to buy the toy.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Green Starscream hahaha

Green Starscream hahaha Banned

Shows ranked best to worst from my experience with them summer up with a couple of words

Best
    .Animated: I absolutely love this show. The characters where enjoyable, The decepticons where absolute units, the plot was awesome and it wasn’t afraid at all to take risk. It remains my most favorite TF show to date. It’s a shame the 4th season never saw the light of day.

.Beast wars: my second favorite, Similar to animated it has likable characters, good villains and a decent plot. I’d highly recommend this show despite the dated cgi.

.Prime: It’s really overrated but I really enjoyed it nothing less. Sure it could get boring at times but you got to admit the action scenes and battles were top notch.

.G1: it’s a classic enjoyable cartoon,The animation goofs and continuity errors are actually pretty funny imo. It’s definitely showing it’s age but it maintains its enjoyment.

.Armada: best of the unicorn trilogy, I could care less about the other two shows. It also has my favorite incarnation of starscream imo.

.cyberverse: The show has gotten fairly decent since season 2. I don’t see why people hate this show so much. It’s aimed at a younger Audience with a touch of fan service but it’s still enjoyable.

.RID 2001: This show is alright. I just find it kinda strange for some reason. You can skip over this show imo. I honestly don’t care for it. Sky byte was cool though.

.Beast machines: it’s a mixed bag for me. My feelings for this show is complicated but it has a lot of highs and lows. The best I can describe it is mediocre. I just have so many things to describe this....thing..

.victory: The same feelings I have with RID 2001. Ok but I wouldn’t want to watch it again any time soon. But the animation it has is great. A big step up from g1.

.cybertron: Another mediocre show. The cgi kinda made it unwatchable for me. Even beast wars which is an older show had way better cgi than this. Other than the visuals the plot is fairly interesting but it falls flat for trying to maintain the interest I have for it. This is a good example of a glorified toy commercial.

.RID 2015: A sequel series to prime that feels more like a spinoff. I honestly really don’t like this show at all. I tried to like it but I just don’t. Similar to my opinion on beast machines I have a lot of things to describe and criticize about this show but it’s far more negative.

.Prime wars trilogy: Titans return,power of the primes, And combiner wars ALL suck major donkey balls. Choppy frame animation,barren surroundings,Horrible stories it’s just all around bad. It also ruined windblade for me. She just felt like a marry sue in this. Like take everything I don’t like about prime Arcee and make it into a separate character and prime wars windblade is born. I despise this trilogy with a passion.

.Headmasters: The English dub for this is god awful. Just astonishingly awful voice acting and sound mixing, But no not even the original version is good. It’s just straight up BORING. It’s like generation 1 with all the cheese in it gone moldy and stale. That’s the best I can describe this crappy show.

.Energon: This has to be the worst tf cartoon that has been created by mankind. Avoid at all cost. Shitty animation? Check. Terrible characters? Check! Forced gimmicks and blatant advertising? Check! Hilariously bad dubbing and animation errors? Check! Lazy and terrible story? Check! Annoying human companion? Check! Energon has about EVERY SINGLE negative aspect a transformers show could ever have to date. This is the embodiment of a soulless toy commercial. Hell even the theme song is just straight up soulless as well! It doesn’t even have any lyrics it just some dude yelling the microphone "transformers more than meets the eye" over and over again. God awful show.
    Worst

Sorry for the long post....:confused2 

• Like Like x 12
  9. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Energon. 'Nuff said.

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    A tie between Cyberverse and the Machinima trilogy, easily.

Super Link is at least watchable at the bare minimum, plus we got some good figures out of it as well. Cyberverse has just clogged the shelves with cheaply made crap, and the Machinima Trilogy just... absolute trash.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Prime and the Prime Wars Trilogy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheUltimateBum

The Prime Wars trilogy is so forgettable that I had to add it to my previous post. Seriously, some of TFP's awful stuff is hard to forget, but I literally forgot the Prime Wars trilogy (hence why I originally neglected to mention it). All I remember about it is the mishandling of Rodimus and Windblade, but all the other stuff was pretty unmemorable and it just plodded.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Beast Wars 2 and Beast Wars Neo but i have to say Beast Wars and Beast Machines are my least favourites.
    Energon may be worse but my brain blanks most of it out.

• Like Like x 2
  14. rodimuspm

rodimuspm Well-Known Member

Actually the worst transformers cartoon series is G1, because it's from the 80s. Next is Transformers Robot in disguise 2001 version. The characters were stupid, and Optimus by far, the the weakest prime in all the series. I only like Energon because Rodimus was a badass, other than that it was awful as well. Kicker and that WHINING ironhide..... But for those who been complaining about Cyberverse, i can understand the graphics of the characters, but the storyline is AMAZING! Especially season 3, but just like with anything in life, you cant please everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheUltimateBum

I don't really think that is a good reason to rank it as bad. Sure, it had flaws, but I don't think being from a certain era qualifies it as bad. Hell, I've seen and heard stuff like the Jack Benny Program which are from the 40's and 50's and does that make them bad?

• Like Like x 9
  16. Green Starscream hahaha

Green Starscream hahaha Banned

One more I missed.

Transformers cyber missions.

It’s laughably bad just like energon. It has better cgi but it has almost all of the problems energon has and even WORSE than it too. Now that’s an incredible feat. The voice acting is on par with the headmasters dub. Just shitty. And the plot is just nonexistent and the writing is so god awful that it makes head masters and the prime wars trilogy seem like they were written by Shakespeare, This show is just straight up one dimensional,shallow and cringe worthy.

I honestly baffled people say prime is the worst show yet laughable abominations like cyber missions and energon exist. I’m honestly think people over exaggerate there hate for prime tbh.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon, the prime wars trilogy , cybertron and rid 2015( my god wasn’t this show disappointing)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Of the ones I've seen, definitely Combiner Wars. Combiner Wars isn't just the worst Transformers fiction to me, but it's probably the single worst professionally made piece of entertainment I've ever seen from any company. Like, some amateur fanficions and fanfilms are better. Combiner Wars is one of the few pieces of entertainment I've seen that I have trouble finding any enjoyment in whatsoever. The story is horrible, the writing is bad, and it's visually ugly. The big twists are "Starscream is a traitor" and "Megatron turns into a gun". It's really not even so bad it's good, aside from maybe parts of the over-the-top finale.

• Like Like x 6
  19. TheUltimateBum

Damn son!!! Now that was truly awful!!!

That is just pure toy advertising and nothing more. Also, like the Prime Wars trilogy, it's just forgettable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Beast machines.

• Like Like x 6