1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Transformers In Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GoldToaster, Jan 6, 2019.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TLK. The lack of Optimus/Nemesis Prime hurts me everytime I watch it

2. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Cause Optimus was not in the movie long enough

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The Last Knight

Movie was terrible

Toy Line was terrible

I won't even mention poor Advertising.

4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fans treat it like it's a cinematic masterpiece, when in reality, it's a 90 minute Star Wars rip-off that has a poor story-telling, blatant 80's cheese that's far too much for its own good, cringy dialogue, no character development, and makes no effort to treat it's characters as anything more than merchandise to profit off of.

1. It's funny how people, especially the most hardcore G1 fans, always say that Michael Bay and the production team don't understand Transformers, yet this movie is the biggest culprit of that. They shamelessly kill off the original cast in the first 10 minutes merely to make more toys, and worst of all is how extremely and unashamedly open they were about it. People claim Bay didn't know the source material? Maybe, but he never sunk as low as this (from the special features of the 20th Anniversary DVD release):
    G1Prob.png
    2. It has little-to-no plot. The only real plot is Unicron messing with Galvatron through out, but otherwise it's literally just the Autobots planet hopping. There's literally a scene were they all break into dancing to "Dare To Be Stupid" while robo-satan is about to destroy Cybertron.
    3. The 80's cheese is too over-the-top, even for the 80's.
    4. There's no character development. At all. I mean, at least in AOE Optimus has something to work with and is given some type of development through out the film. The closest we get to that here is Hot Rod, and all he is, really, is a mary-sue.

The Autobots don't even go after the big-bad until the last 10 minutes since they spent the entire movie planet hopping or fighting a battle that ultimately had nothing to do with Unicron. It's all filler.

To paraphrase what a well known user has said in a previous thread (I cannot remember exactly who it was), if the 1986 movie is the golden standard for TF fans of what a TF movie should be, then we are all screwed as a fandom.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

I remember watching The Last Knight thinking they pretty much spliced all of the trailers released, made some filler, and then released the film

6. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Funny enough, this is my main reason for not really like the film. The original cast is killed off in mere minutes after literally being untouchable for two seasons. This is also the reason why I’ve always wondered why people like this film so much.

7. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    It's like everyone just ignores it!

And you know what? They wanted to kill of the original Autobots? Fine, but could they not have gone out in a more glorious way? Have them be the heroes of the movie, not Hot Rod and the new crew. Give the original bots one big final showdown against the ultimate enemy, Unicron, instead of killing them off in the beginning as if they were all canon fodder. Maybe keep Hot Rod as the new guy joining OP and his team, ultimately having Optimus passing on leadership unto him at the end. Then you can introduce the new guys at the end of the film as a new era dawns on Cybertron. That way you have a nice transition from old to new, with Hot Rod serving as a nice transition point. Preferably we don't replace the original cast, but if Hasbro really wanted to kill off everyone, at least do it with some dignity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

I'm sorry, remind me how AoE begins?

Oh, that's right, everybody fucking dies. Off screen. By humans and some metal faced jackass who isn't even part of the war.

At least TFTM had the stones to show them get killed by their proper enemies in battle instead of massacred off screen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Lets be honest, the only bots from the main cast we all REALLY cared about were Optimus, Bee, Ratchet, and Sideswipe.
    Optimus and Bee are alive. Sideswipe's fate is unknown. Ratchet went out with a bang, willing to sacrifice his life to keep Optimus safe from Lockdown.
    The reason the others were killed is tied to the overall story. The people Optimus and the Autobots fought and sacrificed for betrayed them big time. There was a reason to their deaths. Meanwhile, in the original '86 film they were killed just 'cuz.
    The way the bots were offed in the original film were done much more shamelessly and pointlessly.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Not to mention...Wheeljack and Windcharger are only shown as bodies in Autobot City; their deaths are never actually shown.

Huffer...mentioned as dead in "Dark Awakening." Never once shown dying.

Many other robots never show up once after the movie, and are presumed dead based on story-boards or have unknown fates.

