Worst 10 Films of 2007 (CHUD)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by drippy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

This is Devin's take. And while I don't think it's possible for Devin to ever top his "Fuck You Out of 10" review score for the Halloween remake, this comes pretty close.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13056
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Nick's take.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13030

What are your worst of the year?
    [/FONT]

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Heh...those are pretty well spot on.

As for me, I generally don't take too may chances on movies that I don’t know too much about...that being said, FF 2 was pretty horrible.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    that Waterhorse piece of shit looks like it should be on there..

4. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

Since I've had my two kids, my trips to the movie theaters are few and far between. So I make sure that when I get the rare opportunity to go, the movie is something I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy.

Since I am the only one bringing any income to my family, I have to make sure that chances I take on dvd purchases are minimal.

I don't think I saw a bad movie in 2007. Or at least one that I can recall.

*edit* I just thought of Highlander - Search For Vengeance (animated). That was pretty meh. Oh, and if we're talking critically horrible (versus dumb fun), then Stone Cold with Brian Bosworth. It came out on dvd this year. Heh, I loved that movie as a kid.

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Never saw anything good this year (every year it's the same drivel all over again).

Worst movies that I saw this year:

World Trade Center
    Babel
    Ratatouille

(that's what happen when I get dragged to watch crap when I pay my relatives a visit)

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I'm with you drippy,

I think I saw 4 movies in the theaters that were not Kid films.

Spiderman 3
    Transformers
    POTC 3

The rest all cartoons or kid friendly with my family.

of those I think I was a little disappointed with the Simpson’s and Shriek 3.

Bee movie was surprisingly funny though.

7. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I rented Ratatouille a few weeks ago, since some of my animation student friends wouldn't stfu about it when it was released in the theater.

I was very unimpressed.

8. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

I think I saw two movies in theaters in 2007.

Transformers
    The Mist

My son is old enough to where we'll start hitting up the drive-in next summer.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I miss the drive in :( 

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

The only moves I saw in a Theater this year were Transformers and Shrek III.

And the only reason we saw Shrek II was my wife begged an pleaded. She and I were both sorely disappointed.

To my surprise, she seemed to actually enjoy Transformers.

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I've only seen 1 movie this year -Transformers

LFoDH was pretty good

12. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I have only seen Halloween and ATHF, and I loved Halloween. ATHF is funny but has NO plot whatsoever and is the dumbest movie by far...but funny as hell...

300 was my fav movie of the year, followed by (in no order) transformers, POTC, Spiderman 3, The Mist, I am Legend, Ocean's 13.

13. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Beowulf annoyed me quite a bit.

We saw it in 3-D, so it was like I could reach out and almost TOUCH the crap!

Ah, modern technology.

14. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Simpsons was horribly disappointing.

But I try to not go to movies I don't like.
    I don't have the money.

15. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

The ATFH movie was fucking funny, although it does die off towards the end. Also, he clearly didnt see the first few minutes of the movie where they polietly explain the rules such as "You came here. Watch it. Don't like it? Walk out." and "If you don't understand, then you should not be here."

Also, I make it a habit not to go see shit movies. Most stuff I have seen this year has been pretty good such as Ratatouille and Hot Fuzz (both are actually excellent movies). However, I did see one horrible film this year. That film was Transformers. The movie just sucked. If I didn't have a friend with me, I would have just walked out the second Bumblebee did the "Im a whole new car in 3/4 of a second" magic trick... and again when the huge cube became both tiny and lightweight.

Also, note that I didnt go see the Simpsons movie. If I had, both that and Transformers would most likely be in some sort of epic "duel of shit movies" in my head. And for the curious, I vowed not to see it from the second I saw Spider Pig. Maybe I will pick it up when the dvd is dirt cheap or something.

16. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The Simpsons movie was... ok. Not great, not overly terrible, just watchable really. The Futurama movie is infinitely better, but that's not really a surprise to anyone.

Worst movie of 2007 that I saw would have to be AVP:R. Ergh, it was terrible. As for best, I'd have to give shout outs to The Ten and 3:10 to Yuma.

17. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    In the theatres I saw:
    Transformers x 2
    RE Extinction
    Music and Lyrics
    POTC 3
    Shrek 3

Pirates 3 is easy the worst film I saw. Like a drug induced nightmare. Total crap. Didn't think much of 300 either........I think the only two movies I liked in the theatre were Transformers and Music and Lyrics. Strange combo I know.

18. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

That list is laaaaaaaaame. I don't know if that guy just doesn't see that many movies, or if he was just intentionally trying to rile people up.

28 Weeks Later was pretty good. Not as good as 28 Days, but still pretty good. ATHF is esoteric, and wouldn't have been released at all if not for the fact it cost about 30 grand to make. The Halloween remake certainly didn't hold a candle to Carpenter, but it damn sure wasn't one of the worst of the year, or even the series for that matter. See: Season of the Witch.

I'd say I saw at least 40-50 films in the theatre this year, probably more, not to mention countless DVDs. Looking through my ticket box, here are a couple that were worse movies than the aforementioned:

Mr. Woodcock, Shoot em' Up (LAME), Rush Hour 3, License to Wed.

And he really thinks Halloween 2K7 was dumber than The Hills Have Eyes 2? Please.

19. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i agree with jiggles........

for a guy who reviews movies he seems ill informed....... he threw in known titles at the top to offset the unknowns that actually deserve to be on the list

20. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Only one I can say I genuinely liked and wanted to see again was Ghost Rider. TF was only an okay movie- I agree with the Angry Video Game Nerd's review 100% on it and support what VG Cats said about it. I didn't care enough about Spider-Man to bother to even watch part 2, let alone 3. Raimi just didn't have his heart into it.

I can see why TF raked in so much though- it had no viable competition.

Cthulhu the Movie never did come out and Postal was delayed endlessly and so far has only come out in Germany and Austria(2 countries where playing the Postal games is illegal, go figure).