Worst 3P of the Year 2016

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I agree completely. Can't someone KO Sponout or take the design and do a V2. There is an awesome SS in there.

2. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

I gotta say, been lucky this year, No 3p Purchase is Disliked.

I will agree Seraphicus Prominon is WAY overpriced for what you get in the package, but I love him nonetheless.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Probably because he didn't get those for free? Hard to believe some of these "reviewers" sometimes. Bobby Skullface repeatedly bashed FP, and voila, they sent him some stuff. It's a good thing he still remains critical though. But then again it always strikes me that Bobby S has a ton of money. Dude definitely has FU moolah.

4. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

His $ comes from his online music career.

(Not making fun, I actually like his tunes.)

5. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would reconsider a Spin-out v2 if they did some things

1. Improve the QC- improve the plastic quality, fix the tolerances
    2. Engineer a way to decrease the width of his chest. Perhaps it could split apart for robot mode.
    3. Carve out his side vents. It would help him fit with his brother a little more, and the painted vents just look cheap to me.

Perhaps we'll get an Ocular Max Sunstreaker. Hint hint *cough* :D 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Good for the little guy. Money's great.

7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think in one of his intro videos, he talks about how he has PTSD and this makes him happy and calms him down.

Back to the realm of disappointment... Ollie v2 takes the cake here. His design is great, but they took a second stab at producing a figure and still had to send out packets of replacement faces and thighs. Runner up: UT Sworder.

8. Megatronus27

He liked it. He was just still too blown away by Soveriegn to appreciate Lupus' mediocrity.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    gonna have to go with omnigonix spinout. seriously... no. had him for a month, sold him off for cheap because damn that thing should not have seen the light of day.

10. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    I was chatting with him on Weibo not long ago asking if Lupus was worth it (I had some 元 burning a hole in my pocket) and he said it was pretty lackluster and not so worth it.

11. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    I ended up grabbing MP-10SG and a Lego set for the missus.

12. Megatronus27

Blue text is sarcasm.

I dont think he said anything positive in the review. It was "meh" which is so unlike him.

FanToys has been in the game long enough (so has MMC/MakeToys/XTrans/FP -among others) that they should know how to make a great figure.

Good materials/good joints/ratchets should be the standard on large figures/quality paint work/managed kibble/smooth transformation/secure locking connections/good poseability/interesting sculpt/good QC/robust parts.

These companies have been making figures long enough to know that successful figures have these merits.

Why did FT think Lupus' cockpit would be okay?! Why did FT decide the shoulder and ankle rockers had enough wiggle to them to qualify as good articulation? Seriously, a simple mod fixes the ankle. Why didnt Lupus get Grinder's ratcheted shoulder mechanism? This isnt new stuff for them. These companies should be looking for ways to articulate their figures to the highest standard whenever possible and instead so many figures seem to be left to be mediocre rather than fantastic.

The only complaints these companies should be hearing from us at this point is from the occassional QC mistake or aesthetic decisions.

It seems like a lot of missed opportunities.

Despite Stomp, FT is my disappointment of 2016 because they are capable of so much more than they seem to be trending. Hopefully Sovereign, Grinder, Phoenix, and Omega really portray FT's potential for 2017.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

At least Spinout LOOKED like a masterpiece.

I would go with TFC detective. Only thing it was a masterpiece of was fail.

14. Cybermuz

Cybermuz Member

Ebay:
    Only real disappointment I can think of was MMC Anubis. I really liked the idea of a 3P freelance peacekeeper (being from UK, yes), and I'm quite happy with my Jaegertron. But my Anubis doesn't tab together, one of his ankles feels fused and immobile so he can't fully transform and his weapons can't peg into his wrists or backpack. Especially disappointing since Spartan is one of my favourite figures yet and I love Anarchus so I know MMC can do better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    For me, basically everything FP did in 2016. Browing II was cool, but his head was the wrong size, which makes the headmaster gimmick of the Function-X line kinda weak. Severo wasn't terrible, but there was nothing creative or unique about him, which is something that (past) FP excelled at. DinoKing was just a trainwreck, from the overpriced shells, to the QC problems that keep the two torso bots from correctly tabbing together, to the stubby arms, to the high price, to the weird hip design... you'd think that'd be my lease favorite one.

But no. No, there's something much worse. A figure that has caused me more frustration that nearly any other TF figure I have ever owned: Trianix Alpha.

Not only did it seem like nearly every one of these figures broke right out of the gate, but the replacement waist they sent me was just as difficult to separate and just ended up stripping the peg it was attached to the point where I just have a screw lodged in its torso and--even though they sent me ANOTHER replacement waist--it can't be properly fixed due to the peg being stripped. It has a cool bot mode, I'll give it that, but it's vehicles are boring and too simple and overall it's just another bad 2016 FP figure. Here's hoping 2017 is better, but Comera sure doesn't look like we're starting off the year with a bang.

16. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think all us British marvel comics fans were disappointed with Annubis. Great name, great concept, bad execution. Which is ironic seeing as Deaths Head was generally good on the executions, yes?

• Like Like x 1