Worst movie you seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Soundwavelover2004, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ocean's 8 was bad, The Last Knight I'm sure was bad but never watched it because of how bad AOE was, any of the Madea movies. Justice League was bad, The Circle had a good premise and it had Tom Hanks, but it wasn't that good, Rough Night.

2. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Almost as if you sense a disquieting metamorphosis

Some of my least-favorite movies...

Planet of the Apes (2001 Tim Burton version) - I'm a fan of the older PotA movies, and I'm a fan of Tim Burton's movies. Shoulda been a great pairing, right? UGH. I couldn't wait for this pile of excrement to end so I could return it to Blockbuster.

Lost in Space (1998) - I'm the kind of person who will watch a rented movie all the way through to at least be sure to get my money's worth. This is the only movie I've rented that I couldn't get through.

Green Lantern - Just BAD. Villain was possibly the lamest comic book movie villain ever.

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie - 'Nuff said. Seriously, who was the target demographic for this? Too many adult themes and gross-outs for kids, but far too juvenile for adults. (Yes, I've watched it. On purpose)

Troll 2 - Its awfulness is legendary. And yes, it really is that bad. Though it is good for some laughs. The stories behind it just add to its mystique.

Super Mario Bros - I know some people like this because it's so bad, but it really is just a bad, bad movie.

I rented this crapfest back in the day. I'm actually in the middle of the MST showing of it...I really need to finish it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "Escape from Tomorrow." Pretentious twaddle masquerading as a DEEP INSIGHTFUL TAKE on Disney World.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yeah this. Entirely this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Dolza_Khyron

That’s like me & the DOA movie (based on the DOA fighting games). Everyone seems to hate that movie, but it’s one of my absolute favorites. It’s cheesy but in a good way. And it’s one of those movies where you can just tell they were having fun making it all throughout.

I genuinely consider it a good, fun movie. Boggles my mind, when I see it on all these “Top 10 Worst Movies Based on Videogames” lists. Did they see Bloodrayne? Postal? House of the Dead? Super Mario Bros.? Mortal Kombat Annihilation? Double Dragon? Tekken? Alone in the Dark? Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life? Silent Hill 2: More Silenter? The Legend of Chun Li? Resident Evil Apocalypse? Resident Evil Extinction? Resident Evil Afterlife? Resident Evil Retribution? Resident Evil The Final Chapter? Resident Evil Degeneration? Resident Evil Damnation? Resident Evil Vendetta?

There’s so many video game movies out there that are so much worse than DOA.

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Dragon Ball Evolution
    The Last Airbender
    Gravity

• Like Like x 2
  7. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on what is meant by "worst movie". I love some movies that are so bad they are good. Killer Tomatoes films, Troll 2, Birdemic, The Room, etc. All poorly made films. But they are enjoyable in their awfulness. Only film i have ever walked out on was Congo.

8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Here's two, one obvious and one maybe unexpected:

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters--Every moment of this movie felt like a slog. My little brothers loved the books and somehow I got dragged along into watching the movie. They even hated it, said it was nothing like the books. Predictable, felt like it copied off of a billion other things, cheap CGI, and overall pretty boring

Avengers-- So I actually enjoyed Age of Ultron. It had flaws to be sure, but I really liked its story and sense of building towards other events. I can appreciate the first Avengers movie for what it accomplished, but my goodness it is a quip-fest filled to the brim with scenes that really really want to make you think they're super duper cool. I liked it on my first watching, but rewatching it has become a grating experience for me. That, and the following films that have added so much more to the franchise have made the first film just seem to small to me. Loki is laughable as a threat, the good guys never seem legitimately challenged by what's going on. I see it as a movie that was cool for its time but hasn't aged well at all, kind of like how Blair Witch Project *was* scary back in the day. Both set up something unique and innovative that have since been done to death.

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I liked AVP: Requiem
    The Predator was badass and there was an underlying story that was hilarious to me but I can't quite remember since it's been a while since I've seen it.

10. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “Part of the journey is the End.”

Instagram:
    This is gonna sound weird, but the Secret Life of Pets. Everything seemed over the top for no reason. Like, wasn't a truck blown up because the 2 dogs simply escaped? My mom and I walked out of the theater about 15-25 minutes in.

Also, Green Lantern.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    After Earth

12. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

At the time, I thought it was better than the first AVP. I hated that those Predators all looked like bodybuilders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

No one mentioned Batman and robin (1997) - Ugh..

MK annihilation is second place.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How can you hate MK Annihilation with great bits like:
    "Mother? You're alive?"
    "Yes.. but soon YOU.. will DIE."

• Like Like x 2
  15. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Citizen Kane and Dark Knight... Sorry I couldn't help myself. But to be serious.

Any of the Hellraiser sequels after the first five and all those parodies movies like Meet the Spartans or disaster movie

• Like Like x 2
  16. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Batman returns (I know, i know i don't care. I've always thought it was terrible)
    Batman and Robin
    Green lantern
    Revenge of the Fallen
    Dark of the Moon

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Hulk was so bad that when I went to see Troy a few months later, I almost stood up and cheered when Eric Bana got killed off.

Catwoman... magic face cream... a plot Futurama had done much better a year earlier. This is one of the only films I downloaded rather than watching at the cinema. It was so bad, I actually felt sorry for my computer for having to host such a dreadful file.

The Blair Witch Project. I think I may be the only person on the planet that actually likes the sequel (Book of Shadows, not the recent one which I've not seen) more than the original. I went to see the original with a housemate when it was new and all the rage (and after we'd tried to watch an incredibly flaky VHS copy another housemate had acquired). Neither of us was impressed.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is just dreadful.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier is dreadful with a side of atrocious.

Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't just bad, it was wrong. The only mildly entertaining part was pre-possession Kevin, and I don't think I could even watch that a second time.

I know someone mentioned it as a joke, but Citizen Kane was a tedious slog. I watched it when it was on tv once and... wow, was it dull.

I'd also list 2001: A Space Odyssey for similar reasons, except for one thing: Mission to Mars. MtM is basically an unofficial remake of 2001 with the one good scene (homicidal HAL) replaced with a ridiculous space conga between two orbiting ships. It's a poor remake of a film I already didn't like...

Someone mentioned Lucy... I have that in my collection listed under "Bad Science" along with films like 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow. Its premise is quite interesting, but the execution is... well... dumb. The leaps of... for want of an actually accurate term... "logic"... are spectacularly insane.

18. gregles

gregles quintesson

Mama Mia

Most other rubbish movies end up becoming unintended comedy classics.

Twilight and the Michael Bay transformers movies where pretty close contenders too.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the DOA movie, but I actually hear it's fairly decent. I have seen MK:A and Double Dragon though. They're great dumb fun. Super Mario Bros is fun, it has lots of really cheesy effects to keep it going. The Tomb Raider films are a fun time too. And, even the Resident Evil movies are too.

To me, the worst thing a movie can be is boring. As long as a movie is entertaining, then to me it is not a bad film. Film exists to entertain, nothing more, nothing less. If it does that well enough, one way or another, then it has done it's job. It has made my time and money worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Anything on Mystery Science Theater. Of course their cast makes them hilarious.

• Like Like x 1