Worst customer service call ever recorded?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NemiMonkey, Jul 15, 2014.

1. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    This is why I hate dealing with customer service sometimes

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-may-be-the-worst-customer-service-call-in-history-91851980684.html

Makes me curious about the conversation between the wife and the customer service rep. Sounds like things being exaggerated for the sake of flair, but man that rep was persistent. I think that guy trying to cancel should have just made up some BS excuse to get things moving. How is Comcast going to know what the true reason is.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    At least by a customer....

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-may-be-the-worst-customer-service-call-in-history-91851980684.html

The article is too long to just copy and paste here, so sorry in advance to those at work who can't click on that link. But there's an audio recording of this horrible call. Now, I've worked for a cable company before....and those who wanted to cancel their service, well we would ask why to see if there's any opportunity to help save the customer, but if they really wanna go....let em go. There's no need to try to force someone to stay.

Oddly enough, I've had Comcast. I've left them for their horrible tech support. I've had similar hair pulling calls with them. I have to applaud the man for being so patient and cordial with the customer service rep who was being anything but.

3. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

Holy shit, this is ridiculous. I couldn't even get through the whole thing. I think I lost a few brain cells listening to that. I hope this guy got fired for doing this, but knowing Comcast, probably not.

Good God.

4. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    This thread could not have been better timed.

Spent an hour on the phone with Comcast today trying to fix the net before the representative finally realized they didn't have the mac address for the router.

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Meh. If you work in IT this shit isn't new or even that bad.

6. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I dunno man, I disagree. The customer had a simple request, to cancel his service. There was no need to push the man into giving information he clearly stated he was not willing to. *shrugs* All that rep had to do was honor the guy's wishes, but instead he made it into a debacle.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's obvious the rep has a 'conversion' percentage target that he has to meet from Comcast. Anyone who currently works in retail understands why the rep did what he did.

8. Ionus

Ionus Well-Known Member

The customer is too calm. I would be throwing out a few expletives and demanding with a little more force to be disconnected. No way I would put up with this dude.

On the positive side at least he wasn't connected with a CS rep from India. I hate that shit.

9. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

I've been dealing with some relentless sales reps from Verizon Wireless the last few weeks. They call me everyday at work, and everyday I tell them the same thing - this is my work number, do not call me here. And everyday they say the same thing - okay, I'll put a note in the computer not to call this number. It's gotten to the point that right before I hang up, I say "great thanks, talk to you tomorrow."

10. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Though I can't really excuse the guy's attitude under any circumstances, I really do wonder if he was desperate to meet metrics... too many places put an emphasis on meeting certain numbers, even at the expense of treating both employees and customer well. I remember working at a call center for a wireless company(I'll let them remain anonymous, but their name rhymed with Bingular), and they recorded a call where a frustrated threatened to bomb our call center, but I somehow calmed him down and helped him out.

They played it and, with complete sincerity, started their remarks with, "This call took entirely too long to resolve."

11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Most if not all call centers really do push metrics. Not meeting them can result in you getting fired, if not your daily job miserable until you either get fired or figure out a way to meet those metrics honestly or dishonestly. So yeah, while it is understandable why the rep acted the way he did, it's not excuseable (at least in perspective to the company to allow for that). But I don't entirely blame the rep. I mean, who wants to get fired these days, right?

On a note of interest:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/6-jaw-dropping-cable-provider-horror-stories-from-yahoo-91950382669.html

In the comments section:

Uhhh.....ooookay.....

If that's true, that's a major invasion of privacy. I'm sure they can get sued for that if proof can be had. Good thing I canceled Comcrap a long time ago. If any of you have their security system, or know of anyone who does....they might want to know this? (Again, if that is indeed true).

12. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would've hanged up on the first minute after saying a few choice words

13. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

As technical support for a cable company at the moment, if a customer wants to cancel, I really couldn't give 2 shits.

We have dedicated agents who are supposed to try and keep the customer but I seriously doubt they would go as far as that rep.

14. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I gave Comcast the boot 18 months ago. One of the best things I have ever done. The rep on the phone could care less that I was leaving after 13 years, which made it even easier.

15. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I have comcast only cable company in my area. I'm tempted just to call and see what better deals I can get now that this info has come out in the open.

Would I be a jerk for trying to get a better deal, now that I know the CSR's check is based on me keeping services or not? I've been going back and forth again on DirecTv for the NFL package.

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I applaud that customer for being cool and collected during that call. It is hard to do that at times with customer service. If it is true that Comcast rep like to watch their customers through the camera (home security), I am glad that I went with someone else. In terms of bundled deals, they last for 1 year but I managed to get one Comcast rep to keep a certain price point and not allow it to go up. I just found out about how much my bundled package would have cost me now....oh man, I am glad what I did.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I've been there with Comcast, and I'm still with them because they have the monopoly in my town "internet wise". If another company ever did offer the same service and even if they were more expensive I'd switch just out of my spite for Comcast.