Worst 3P of the Year 2016

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there were just bigger disappointments for most people?

I pulled the trigger during a ebay flash sale. Waiting to receive him but I've got my fingers crossed I don't have the collapsing canopy issue. Limited ankle and shoulder articulation are a given though :( .

2. MMC

MMC Mastermind Creations

News Credits:
    We're sorry you were disappointed with Seraphicus. It is true that we do not sell parts directly for figures, as we do our best to supply missing or damaged parts for free to those who purchase our products and find them to be damaged or defective, even if that damage is due to mishandling or accidents outside of our manufacturing/packaging/shipping process.

However, the best way to obtain parts such as the armor for Seraphicus is to purchase them from your retailer of choice, not to try and take advantage of our parts replacement service by claiming you lost them.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I gotta post that even if UT's Buzzing came out in 2015 instead of 16 IMHO Buzzing is a bit underwhelming,from just about every angle,the head is just too generic looking.The lack of an angled windshield in robot mode,very few paint apps to break up all the light and dark blue.Finally the biggest disappointment is "NO Freaking Wheels",I mean c'mon.

UniqueToys could've made Buzzing better,I just hope someone like FansToys or MMC or even XTB will come out with something better instead of just a plastic paperweight that does nothing.That is my choice for Worst of 2015/16.

4. Riccardo

Riccardo Member

Ebay:
    The ankle are different, one have support than the other doesn't. The plastic is thin and mine have stress mark on it. I love this figure but the legs are pretty much unfinished.
    [​IMG]

5. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Given how much I like to kvetch this may seem out of character but I don't think there IS a worst company. All of them had good toys and bad toys.

Sure, omnigonix had an unfortunate debut product, but hey, they're new. It happens. The same thing happened with badcube and now they're one of the darlings of the 3p section. If they start consistently doing it on what seems like purpose, THEN we can call them a bad company.

Sure, fanstoys looked like a bunch of prissy primadonnas demanding vendors eschew a quakeblast, but in the end, that did bugger-all to keep the toy out of collector hands (it may have actually made it cheaper.) Most of their stuff doesn't blow my skirt up, but they do make a good-faith effort to produce things people like. I can't really call them a bad company.

If the goal is to pick out the 3p company that had the worst year, how about warbottron, since they basically gave up and left?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Riccardo

Riccardo Member

Ebay:
    Correct!

7. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Funny how we can all have such different impressions from the same toys with just a little luck from the QC Fairy!

Personally, with just 3 dabs of glue, my Omnigonix Spinout is one of my favorite purchases from last year (doesn't hurt I got him for $50). I love the design, and aside from a few things that weren't held on tightly, mine came in very good shape.

I'm also surprised so many people have FT Hound listed here. I haven't had a single issue with him. I didn't even realize so many other people were having problems (sorry to hear it, guys!).

I was annoyed by the reported fragility of FT's Kickback, but haven't actually had an issue with him yet either. He does frighten me to transform, though.

I can chime in on frustrating toys!

XTB's Boost and Arkose... boy there are some head-scratching choices on those bots. Arkose basically fell apart out of the box for me, and Boost, I thought I was going to break throughout his entire transformation. They have completely put me off buying XTB figures. I even canceled my Eligos preorder because of those two, and I'm glad I did. I'll wait for reviews on v2s from now on with that company.

Also, the PE CW Hands and Feet... what a terrible idea to use crappy ball joints on those sets. I can barely get my CW combiners to hold poses even after using floor polish. Even worse, I own like 5 sets!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    You can't just buy parts piecemeal. That's not how it works. The only reason you would buy individual parts for a figure is because you're building a custom or because you're trying to con the company into giving you a figure for cheaper than retail. If you want a figure, then buy the whole thing.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do people keep saying this? We haven't got proof they did (and FT themselves denied it)

At best it's an unsubstantiated rumour. Has anyone actually asked some of the popular vendors whether FT blocked QB's sale? That would settle the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    IMG_0049.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're equally unsubstantiated, so who cares about either.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    Because it HAS been substantiated. It is not a rumour. dalianjj said that he pointed out the similarity between Quakewave and Quakeblast to his direct sellers. And according to him, they all agreed.

