Wonder Festival 2019[Summer] Takaratomy booth(with HASLAB Unicron proto)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's just direct causality. If the figure doesn't get backed, then Hasbro doesn't make the molds. If Hasbro doesn't make the molds, then the KO makers can't steal/copy them to make a backup.

Alternately, if no factory gets involved with this, then the CAD design files never have to leave the Hasbro offices, where they can be stolen and copied. If this doesn't get funded, the only practical path for the KO manufacturers to be able to make this would be if somebody within Hasbro were to leak the CAD files.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

Why not just use a Greendot debit card to purchase Unicron? Just make sure that you've got the cash in place by the deadline.

3. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

That's the thing though, I would say the vast majority of people who are waiting for the ko as it were are doing so because they can't afford it or aren't in a place where you even can back it, or both, like me. The other thing is that I can see why someone who technically can afford it wouldn't go for it, regardless of if one considers that a defensible position or not.

• Like Like x 1
  4. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

yes. it does matter as I display them in 360deg on a rotating platform...

• Like Like x 1
  5. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    I'm calling bullshit on a 360° rotating display platform for this Unicron... especially if behind glass.

Or was your post supposed to be in blue text for implied sarcasm? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    That's one giant backpack of doom!
    Hey, all the essence/ energon from devoured planets that have been destroyed must be stored somewhere, right? :lol 

7. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Lmao... backfat and swollen ankles!

How to get away from unicron... run in zig-zag patterns.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Clearly gorging himself and letting himself GO at the universal buffet of smaller planets, there.
    Back on topic: how does he squish his giant legs and arms into that planet mode? :lol 
    MaGiC

• Like Like x 1
  9. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

with that kind of price they are asking, one would assumed they would have implemented a better engineering to hide that turtle shell backpack..... but sadly no... that's just lazy design....

u need to get out more and see other people's wacky display especially in asia.... it will blow your mind!! even real actual car have rotating display in one of my friend's house .... anyway, call it bullshit all u want as it's not my burden to prove anything to you...;) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'm a person. So of course I'm gonna want to buy things as cheap as possible. Just like Hasbro and the people who designed Unicron btw.
    Anyway, you are not paying for for a sheer amount of hard work and creativity. Hell, our customers don't pay for that. They pay so that I get the wages society thinks my job is worth. But that doesn't mean I get paid what I work for, because I often take the work of a sick or holiday-absent colleague with mine.
    The same is true for people who work in the entertainment industry, but in reverse.
    That industry is a mob that favors the people working in it. Nobody in it does a sheer amount of hard work, they just enjoy doing whatever the heck they want. It's not a job,it's a hobby. A hobby that more often than not allows them to send the sick and ridiculous ramblings and obsessions of their minds into the world without anyone giving them just criticism for it. Because they are protected by the heaps of brainwashed who treat the entertainment industry as the new holychurch. They get you to pay what they think they can get you to pay for it. Not what their work deserves. Just like in any industry.
    You want to pay for a sheer amount of creativity and hard work?
    Look for it in any low-skilled job, because that is where people have to be creative and work hard just to be able to meet the goals of the day.
    You won't find it in the entertainment industry.
    That statue and unicron are not worth the asking price.

• Like Like x 1
  11. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Can I see a quick vid of your friends rotating real world car display in Asia?

Blow my mind.

But if you really want to blow my mind, show me a 3.5 foot tall by 5 foot wide transparent half-dome display with a rotating base to accurate display this piece like you claim.

I will seriously :bowdown:  if you show me this in your posession. :thumb 

12. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if it ends up being cheaper (it's Takara so that isn't likely) then I might be on to a winner here even if I have to pay postage TWICE The Black POTP Optimus Primal was cheaper to buy from Japan.

I guess it's going to be at least 50% more than Grand Maximus cost and he was what 250+
    Unless they open this thing up for sale to the UK directly I'm going to get murdered on customs, and shipping to the tune of up to £200 I may have to just shrug and hope to get a second hand one some time. if I buy American or Japanese it's still going to cost me the cost of an entire toyline for a single figure to get him. Also there is the slight issue that he's very poorly decorated for such an expensive toy with huge gaps in the stand and no paint on his teeth or Energy Transfer ring. He's also baby blue which is more a mis-consequence of the ropey colour timing in BluRay release than the colour he's actually supposed to be. That then went for the anime looks suggests to me they are trying to appeal to the cartoon followers... which isn't so great for those of us who equate Cartoon to items with less detail & so as a negative.

13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    If this is in Japan, then it MIGHT be possible to get this cheaper via Hasbro Asia.  However, I suspect the regular Japanese price will be more than Hasbro\'s.

14. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I predict over 80,000 yen. EASILY

• Like Like x 1
  15. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Stop that prediction shit right now.

That's way too high for us TF collectors... gunna give a brotha a unicron-sized coronary. ;) 

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bandai just posted a ~$950USD Gundam for sale and it sold out it only a few days. Most of its accessories are sold separately, too, for an extra ~$200 or thereabouts. And while it's loaded with diecast, it's only ~14" tall, half Unicron's height.

When it comes to Japan, it can get worse. Much worse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

now why would i even bother?? it's not like i owe u anything dude and i dont even know u.... time to move on.

18. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Aaaaaaaand point, win.

BS trophy acquired... yer' a winner, dude! :thumb 

Stop lying now, ok? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Farstryder

Farstryder Well-Known Member

Ko
    Yeah. I was thinking with the standard TT mark up and extra for being TT Mall. Probably $800 USD.

20. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    That cruddy little GShock Optimus was over 300 dollars the regular watches are only around 150 dollars, so the robot was around the same price. Ludicrous.