Worst delivered toy goes to.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aprim, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

They should honor it on the grounds that this could have been anything being carried in the mail and somehow the act of causing significant destruction to somebody else's property, running it over or otherwise, is a liability.

Like, it could have been an irreplaceable family heirloom or a box of computer parts instead of a boxed toy - the point is the mail service is responsible for the safe handling of packages and it is beyond obvious they've failed miserably in the trust placed in them.

Heck, I recall the last time some asshole mailmen were unwittingly recorded on security cam just tossing packages over fences instead of bothering to walk up to a door. The USPS isn't perfect but they do take mistreatment of packages seriously, especially if they're insured.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I know your bummed, but it's still cool you got a G1 Broadside. Hopefully you get it taken care of.

3. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Add me to the list of those sympathetic, horrified, and hoping for a good outcome.

4. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

The mail wrecked a Toyworld Aurora that was shipped to me and all I got was the current retail value (which was far lower than I had it insured for). In this case though, current "retail" value may actually be good for your cause. Who knows. Yuck.

5. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At an apartment I used to live at, packages were put inside locked boxes. Once package was almost the exact dimensions of the locked box itself. There was a lip around the inside of the box, and there was no way in hell I could get the package out. I have no idea how they even got the package in there in the first place. I had to get a knife and literally cut a hole in the side of the package and remove its contents. I left the empty package in there with a note.
    Another time, I sent a package, and then got a letter from one of the post offices saying that the package was completely destroyed in one of the machines, but they were able to find the mailing label and return address, but none of its contents (which were $60 worth of small figures). Since it wasn't insured, I got the $9.95 postage back, and that's it.
    I used to think that the cost of the postage included insurance that they'd, you know, deliver an intact package.

I've had crushed and dented boxes before (mostly from overseas, but that's what I get for choosing the cheapest shipping method), but luckily nothing has been damaged. I hope this works out in your favor!

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's what it was suppose to look like
    [​IMG]

7. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    I would be livid.

8. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Wow, looks like someone a huge brick on it.

...or stuck a brick under another brick...

9. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i had a scare yesterday that turned out o.k. i come home to an open mailbox after a thunderstorm with a stuffed envelope that's partially retaped/burst. i don't take any photos because it was only a $14 "junk" lot.

thankfully nothing was damanged (Squeezeplay and Icepick were in bubblewrap; the dinoriders guy, Cloudburst shell front and inner robot were o.k. despite not being wrapped).

-

10. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Oh man, if that was me I'd be livid and trying not to faint at the sight of that crushed box. Toy fine or not, it's just the principal of the matter. Hope USPS tries to work with you because there is no excuse for the condition of that box. :( 

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No way. NO :(  I'm sorry man, this sucks.

12. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

Welp, this confirms my belief that the UPS people don't care about the packages that they're being paid to deliver.

13. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

This is just painful to look at.
    Really sorry and hope that you'll get compensated, but damn.. a moment of silence for what should have been a nice and mint box :( 

14. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Awww that sucks btw I kinda wonder if theres been an thread for terrible transformer figure/comics/dvds/etc package deliveries....

15. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    If it was insured and you can prove how much you paid for it, you should have no problem. Especially since this looks like it was no fault of the seller.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, you paid for a certain amount of insurance and didn't get that full amount when they damaged the insured item?

How can they get away with that?

I'd go into full arsehole mode pretty quickly if that happened to me. :lol 

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Could be worse. Could've been a good toy.

18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I had USPS 'lose' an MP Soundwave. We went back and forth for over a month. They miraculously found it after I told them I was filing an official complaint for reimbursement. I now use Fedex and UPS whenever possible. If I have to use USPS, I use first class with insurance and tracking

19. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are a multitude of jokes that I am refraining from telling, out of sympathy for the family.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's insured at the value you paid for it then they should honour it, with how scarce Broadside is in that style box then you might actually get more than what you paid for it now there is one less in the world...

That really is crap that they didn't even leave you details on how to claim on it.