1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Smallest Transformers Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Feb 5, 2012.

1. xOGxPIMPIN

xOGxPIMPIN Autobot

When i got my WST Tracks from Heero off Ebay, it came with a sticker sheet

2. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

These were on shiny silver paper instead of white and had many more stickers than the Heero standard sheet had. I havent put them on yet as I was debating painting tracks a shade darker.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Last thing from Heero was trans G2 Laser Op: World Smallest Transformers WST G2 OP clear black_Autobot_heerotoys

Been meaning to snag one but money has been tight lately.

4. Unicron129

I would buy but hate the clear / wacky plastics. Annoying that Heero chooses these plastics. I assume it because its cheaper, but if he just made them the right color (including Tracks being darker), Heero would probably sell more.

5. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep really want the proper colour version. And also a Scourge but I’m not optimistic about that these days unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  6. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Yeah, was really hoping Scourge would be made at least, but I guess that boats sailed already.

7. Unicron129

Is Heero on TFW? He has so much stock of odd color figures. I’m sure if new designs started to come out, more people would get into WSTs. As someone who doesn’t want to deal with the money and space a G1 collection would take up in addition to my masterpiece collection, WSTs have just the right amount of representation and novelty to justify getting every character.

I tried getting Kabaya kits, but outside of Fort Max, the kits seemed a bit too big and simplistic to fit in with the rest of the line (not to mention the incorrect coloration in characters like Bruticus).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ninjahandz

Ninjahandz Well-Known Member

Yes! New figures coming at the end of February or early march. The line up so far is

Viewfinder
    Spyglass
    Spectro
    Kickback
    Bombshell
    Shrapnel
    Perceptor
    Magnificus
    Sea Spray
    Beachcomber
    Cosmos
    Hound
    Hoist
    Trailbreaker

The list above is for figures that are ready to go into production testing. After working tolerances issues they should be ready for immediate production. Later in the year Arcee, Springer

Mirage, Jetfire and Predaking might get released if sales go well.

I actually finished the designs a long time ago, I was just waiting for an affordable means to mass produce them. Plan is to release 20 of each figure, hopefully more if they sell well. Reflector was released in a small batch years ago but the quality of the figures was terrible compared to today's standards. The trio will get a proper release this time around with a high quality finish

• Like Like x 7
  9. nice sideburns

nice sideburns Autobot Brother

Count me interested!! I’ve still got your reflector!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninjahandz

15EF7C53-5125-40A3-B226-5B312B6F7CC6.jpeg E4E1F227-A5C8-411E-9F05-302FE37117C6.jpeg 74BBBAEB-E130-49B2-A797-9A69463A2724.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Count me in for pretty sure all of them (subject to my wallet!). I still have the Reflector from last time. I wouldn't quite kill for Jetfore and Predaking, but... ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

If you're doing Magnificus from Perceptor, how about Detritus from Hound and red Hoist. The E-hobby Insecticons, Shothole and co.?

Those all look great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A WST Predaking has been a dream of mine for years, so I'd be in for that 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninjahandz

Would love to do those too but they are more obscure characters and I fear they won't sell that well. WST is a very niche market as it is, doing e-hobby versions might backfire and I can't afford any loses on this project. Magnificus was such a popular release that it eventually carried over into other TF toy lines and is more recognizable, the odds of it selling are much higher for that character. However, if this line is very successful, I might do more figures in the future like I said before.

• Like Like x 1
  15. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost hate to say this, but could it be worth doing this in the form of a kickstarter or similar?

16. Ninjahandz

Don't think that would be allowed since these are licensed characters. It'd be awesome if I could produce figures without any fear of losing money by getting paid upfront. Anyway... they initial line up is confirmed for production. I am using Form 2 color resin for this figures. I saw some printed samples and there are no print lines anywhere! The figures look and feel like an official product and I love it. I just need to figure out the color formulas for the parts and see if additional paint will be needed. I am getting a Dazz3D printer at the end of this month to start doing tests.

sample of Legends sized figure made with a DazzPro
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Oh boy new WST news. Kind of on a Cosmos kick right now so seeing him on the list has me rather giddy to say the least.

I have no idea if Heero is, but part of me is leaning towards the no part. Even if he was he doesn't seem to be that into WST anymore. Really sucks because he seemed like the last hope to get what Takara teased in the last wave of their WST line. Guess Skids and those Meg add ons won't ever see the light of day. Well not unless someone else picks up the torch.

18. Ninjahandz

Planning on doing Skids later on, even with the mini bike accessory. The Megatron parts I already did years ago, I'll put a few up for sale with the rest of the figures next month

• Like Like x 2
  19. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any idea about how much these will end up being ?

20. Tavo RJ

Tavo RJ New Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Wow man! I really want many of these models! Please give where can we contact u for prices and preorders