Worst TF mishap.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by msi_junkie, Jun 29, 2014.

1. msi_junkie

msi_junkie Well-Known Member

I somehow managed to throw away Masterpiece Hot Rod. I don't know how it happened but it happened and I look at the going price and wish to kill myself. What other mishaps have people had?

A little dark? Ask Rodimus how he feels being in the trash?

2. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently, I bought a big lot of Classics TFs and they arrived stinking of smoke. I set about cleaning them all with baking soda and then bleach. Several of them were the Henkei versions of the molds; I knew that bleach has a habit of stripping chrome if you're not careful, so I made sure to keep the chromed parts out of the bleach solution and only wipe them down by hand, then rinse immediately to prevent damage. I thought I was doing a great job, except that I had completely forgotten about the purple chrome trim inside Astrotrain's tail fin and without knowing it, I had wicked some nice bleach water right in there. Even after rinsing and setting him out to dry, the bleach must have stayed in there because the next day when I tried transforming him, I split the tail fin apart to find a swarm of purple and silver flakes where the bleach had eaten everything away.

Not a huge deal, but when I display him in robot mode I can't help but notice the missing apps.

3. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Memorable Breakages:

G1 Optimus in the hands of my very young nephew....crash tested to and beyond destruction with a flight out of a 2nd story window.

My Sister clearing my room when I left for college and throwing away most of the Season 1 and 2 cast because " I needed the space and they are just toys...."

Hasbro MP Roddy left ankle explodes on unboxing.

Takara MP Roddy ......shoulders. Followed by other parts over time. Now Rodimus Statue.

BW TM1 Megatron.......now a crumbled pile of parts

Generations Skids.........broken left leg at the thigh joint

Hasbro MP01 stripped teeth on right thigh joint so leg now falls off if a breeze blows a hundred miles away

I can't go on. They aren't so much mishaps as shit build quality. Except my sister of course....she was just being a bitch.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

mp rodimus prime is an expensive toy, to just throw in the trash...

5. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    getting two TF boxes in the mail via ebay.....then opening one and forgetting to open the other....toss both boxes into the dumpster and see that the transformer is still in the box...

Lunge for the box and fall head first into said dumpster...but i got my transformer back

o_O 

6. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Damn, that sucks about the MP Rodimus and the other mishaps. :( 

For me, it was when I had loaded a bunch of TFs and other toy items in the trunk of my car. I had taken some stuff to a local show to try to sell and just left what I couldn't sell in my car along with a few items that needed temporary storage until I could take them to a post office. No more than a week later, I was rear ended. I was able to save a few things, mainly it was just the packaging of the MISB stuff that got trashed but a few things did end up getting destroyed like my MMPR 2010 Megazord and several Cybertron scout figures.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a lot of breakages but the one that still gives me the most grief is a school mate breaking G1 Megatron. Since then I ALWAYS buy doubles for G1 reissues! LOL!

8. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    As a kid I broke parts on g1 optimus prime straight out of the box. I snapped the arm off teletron 1 in less than 5 minutes after opening..........I was 4 years old though, but still devastated.
    More recently I snapped the groin piece off MP11 mold Acid Storm trying to fold it out, it does not work like the MP03 mold, glued it on, lesson learnt. I broke the index finger of Target/Argos exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp a few years back, actually breaking the edge of the socket wrecking the hand, not just popping off.

9. Blindspot77

Blindspot77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I broke the thigh connector to the crotch of Dark Energon Bee, I pulled hard to seperate the foot and the whold leg popped off. The socket cracked that leg lose it's joint tightness.

It was first toy unbox after I started collecting so imagine how angry I am with myself.

Recently dropping of boxes and get them dented when i wanted to keep them from any blemish. Arggggg, the feeling is like dropping a baby. The heart will stop beating for a few seconds.

10. craftsmith

Ebay:
    I think I would feel a "LOT" worse dropping a baby........... Priorities.

11. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    michael bay?

12. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Eh, depends on the baby.

13. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Wars have been started over less. Dude, I am SOOOoo sorry to hear of your lose.

14. Blindspot77

Blindspot77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, of course of course, I am just using that only as an example for the level of pain.

Kinda stupid to feel that wy for a box or a package. But to some collector of our type that pain is real.

LOL.

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Broke off first edition cliffjumpers hood. Luckily he still transforrms but its a pain since his hood falls off even when it secure.

Broke animated bumblebees shoulder join and is currently held together with blue tack until I can replace him.

16. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Transforming MP Offshoot for the first time... Snapped his cannon barrels right off the hinge. They still stay put in both modes, but he's now a partsformer.

17. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Banned

While transforming classics rodimus i broke him completely in half! i dont know how it was horrifying

18. craftsmith

Ebay:
    Yeah, Some of us on here are a little OCD. The boxes I try to keep pristine, but its no biggie if I damage or scuff one. I know others who get rid if theres a scratch on the box.

How, hes a sturdy little figure.
    I did the same, rough housing without even glancing at the instructions.

19. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime was the best figure I ever owned, until the back panel broke off, and that was it.

I pretty much zoned out of collecting until I found Jetwing Prime.

yay

20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

This happened around 2007 or so when my nephew was 7. He pulled out the drawers to my dresser to climb up to get a Gameboy system on top where the Matrix was also displayed. Because of top-heaviness the whole thing came crashing down but luckily he was unhurt and we glued the thing back together.