World of Heroes: A super hero RP

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by Necromaster, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    ((World of Heroes is an RP that encompasses all comic book Superheroes and villains into a single RP. Classic bouts of good vs evil are sure to happen, as well as dimension-hopping shenanigans!

Rules:

-While more than one version of the same superhero identity is perfectly acceptable (ex. Various Spider-men are allowed to coexist) to avoid oversaturation we ask that you refrain from using the same identity under the mask unless there is a substantial difference to allow for that (for example, a Justice Lord take on the character or, if the character is nominally a villain, a heroic take on them.)

-No Godmodding. To this end, Dr Manhattan and characters like him are banned from this RP. Basically if they are more powerful than Darkseid or Thanos they are unplayable. (But seriously, even if the character is Batman they cannot be prepared for literally everything.)

-Only characters that originally hail from Superhero comics are applicable. Sadly this means you cannot choose Charles Barkley as one of your characters.

-No auto-hitting. You can have Superman throw a punch but it’s up to the other player if it hits. Of the same virtue, however, you cannot dodge every blow thrown your way. No one is invincible, not even the likes of the New Gods.

-Keep all interactions with other players civil. This is not a pissing contest to see if Marvel or DC are better, this is merely for fun.

Signup is here.

Enjoy!))

"...This just in: The STAR Labs facility in downtown Manhattan has recently been broken into by an unknown party. Their target is unclear, but they have come heavily armed and equipped with an armored van as a getaway vehicle..."

Hearing this radio report as he swung through the city, Miles Morales couldn't help but grin underneath his mask. "Showtime." He began swinging towards the location of the STAR labs facility to fend the attackers off.

Another afternoon in New York city...

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "If anyone can hear this message, I'd much appreciate getting some help here..."

Caitlyn sighed as she used her cryogenic powers to freeze water molecules in the air, forming yet another ice barrier between her and her assailants. They'd already managed to plow through a number of armored doors, so more likely than not her little ice replica of a bulkhead wasn't long for this world either.

She had to think fast- she was running out of hallway to back up into, as well as water molecules to freeze. Seriously, she could literally feel her lips getting chapped from the dry air. At this point it was looking like she's have to start freezing her opponents solid, something she wasn't looking forward to for a number of reasons.

And to think that this all happened right as she arrived at the New York location to check up on the various projects and trainees there. Lucky her.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

A pair of black tendrils shot out of a nearby shadow, coiling themselves around two of the thugs.
    "Need a hand, Ms. Snow?"

4. Necromaster

News Credits:
    The largest concentrated group broke through the final bulkhead between them and their prize: a substantial chunk of Kryptonite.

"Isn't this stuff radioactive, man? We should really have better protection..."

"Shut the hell up and start moving the thing, Wallace."

Two goons picked up the glowing green crystal and began to move it while the others kept watch, rifles at the ready.

5. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Caitlyn jumped at the sudden appearance of Spider-Girl. "Yes, that would be great, if you could do so without nearly giving me a heart attack..." She noticed the retreating criminals and froze the floor, making it extremely slippery.

6. Ranger Silver 6

"Sorry, half monster." She replied laughing as she threw the ones she was holding into the ground

7. Necromaster

News Credits:
    The two struggled to keep the Kryptonite sample from falling out of their hands while their backup covered them, opening fire upon the two heroes.

8. Ranger Silver 6

Spider-Girl started shooting webbing at the gunmen.
    "You know, bullets aren't exactly friendly."

9. Necromaster

News Credits:
    The gunmen barely had time to register that their rifles were jammed before they found themselves yanked up from behind and suspended from the ceiling. Miles allowed himself to descend on a webline to greet the others. "This a private party or can anyone crash?"

10. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Caitlyn shot a blast of cold past the remaining crooks in an attempt to block their escape. "Well, seeing how we have some unwanted guests we might need to be a little more strict about who we let in."

11. Ranger Silver 6

April turned around and shot some webs across the exit, blocking off that route.
    "Hey Miles, how's it hangin?"

12. Necromaster

News Credits:
    One of the criminals uttered a long string of expletives while the other took out his phone.

"Doing fine, doing fine. So, ah, looks like we've got the situation--"

Suddenly the armored car burst through the wall and slid to a halt. The remaining goons grabbed the Kryptonite and clambered into the back of the van, sealing the doors as the vehicle sped off.

"...under... control. Well, I can't say I saw that coming. Who's up for a car chase?"

13. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

Cisco was monitoring the situation from the cortex.

"You guys seem to be doing well, keep laying down the smackdown."

14. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "Good thing I've been practicing ice-skating," Caitlyn said as she pressed a button on her boots, causing ice skates to pop out of the soles. Getting a running start, she froze the ground ahead of her and skated along the ice.

15. Ranger Silver 6

April swung off after the van.
    "I love when they run."

16. Necromaster

News Credits:
    The van relentlessly plowed through anything in its way, blowing through red lights and ignoring anything remotely approaching safety protocol in a bid to escape. Miles, like the others, was in hot pursuit.

"Okay, we need a plan! Who deals with the crooks and who gets civilians out of the way?"

17. LegoTFGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "If I can get close enough to the van I can freeze its fuel!" Caitlyn stated.

18. Ranger Silver 6

"I can throw up some web blockades, make sure no one gets hurt."

19. Devaron9

Devaron9 Token Falchion Wielding Welshy

"That's settled, Miles takes Caitlyn and deals with the thugs while April deals with civilians. If you need help, I'm sure I can get some help from Barry or Wally."

20. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Miles swung in low and extended a hand out for Caitlyn to grab onto.