If you really want it, I will dig up his old posts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Worst figure: Omnigonix Spinout. Wheels falling off, head just kinda plopping down on his shoulders, and no way in hell is the chest staying tabbed. Bad paint, shoulder pieces falling off, forearms separating...this thing is garbage. I understand there are fixes for some of those things, but it's just all too much. Absolute waste of $100.

Honorable mentions:

- KFC Crash Hog. Not a total stinker, but the backpack transformation is a nightmare! I went in on both Crash Hog and Dumpyard, and both of them are sitting in a cardboard box. I'm not fond of how the mirrors and handles come off, either, they're just begging to be lost.

- XTB Andras. Like Crash Hog, there's a step in the transformation that just blows and makes me not want to touch the thing. I don't own them, but Boost and Hatch apparently have this issue as well so it seems to be quite an issue for XTB/KFC. on the upside, the quality of Crash Hog and Scourge is actually really good, a shame they're a miserable experience to transform.

- XTB Arkose. Part of his backpack just falls off mid transformation. Otherwise not a bad Beachcomber, but not a figure I would bother messing with.

- FT Willis. I transformed this guy once and stuck him on the shelf. I'm going off memory here, but I believe it was the arm transformation to vehicle mode that blew chunks. Not a bad figure overall, but this is the kind of thing I expect from XTB at this point, certainly not FansToys[/B]

14. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Retailers elected not to carry the toy because of Fanstoys' very public tempter tantrum about the design. I asked a few retailers about carrying the figure back then and TWO of them responded that they "couldn't afford to damage [their] relationship with Fanstoys" by carrying quakeblast. Others elected to stay quiet.

Fanstoys might deny actually turning the thumbscrews themselves, but their petulant behavior led directly to a competitor being blocked by retailers. Potato, potahto.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

FWIW my Arkose has zero problems and I'm over the moon over the little guy. But well, that's QC I guess, it's a matter of probabilities.

16. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    @Ruizu1990

Cloud 9 Quakeblast - Masterpiece-Styled Shockwave)

post #310:
    Well, we can actrully. All my direct retailers won't carry quakeblast.
    And more funny thing is, our facebook account just got hacked.

Dedicated Cloud 9/Fans Toys topic

Quoted in post #1:
    BBTS, Tfsource,CP, toydojo, TCP, RK, TFS-express, Madhaus.collectibles, Toyercity

post #73:
    We welcome healthy competition, like insection war, hound war, dino war, reflector war etc between us and other 3rd party. But we will do what we can to stop direct copy of our design. Even at the cost of losing some sale because of this.
    By the way, we never threat any retailer to cut their supply. Retailers who don't carry QB because they agree that it is a retool. The transformation is exactly the same which is never on anyother shockwave toys before.

post #80:
    Well, you are ok with that, we are not.
    If you wanna purchase QB, there are always Ebay and some other site who carry KO.

post #87:
    I simply just point out to them that QB is a retool of our figure. You could ask any of them to verify it.

post #91:
    I have no problem with that. If it happend, we can make somthing else other than tf toy.
    Because they use another brand to copy our design first. I know their OEM factory and all their major distributor so I am very sure.

post#114:
    Well, he said that we threat to cut off their supply? plz clear this up.

post #119:
    plz pm me who is your retailer and I will ask him to give you full refund.

post #141:
    I will continue post here what I wanna say in the future, this is a public forum after all. But I can understand why other 3rd party don't or not doing this anymore . There are always some hater out there no matter what you say and what you did. But I can live with that.
    If this means it will hurt myself, so be it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

I believe it was Toy Dojo that stated Cloud 9 never contacted them to promote Quakeblast.

Worst toy of year: how did TFC Detective (Hound) fair. Did anyone ever put hands on it besides Skullface?

18. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Benscollectibles reviewed it and gave it a positive review (!)

19. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Hot damn. Its a must buy then! :lol 

I like Ben and wish him well, but I honestly dont know anything he doesnt like.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

When Grassor came out. I found it very odd that it was never on BBTS front page or even its recently release 3rd party page. I had to search for it, even though it was brand new. All conjecture but it did make me wonder