Women Flips off Tomb of Unkown Soldier in DC, Flaunts it on Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetalicGrunt, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  2. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

... What the hell?

3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    That's no tomb, that's just a sign. I think it's kind of funny. Not overly funny, but ok.

4. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    The Sign is located in Front of the Tomb

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah, but it has nothing to do with the tomb what she's doing. It's a joke. It's not like vandalism or something like that.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Wow, I read this as being physically flipping off, thinking someone had flipped their skateboard on the actual tomb.

I'm shocked that what I read was worse than that.

While I understand some people do like using photos to rebel (she mentions something about smoking next to a no-smoking sign), there are lines you just don't cross. There's a difference between rebelling for your right to increase your chances of lung cancer, and being disrespectful to people who fight in the most ridiculously dangerous environments. The first is you being addicted or deliberately stupid (choose one) and the second is disrespecting selfless courage. That's a HUGE difference.

It's...it's...if she's just pretended to yell, sure, that's just being annoying, but the gesture...horrible...horrible...

*shakes head in mixture of disgust and "WTF?!?!" emotions*

EDIT:
    :lol  Exactly. Disappointing. So wanted to see someone flipping off of the actual tomb on a skateboard/rollerblades/whatever. Bonus points for falling flat on their face from said flip. Extra bonus points for it being a backflip! :lolol 

EDIT 2: should mention this post sounds a lot angrier now that I read it again. I wrote it meaning that it was somewhat offensive a news story, but it sounds way more angry that I was at the time. Hmmm...still somewhat accurate. :) 

EDIT 3: see my next post. This one is rather pointless now.

7. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    Then you have no concept of what the tomb of the unkown soldier is. By the way, that is US Federal Property and not only was she doing against the law, she was on a work trip.

(f) Conduct within the Cemetery. Because Arlington National Cemetery is a shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces of the United States and because certain acts, appropriate elsewhere, are not appropriate in the Cemetery, all visitors, including persons attending or taking part in memorial services and ceremonies, shall observe proper standards of decorum and decency while within the Cemetery grounds. Specifically, no person shall:

(1) Conduct any memorial service or ceremony within the Cemetery, except private memorial services, without the prior approval of the Superintendent or Commanding General. All memorial services and ceremonies shall be conducted in accordance with the rules established in paragraph (h) and, except for official ceremonies, paragraph (i) of this section. Official ceremonies shall be conducted in accordance with guidance and procedures established by the Commanding General;

(2) Engage in any picketing, demonstration or similar conduct within the Cemetery grounds;

(3) Engage in any orations, speeches, or similar conduct to assembled groups of people, unless the oration is part of a memorial service or ceremony authorized by this section;

(4) Display any placards, banners, flags or similar devices within the Cemetery grounds, unless, in the case of a flag, use of the same is approved by the Superintendent or Commanding General and is part of a memorial service or ceremony authorized by this section;

(5) Distribute any handbill, pamphlet, leaflet, or other written or printed matter within the Cemetery grounds except that a program may be distributed if approved by the Superintendent or Commanding General and such distribution is a part of a memorial service or ceremony authorized by this section;

There's more to it, but this is NOT a case of the 1st Amendment. This is a case of a dumbass 30 year "womaN' who still lives at home, and guess what new pics of her mocking special needs people at the special olympics have just surfaced

8. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

She is an ass hat.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    So what? Some asshat is screaming for attention.

ProTip: Don't give it to them.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    A dumb thing to do maybe, but that certainly doesn't deserve all the attention. There are people are doing way more horrible things that don't get them fired.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Silly and disrespectful, but not worth raging about, or even giving attention. Also not worth demanding she loses her job over this.

I too came in expecting somebody to make a backflip off the tomb. Thread does not deliver.

13. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So many lessons could be learned from Forrest Gump. In this case, I would like to use:

"Stupid is as stupid does"

She is a fucking moron, regardless if it is a joke or not. I could understand a HS kid doing this or some ****** like that. But when you are a grown ass woman, you deserve the smack upside your head. Maybe that will teach her not to be a fucking ****** in the future.

14. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

im in the military..and at first read i was like WTF..but after clicking on the link and seeing the pic of her next to the sign, i dont see the problem..clearly she was just trying to be funny or defiant and thats it..not nearly as bad as those douches that are hanging their flags upside down right now..thats some shit that pisses me off...but not this..this is clearly a person with a defiant to authority kind of attitude being funny..or trying to be..

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like her reply... "OBVIOUSLY, etc."

Right, totally obvious you didn't mean anything about it.

Still, I'm not sure she should lose her job over being an ignorant, disrespectful bitch, but that's up to her employers to decide.

BTW, what the hell is "The Blaze"? Looks trashy.

16. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Morons these days

17. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

She knew the firestorm was coming. She's just being an attention whore.

18. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

This is a shining example of the world we live in. We all kept fighting for transparency and an all encompassing linked digital world, and we got it. I'm in the military myself, and this woman does have the right to do what she did. But she was beyond foolish to post this online. I believe she will get fired, and likely her life will be ruined. (I know I don't like what she did, and I'd certainly fire her). We no longer live in an age where we can do as we please, and think no one will see us online. That picture will never go away. It will haunt her for life. Sometimes, you learn from examples. Sometimes, you are the example.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    6 months from now she will be forgotten because something else with be the flavor of the day. Probably before that.

20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "This is just us... challenging authority in general. Much like the pic posted the night before, of me smoking next to a no smoking sign."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope she loses her job for good.