Cliffjumper is shown surviving the movie, yet never appears again in the U.S. continuity at least. Granted, that may largely have been due to Kasem's departure, but still.

Shockwave is seen telling Decepticons to escape, but we never see him die or see him again.

I like the 1986 movie a lot as a part of the cartoon series, but not as a movie really if that makes sense. It introduced a lot of cool things, and it's fun when viewed as several cartoon episodes string together, and I love it, but as a movie? Meh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    Better prepare me some popcorn :popcorn 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan LoK Ventura

News Credits:
    In TFTM they all went out with many bangs defending their home. So whats the difference?!

13. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Did they though?
    The ship's crew in the beginning, including Ratchet and Prowl, are introduced and killed off within seconds. Didn't even make it Autobot City. Some didn't get a "last stand" type of fight. They all went out like canon fodder, and that's if you even saw them die.
    Even Wheeljack's lifeless body, the only appearance he has in the whole movie, was a blink-and-miss moment. Seriously, even DOTM handled WheeljaQue's death with more emotion and attention, and he was pretty much just a background character in the film!
    At least movie Ratchet went out willing to die over giving Lockdown Optimus's location, not to mention most of the damage done to him was at the hands of humans, which once again he had been fighting for since the very beginning. Meanwhile, in the '86 movie he didn't even have any lines. He died a few seconds after appearing on-screen, no dialogue.

They aren't even grieved, save for Optimus, which may not happen as one may hope for in Bay's films but they have happened even if sparingly (i.e, Hound griefs Leadfoot and Optimus looses his shit upon seeing what they did to Ratchet).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

The first bayverse movie. Optimus got his butt whooped by megatron. I mean, it wasnt even a contest. And their fight wasnt even that long. Movie seems to center around sam more than the transformers. 2nd half of the movie was incoherent also.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    And yet Age of Extinction is probably one of my least favourite films in the movie series, but okay. I think one big difference is that the deaths of the Autobots, and even Decepticons, in AOE actually have a reason: they’re being hunted by a government agency and a bounty hunter. In the 1986 movie, after being untouchable for two seasons, they just die because Hasbro needed some new merchandise. That’s it. They just die.

16. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Just putting this out there:

Just because the '86 movie wasn't perfect (it isn't, by any means, so don't even try to claim that I'm saying it is), that doesn't excuse live action movies 2-5 from being varying degrees of hot garbage.

Also, none of the live action films will ever have as emotional of a moment than Prime dying in the '86 movie. That was the ONLY time when it felt like he was never coming back, because they really never intended to bring him back, and only did so because of all the letters from parents of traumatized children. Now the old Prime dies and comes back ROBOT JESUS thing is done to death - that was done at least 4 or 5 times before ROTF even got around to it.

But anywho, back to talking about the live action films and not oh-so-edgy opinions of a 32 year old movie.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    And that's another thing. People call Bay's films "hot garbage" but treat the '86 film as if it's some sort of holy relic and are quick to forgive all its flaws, when in reality it's just as flawed, if not more-so, as the live-action films.

Yeah, it's just too bad that knowing that they killed him off ONLY just to make room for new toys (not knowing or caring for how important he had become for the show's fans) ruins the emotional impact for me, as I am sure it did for others as well.

18. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    also, the 86 movie, awful as it is, was the 3rd year of the brand. 2007-2017 was 10 years of the movie franchise, and in 2007 alone the franchise was 23 years old. plenty of time to improve.

19. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Unpopular opinions: I think the sequels for the most part get more right for being Transformers movies than the 2007 movie, and I think 2007 Megatron is the least interesting Megatron in all five Bay movies. Speaking of, it also has the least interesting robot characters of any of the movies.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    honestly, garbage as they are, i like dotm and aoe the best because the transformer moments actually get the closest to the transformers spirit more than anything. the space shit in aoe and the chicago stuff in dotm, especially. it feels like it just touches on the edge of good sci-fi, but it's the best we got out of the first 5 movies.

• Like Like x 3