World Record Transformer collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Smirker, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Do you count KOs or Third party stuff?

Do Headmasters count as 2?

What about the likes of Slammer and Full Tilt?

I'm sure some people would discount Actionmasters, Robot Heroes, Robot Replicas and Revoltech as they're not transformable.

I probably would count all of the above but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't.

2. omagaprime

omagaprime Well-Known Member

Dont forget combiners. Do you count the individual bots, is the combined form an extra? So 5 arialbots plus's superaon would make 6?

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
  4. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Ummm yeah I've accumulated more then that just picking and choosing what I like from G2 to the present. That's seriously not a hard number to hit if your not a hardcore collector.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I easily had over 1500 at one point. It's since been pared down a bit. The hard question is whether you count Minicons as one toy or a set of three as one toy. And Minicons that come with larger figures, do they count as one or two Transformers? If you use a rule that pack-ins must be counted as a set, then do Botcon sets only count as one?

6. michaelbird

michaelbird Well-Known Member

This is a ridiculous way of looking at a collection. I've even come to positively regard my own for what I have cut out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I count the legion figures, my son and I are already over 1000. The auction last year of the poor guy who passed away had way over 1500 pieces.

8. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At one point, my collection was about 1,700. So no, his collection definitely isn't a record.

Honestly, I don't see the point of having that many figures though. I've ended up selling off/giving away close to 1,200 of those figures simply because I realized I was buying shit just to buy it. I'm much happier with my currently collection. I'd say I have 400-500 figures (comprised of various toy lines outside of just Transformers), and I still feel like I need to "trim the fat" from time to time.

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Some people think they have a ot and think there number 1 lol.

I'm 1200 plus I have all of chug so far my g1 and i have beast wars till primes cast toys that actually seen release and more but I know I'm not number 1.

And yes my collection started not focused but now it is, as the new haven' been to fun lately I use to love the puzzle part of transforming them

10. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Back in the day it was a lot harder to get that many figures. Since it meant if you had 1500 it was almost every figure produced. I think G1 was something like 460 retail release figures, G2 was ~80, and Beast Wars up till Beast Machines was somewhere around 100. So it wasn't until the later series where you could even get that high. Now, hell I think just combiner wars was around 100 figures.

11. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I've got over 1200, though that's just the number on my spreadsheet, which includes some stuff I don't have on display (Movie-verse, Alternators, Legion class, broken toys). But I've probably got about 800-900 on display. But if this dude thinks 1,500 is a lot, there are probably people with 2,000 or 3,000 TFs. If someone is an obsessive collector and tried to pick up all TFs released at retail (not even counting Botcon, eHobby, and the like) from G1 to the present, you'd probably have that many, if not more.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    We had a thread here last year discussing this guy's claim. It's not even 1313 figures, it's 1313 items, including counting individual cards and comics, which appear to make up almost half of his collection since the article says he has 618 actual figures. Heck, just my UK G1 Marvel comic run has over three hundred issues.

13. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Whoa, 3000 is a small collection? Where do you store it? And how much was spent trying to accumulate that kind of collection?

14. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, no, that's not even close to the top. I haven't posted in here in a long time, but collection count as it currently stands is 3,743-- I've got pretty much everything released in the U.S. since '97, plus some Japanese and 3rd party stuff. My number's probably closer to 4,000 if you include non-transforming TF merchandise, which I don't. And I know Protoman has about twice my number, at least last time I talked to him.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    I'm sure the guy is happy with his collection, but it seems less like a hobby and more buying for the sake of breaking a record/the thrill of spending money. Very unfocused.

Echoing Yautja, I'd rather have 100 really good figures than 1000 things with the brand slapped on them.

16. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

At the risk of sounding shocked, where do you put the collection? If the average volume of a figure is, say, the size of a pop can, I just cannot imagine the space it would take to store 4000 pop cans. I would have to charge rent if my collection was 8000 figures.

17. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's all over the place, really. About 2/3rds of my collection is on display on top of or inside tall, 4-or-5 shelf cabinets with plexiglass on the front to keep out dust-- mostly in 2 large rooms, partially in a 3rd-- the oldest 1/3rd or so are in storage tubs. Keep in mind that particularly if you store them in vehicle mode a TF is more compact and so you can get considerably more in a tub than you'd think if you're wise about packing them. I don't just display them, though-- I play with 'em. Every few years me, my dad, and my younger brother will have a big war throughout the house with simplified Warhammer-style rules. It's pretty epic.

I know the Protoman guy I mentioned earlier who has about twice the number that I do (I think he might actually have the "record" if there is one of the biggest collection), he mentioned to me at Botcon 2013 about keeping TF storage/display in mind when he was looking at buying a house at that time, visualizing what goes where.

• Like Like x 1
  18. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    A big collection needs a BIG room...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  19. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, and you even keep a lot of your packaging-- I toss anything that isn't super-special like Botcon packaging.

20. CoktimusPrime

CoktimusPrime I see you ;)

Oh dear. One of those Who's got the Biggest ...... threads hey. ;) 

(For the record, I have 69. Winning!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.