Worst plot twist

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Victorysabre, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Ok, let me start by saying that, overall, I enjoy TFP. But there are certain things about it that drive me batty. I've just recently opened up the second season Blu-Ray and I'm watching it with my son. First time watching most of these episodes since they first aired. Unfortunately, it means revisiting what I consider to be the worst plot twist in the entire series.

I refer to Megatron using the Forge of Solus Prime, simply by attaching the arm of a Prime to himself. This drives me crazy! Taking this plot point at face value, the writers basically said "being a Prime is as simple as attaching the limb of a dead Prime" rather than "being a Prime is about who you are regardless of what form you take."

Ok, rant over. Just HATE this one part of the series so much. The good parts just make it's weakness show through that much more.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Using the exact same cliffhanger of Bulkhead flying through the groundbridge with every implication he's gonna die for two consecutive episodes...and then saying he's permamently crippled but not gonna die...then having him make a full recovery with no lasting side effects.

3. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

The only problem I had with season 2 was that Starscream wasn't a con until Patch. Other then that I loved the idea of having Megatron with a Prime arm(but I did wish it was for his left arm).

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Yep yep yep

5. Victorysabre

News Credits:
    That drove me nuts also. Especially after his near brain death in season 1. Bulkhead escaped way too much way too often. But when the supposed purpose of the series was "what makes a Prime a Prime" the arm thing was much worse to me.

6. Predicon

Predicon Well-Known Member

Well, they said that the forge can only be used by the hand of a prime, and I guess they meant literally.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The series ending when Optimus dies very random. I felt like there was better ways of ending.

8. Victorysabre

News Credits:
    I actually really enjoyed the ending to Predacons Rising. There was a real conclusion which too many TF stories seem to lack.

9. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I just took it as the Prime arm still having lingering power from when the dead Prime held the Matrix, hence why Megatron was able to use it to use the Forge. What? It makes more sense than any other possible explanation.

As for the worst plot-twists, implication of Bulkhead's death (numerous times, never happened), and Orion Pax (served only to start the Season 2 Relic Huntathon).

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    One of my friends at Skype while watching that Target Exclusive BH DVD that the writers in the commentaries did mention that during Season 2 the BH idea was thrown at them thus making them cut short certain arcs like the MECH arc. That would explain why others like Bulkhead's injuries and Airachnid's Insecticon armies were rushed.

11. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't think any of the plot twists were bad, they just didn't really go anywhere. It served for really entertaining individual episodes, but as a series the show is pretty weak.

I'd have to say that Bulkhead's non-crippling injuries and the revelation of Predaking as sentient were pretty bad. They really missed an opportunity in making him crippled, and then having him gradually overcome that with Miko's help (perhaps they could have had some kinda headmaster thing going on).

The Autobots really should have felt some guilt about the destruction of the Predacons, even if they didn't know they were sentient at the time. Some nice discussion about the horrors of war would've made for a good episode.

12. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Yeah. Why not use the left arm? Then you could've kept the fusion cannon!

13. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I kinda figured that the arm probably had some energy left from the Matrix, thus allowing it to work. But I admit that's kind of a stretch.

I'd say that was the worst one.

That, or Breakdown's out-of-nowhere death.

14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

To be fair, the darn thing was almost useless up until Deadlock.

15. Victorysabre

News Credits:
    I was really hoping for a different direction with Predaking's intelligence. I wanted it to come out that he was fully aware the entire time and was only playing the part of the dumb beast so that the Decepticons could basically build him an army. I guess really the series just had too many threads crammed into not enough episodes. Kind of like Season 3 of Beast Wars actually. Way too much going on with not enough follow through.

The Prime arm still irks :lol 

16. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Yeah, but its nice to have options.

17. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spoiler alert!

And Dreadwing dying was stupid.

18. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

Got the Dark Star Saber (wow even after a year passing that name sounds stupid) in one hand and fuse cannon in the other. Talk about OP!

ANYWAY, all of the plot twists mentioned thus far have been very bad. The Bulkhead part really angered me because of that ridiculously long wait between "Toxicity" and "Hurt", only to come back and Bulk's doing pretty darn good after a few episodes. Maybe if they made a point to give a specific passage of time between the episodes, maybe his recovery wouldn't have felt so rushed? Sure, it's just a few episodes, but what if they said '6 MONTHS LATER' or something? Instead of giving the impression of it only being a few days?

Oh well, whatever. It's done and over with and I don't have to subject myself to those episodes again if I don't want to. The power of choice.

19. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime Slayer really did sound better...

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Or at least Shadow Saber.