World Cup Interferes with Some Countries' Release Dates?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Decepticons, May 22, 2014.

1. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Woho still 26 june

2. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh hey, I know that guy...

Newcastle literally lives and breathes football, so I doubt we'll get Tf4 until September :rolleyes:  Guess I'll have to give up hope of going relatively spoiler free in to the Metrocentre IMAX, I'd have to just give up internet entirely.

3. ultramason

ultramason Banned

no offense to anyone involved, or any of the countries, but this is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.....

if you wanna watch "soccer" stay home and watch it. maybe go to the movies after the game

this is the most ridiculous thing Ive heard since changing Slag's name because "its sexual" . give me a break

so when does the movie release in the US of A? still end of june or later now?

"hey sorry everyone, X-Men isnt coming to theatres , due to the NBA playoffs. We'll release it when that's done..."

4. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Everything is not cool.

5. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

I feel for the folks who have to wait longer-and I'm really not even surprised at this decision. If people who aren't into sports can DVR things, why can't the hardcore sports fans do the same?

I wouldn't even be surprised if Hasbro/Paramount again pulls (with the film release date) what they initially pulled concerning the very plainly stated mention of a theatrical trailer thru the TF4 app -only to come back saying, "We meant the trailer for the app". If they think that piracy is a problem now, they have a RUDE awakening coming. Amazing how much power is given to green pieces of cotton & paper. . . .SMDH.

6. samurai drift

samurai drift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still 26th for Australia :)  fuck yes
    I feel for you guys overseas it should be delayed at all

7. Líder Optimus

Líder Optimus Well-Known Member

I'm from Brazil and this is just one more reason to be mad about the Fifa World Cup being hosted here :( 

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Yes they are. I was in Brazil for the 2002 World Cup. I was dating a Brazilian chick at the time and she was visiting family. India and Pakistan at the time were on the verge of nuclear war and the lead story on the news was Ronaldo's hair. Since the game's were at like 3:00am and 8:00am all the news stories were how were people going to cope and how some offices were setting up tbs in their conference rooms to watch the games. In Sao Paolo on Avenida Paulista which is their version of Wall Street they had giant tvs to watch the game. It was valentine's day during that time and I had no idea as no store had a display, it was all about soccer. If it wasn't for her cousin asking me what we were going to do I wouldn't have known.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not in the slightest I'm afraid - the film will still be released in the US at the same time and they'll probably stop working on the quality of the movie around the time they send the films to the US (Or however it works)

It'll be the same quality as whatever they've gotten up to at the point people see it In the US as in other countries.

10. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Feel bad for all the fans that have to wait an extra week or two now. If I was in a situation where there was a match on during a time I had planned to see the movie, I would watch the match then see the movie another time. The delay might encourage people to look at downloading the movie instead.

11. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    Totally to the side, but this is a good way to define what paramount sees as "soccer crazed countries."

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That FIFA logo looks like a facepalm.

13. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

It's facepalming all the peeps complaining...

14. kkroto

kkroto Active Member

Well I can watch any movie anytime after its release, but a World cup soccer game where your country is playing LIVE!!!.... that's A priority for me at least and I don't expect you guys to understand or agree... At the end of the day here in US people still call football to a sport that's is being played with the hands... so to each his own

15. Vraptor140

Vraptor140 Well-Known Member

Let's see... July 11!? augh!

Damn you world cup.

16. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Japan will be out of the cup by half-time of their first match, and I'll still have to till August 8th to see the movie! so think yourselves lucky, and sit the hell down!! :D 

17. Legendary Prime

Legendary Prime Last Defender of Primus

News Credits:
    *Checks the release date site to see if my country has postponed TF4*

I'm not even mad, said no one ever!! :bay 

18. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I doubt it haha i mean just the checked the release dates an who's been modified....and only seems to be countries paramount expect to do well in the tournament us in the uk haven't changed hahaha kind of indicative of how the world sees our chances of winning it lmao!! I think its so late to give us tine to regenerate some cash after us good old English have licked our wounds and drown our sorrows like everytime the England football team are involved in something lol!!

19. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are still getting the movie late buddy.

20. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I know dude it really sucks....a full 13 days late. Disastrous times. But i do think the emotional fallout from England failing yet again to live up to hype is probably a factor, just wont be as big a fallout as mine if i cant stay away from this site during those 13 looooonnng hard fought days an i spoil it for myself.