Worst Repack Jobs in the Wild

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Mar 5, 2018.

1. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

"New from SchwappenSchkalp... appearing now on shelves for the Holidays it's... EVIL EVIL ASSHOLES! Gobble up as many of the gold balls as possible while dropping brown balls back into the middle. Just watch out for "misjudging the market" and dont end up eating turds!"

• Like Like x 3
  2. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

I have that Thing toy. It’s from McDonald’s or Burger King. It makes sounds.

It’s not worth five bucks.

• Like Like x 5
  3. GuynGiantRobos

GuynGiantRobos Well-Known Member

Here’s one I saw in Oct: PoTP Grimlock in Starscream box

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

20201231_132554_Film4.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  6. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    it sucks i know but they just dont care . i am ocd about a lot of things and i would never let some one return stuff like this . i probibly get fired if i worked at a store and someone tryed a stunt like any of these . im not one to hold my tung . i have actuly brung stuff up to the counter to show them one that soe one did and it took me 2 times at the store to get them to pull the item . this sort of thing bugs me . yes some i find veary funny because of whats in there and there was a few times where they swaped transformers that were worth way more on the secondary market like e-bay. but i still hate when people do this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Ive said this many times but I blame it on the store. They could have a protocol that involves calling a manager to inspect all toy returns. Its not like repack guys are coming every 5 minutes to return a toy. And then theres insurance. So these companies really dont care. The store gets reimbursed for stuff they cant sell. The insurance company makes millions. The repacker gets a new toy free or cheap. We share these photos and get a good laugh. Does anybody actually loose in this situation ? (Besides the poor fool who uses brickseek to decide to drive 50 miles for a toy)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The people who end up receiving someone else’s broken trash lose. It also paints an unfortunate image of the toy collector as someone stupid enough to risk a felony to save at most $50 but usually $20.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better yet hire competent workers... Whenever I do a return they always inspect it very well and look at the pics and compare it to the figure. Which I applaud them for doing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    all im saying is some are so obvious you think that they would know better and do not need a manager to inspect all toy returns . and then there are people that lose out in the end like a grandma or grandpa buying for there grand kids or something and not reliseing in the end that it was switched... i do agree 100% its the stores fault for excepting them. but i guss what bugs me the most is that the stuff windes back on the shelfs so then they know they are possibly ripping someone off . so its not just the people repacking stealing but the store is too from the customers that dont know any better ... agen like i said i do get a giggle out of from of them . still bugs me

11. DinoLynx

DinoLynx Blast effect hoarder

55378E81-EB58-47A0-9401-C98B5C644F03.jpeg A9237A63-2EE0-4AC8-ABBD-1B27559CF1E9.jpeg EF88D57E-733F-4AC0-93C2-76B6074EBA9B.jpeg
    Found these at 2 different Walmarts this week.

• Like Like x 10
  12. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Of course, it's after Christmas, no surprise there.

13. Rated X

Rated X Banned

It really is the stores fault. I remember back in the day I exchanged a GDO Hotspot to TRU because it had 2 left fists. I told them exactly why it was defective and got the exchange. Sure enough next week it was back on the shelf even though I told them it was defective. So if the store doesnt give a crap even with a legitimate disclosure, you cant expect anyone else to give a crap either. Also I have a feeling people are straight up lying and saying their grandma bought it and it came that way with the wrong toy. If the reciept indicates it was paid cash, theres no proof. But even if thats the case they still put it back on the shelf.

The irony is its only boys toys and only action figures at that. Repacking seems to be exclusive to the geek fanbases. I challenge anybody on here to find a diecast Ford Mustang inside a Lamborghini box or a Ken doll inside a Barbie box. I bet you wont find one ! And if you do, make sure theres plenty of price tags, peg holes, and other toys in the photo to prove you didnt stage it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2021
  14. Slagwave

Slagwave "Touch grass," suggests weirdo who lives online

News Credits:
    Don't bother with him. He crawls out of hiding to nobly defend the cheap, sorry slimebags who pull these swaps every time anyone with even the most basic set of decent ethics dares impugn their honor. Why this is a hill worth dying on for him is beyond me.

And I also don't understand why this ever constitutes an ethical "argument": toy-swapping is (stupidly) unethical, full stop. Whether you want to defend it or not is completely irrelevant.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, please move on from the whole ethics debate.
    Yes, it's a scummy practice and yes, it's part of the whole repacking thing, but there is no need for personal attacks and soapbox lecturing.

• Like Like x 8
  16. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

Found a couple this morning on my weekly hunt... 20210108_081825.jpg 20210108_081728.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

20210104_104914_Film4.jpg
    Not exactly a repack, but amusing how bold this one was...
    Additionally, Im still waiting for that repack photo of Ken in a Barbie box, a Ford Mustang in a Lambo box, or any repack that IS NOT action figure related. It would be interesting to see if this practice lives outside of geek culture.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. haunted-one

haunted-one Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What makes me laugh about all of these repacks is when I go to return an item, the person handling the return looks over the item, shakes it, inspects all the tape, checks the box for authentcity with a fine tooth comb and yet still questions it..... and yet these all pass.

• Like Like x 17
  20. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes same!!!

• Like Like x 1