1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor/Repaint: Work in progress....

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm taking Cybertron Hot Shot apart this week when I have time. I'm doing the typical Hot Rod repaint, but with some minor remolding. Kiss the force chip gimmick good-bye. Oh, and I'm gonna dye all that blue ( even the dark stuff ) red. Yep, I figured out how to dye stuff white. Thereby enabling one to dye almost any other color. :D 

Will post pics as I make progress.

2. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Excelent! But aren't we supposed to be getting a Hot Rod colored repaint as an exclusive from somewhere? I still look forward to your version though.

3. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Supposedly we are getting it. Though he will still have the force chip. Mine will not. ( I hate gimmicks other than the transforming. )

4. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Yeah, the force chip does get in the way of aesthetics.... Maybe while you're at it, you can make a little trailer to go onto the mystery connector, and make him "Rodimus Prime." :thumbs2: 

5. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Will you be sharing how to dye something "white'? :D  Looking forward to your project. Keep us posted. :) 

6. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    i'm actually more interested in this than the rest of the aspects of the custom. :thumbs2: 

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yes, I will reveal the methods of dyeing white. I just wanna post the finished results first. I'd hate to give methods, then someone try it unsuccessfully and get mad at me because they just wasted a bunch of money. I hope to have the time to do some showable work by this weekend.

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

ohhh this sound exciting and idont even have hotshot yet, im really looking forward to this, WAHHOOO no forcechip

9. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Me too.... gotta learn this trick!

10. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I've finished the modifications to Hot Shot. He now has no force chip gimmick at all. I've also added some extra stuff to him. I think he looks better. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow before I take him apart to start the dye process. Hopefully I'll get enough done tomorrow that I can reassemble him a day or two for the final product pics.